All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Thanks Tina.... new
      #252145 - 03/14/06 09:31 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Ive tried to slow myself down now and take a bretaher....I havent really got time to have a break at the moment...but fortunately I can go home for a week at easter and although I'l have to work too....Im gona try my best to unwind and it is something Im looking forward to.

My tutor is a 'know it all' aswell...granted she has a LOT of knowledge and experience as an architect but this is her first teaching job and you can sure tell...I keep telling myself not to waste my time letting her wind me up but shes just one of those people who you know only has to say something that slightly winds you up and thats it you're in a bad mood for the rest of the day.....why do some people do that? grrrrrrrr anyways.....I am glad Ive had a rest.....still not feeling great but am picking myself up and dusting myself off...I need to get that fighting spirit in me back out and tell myself that I can do it!

I really appreciate the advice and hugs.....made me feel a lot better!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks Tina.... new
      #252147 - 03/14/06 09:52 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

A break at Easter is SUPER!!! Even if you have to do some work it gets you away and you'll be able to recharge your battery. I think you're running on empty!

Don't let your tutor get you down. People like that suck and it's better if you can let it roll off your back. Easier said than done as I had a boss like that and it wasn't easy. But once I learned to ignore her stupid comments, it made life a bit easier!

YOU GO GIRL! I'd LOOOOOOVE to be in interior design school. You should be SUPER proud of yourself!!!

A view from the other side of the fence..... new
      #252169 - 03/14/06 11:34 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I know EXACTLY what you are going through, as I am going through this with DH. Only 8 weeks until graduation and the pressure is almost unbearable!! He is completing his Master's Degree, and it feels like our entire family has been earning it...arranging babysitters for the kids on class days, trips to the library...he even took the kids to a class project yesterday! I will be soooo glad when May gets here!!! Know you are not alone!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Whew... this is why I dont' miss college - hugs and hang in there!!! nt new
      #252171 - 03/14/06 11:54 AM
DanielsDad

Reged: 03/31/04

Not trying to high-jack this thread, but ecmmbm, I noticed that you are in NC. What part of NC are you in? I'm in the western part of the state.

It is a fab subject.... new
      #252197 - 03/14/06 02:03 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

as Im sure Brittany would tell you too....we're both finishing this year, but it is very stressful...most people think we're painting walls and all that....and although I have to admit Ilove to be creative like that....it is much more arhcitectural, conceptual and structural.......theres so much that goes into buildings its untrue...I have learnt so much from my course, even though I dont think its run very well....and Im excited to get a placement in a firm....probably as much as I am terrified of it.....getting into the real world of work is gona be a huge change of lifestyle for me.......Im planning on taking the summer to sort my portfolio out, just get a regular job to pay the bills and then start applying when I feel like I am ready for a placement....its scary to think things are all gona start getting serious....part of me wishes I could live the student life forever.....though when I get my first paycheque Im sure I'll disagree!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: It is a fab subject.... new
      #252222 - 03/14/06 04:35 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh yes, I know. Because I suck at math and can't draw to save my life I can't go to interior decorating school. So I know it's about WAY more than painting walls! LOL!

Get out in the work force when you're ready. I think some time to prepare yourself is a super idea.

Poor Nat new
      #252269 - 03/15/06 04:55 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I remember finals time too, deadline after deadline and pure exhaustion afterwards. I turned 21 the day before my finals and then went to the US for the summer three days after they ended. If I hadn't had the US to look forward to I would have gone crazy. Hang in there!

--------------------
S.

Hang in there, Nat... new
      #252407 - 03/15/06 07:17 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

This brings back memories. And I'm actually thinking about going back to school!

The ten weeks will be here before you know...and amazingly, somehow, everything seems to get done. One day at a time.

Then, you'll be an alumni....and free!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 791 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1571

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review