All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
IBS is good, new
      #249737 - 03/02/06 01:47 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I'm taking the last 2 doses of my antibiotic today and in the morning for the place on my neck. Who knows what it was, but the antibiotics cleared it up apparently! Thank goodness!! I feel pretty sure the probiotics have prevented the antibiotics from messing up my IBS, so I'm good!

Hope you are feeling better. Love and hugs to you!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You are the sweetest girl! new
      #249777 - 03/02/06 04:56 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I am definitely feeling a whole lot better. AF is here, on time, and not too painful, and I'm so relieved. one year of being hormonally off has been very hard.

plus, we got a foot of snow finally-winter landed in march-and I feel much more...."on kilter" because that's what my winter looks and feels like usually. And the sun is easier to absorb with it all reflecting off the snow onto my face....anyhow, I think I ahve SAD and I really think that the sun has shone more on me lately.

I've also been taking vitamin D and Calcium and I think that's helping the mood too. Phew!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: You are the sweetest girl! new
      #249827 - 03/03/06 08:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

This is all such great news!!

Being hormonally ON is sooo import! I'm glad they were able to detect the prob and fix it so quickly...hurray!!

I LOVE snow! I'm sooo super jealous that you get to have the white stuff fall on you...sned some my way?

I'm glad it's sunny despite the cold weather...that's the way it should be just so us SAD folks can have our peace of mind and still enjoy the cold

Sending you lots of love and a Happy Friday *hugs*

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: IBS is good, new
      #249828 - 03/03/06 09:00 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow, how great! The anti's worked AND without IBS upset! Yeeehaw!

I'm doing ok. Working on accepting what G-d has handed me...it's NOT easy but it's the only wa for me you know? (I figured you would understand...) I'm accepting my diet more and more. The driving bit is hard to swallow...but G-d willing it's only temporary as we change and up the meds. The fibro pain is less from my sugar free and almost gluten free diet so that's exceelent...and the IC pain will hopefully be helped by the new bipolar med (if not I tried a different anxiety med a while back that helped the pain so if we need to we'll put that in later if the new bipolar med doesn't do it!). So I have lots to look forward to and some cool stuff going on right now

So that's what's going on with me (sorry I wrote ya a novel ) What else is going on in your life?

Sending you lots of love!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Life is full here too. new
      #249845 - 03/03/06 10:24 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

It sounds like you have such a terrific attitude in all of this. To me, that is answered prayer. My girlfriend/best friend that I grew up with was diagnosed bipolar a couple of years ago, and I've learned a lot from her experience. Truly, it is a great challenge you face! I admire your strength so much!

DH has 8 weeks left to complete his Master's, so the heat is on right now! Poor guy! My boys just made their first major purchase in life - a new computer! They saved for almost 4 years and mom and dad finished it out for them. Very cool to see them so excited! We begin braces with my oldest on Monday, so that will be interesting...and trying to plan a spring break for my boys in April...LIFE IS FULL!!!

Love, hugs and prayers faithfully!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Very Pretty! new
      #249858 - 03/03/06 11:35 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

And very fitting!! I think you are a princess and I know you are a child of God. You show that with every post of loving and caring words of encouragement.

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: Hey, it's RUCHIE....here's my new name.... new
      #249859 - 03/03/06 11:41 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Sarala - Here is my thoughts on why the name fits you...

Sara was the wife of Abraham and the mother of Isaac. She was faithful to G-d in times of difficulty and he rewarded her and her family richly. She trusted in G-d and G-d used her mightily.

I often pray that G-d will use me too! We know G-d has a plan for your life Sarala, and you have claimed in this name!

On a more academic type note - it's really interesting to me to see the "la" suffix on the end of Sara has a Yiddish connotation of familiarity and the way it's placed at the end. In English we use "y" for that often I guess. Tibetans also use "la" at the end of names. Several of my Tibetan freinds call me Mindy-la - especially when they know I'm worried about something and they are trying to calm me down. I remember my German grandmother calling me Mindy-line. As a linguist type, seeing these little things are interesting to me, although most people probably don't notice them!

Hope it didn't bore you to read it!

Have a good day Sara-la!

Mindy

Re: Hey, it's RUCHIE....here's my new name.... new
      #249865 - 03/03/06 12:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

You know...I didn't realize what a perfect Sarah was for me until AFTER I picked it. I couldn't decide if I wanted Sarah Basya or Basya Sarah. My Rabbi said Sarah should come 1st because she was our foremother.

I realized after the fact that Sarah had her baby Isaac late in life. I have been doing everything late in life...so this brought me a lot of comfort! The whole name really makes me feel...um...well...sorta special Like I matter to G-d. I never felt this way before! It's a great feeling...

I find the linguistics here interesting as well! I didn't know Germans used "line" at the end of a name...how cute! Can I call you Mindyline or Mindyla? :-)

Thanks so much for sharing all this with me! How is life for you these days? Hope you Crhohn's and IBS (do you have oth?) are behaving nicely for ya!

lots of love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Very Pretty! new
      #249866 - 03/03/06 12:11 PM
Snow for Sarala

Praise G-d...it is because of the way He made me that I am the way I am (I'm just being who He made me to be) (In the past btw I would have just said "She's lying...I'm not caring! Changing my name is def. helping me grow and realize that everything is from Him!)

I love you Christie! I hope you're doing well. How's your daughter...did she have a complete recovery?

Have a great weekend

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Life is full here too. new
      #249868 - 03/03/06 12:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

G-d is helping me through. No question! I can't even survive a second without Him...more less get through all this madness!!

Wow, it sounds like a lot of exciting things are happening on your end! That's sooo great that your boys saved for a computer! How cool!!! What a great idea...to have your kids pay fr something so big that they really want

BRACES! Oy! LOL I hope it's not too expensive and that they work out well

Bipolar is hard stuff. I feel for your friend. Is she stable? I'm still not stable after about 10 months of trying But I can't give up faith now...I've survivied this far (can you tell I'm not depressed as I write this. I'd be singing a VERY different tune...)

Anyway...it's great hearing what's going on your life...it DOES sound very full May you continue to have Blessings in your life!

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1193 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6609

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review