All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
LOL! Getting me started!! new
      #247972 - 02/22/06 07:27 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah! We're adults! They should all keep my plate out of their business! 5 servings of TNT is great for healthy people. If I'm going to feel healthy I can't buy into the psychological romance of having a colorful plate. Come on! We eat to survive. Aliens in my bathroom is not my idea of survival, and praying for them to just get it over and finish me off is not my idea of quality of life!

Hey, if these FDA guys knew there were aliens lurking in their precious brussel sprouts, believe me, they'd be off this planet in a flash!! Let them have their tree droppings. I want to sleep through the night and not launch myself into orbit with my gas.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: By the way new
      #247974 - 02/22/06 07:31 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

C is a vacation for me too! It's so exotic.

Kate and Nelly - you gals are too funny! I'm so glad you're on the board to help lighten up IBS realities.

#247976 - 02/22/06 07:36 PM
Nelly

Yea for a balanced head! I hate pushing the fluids after an attack. It's a real high wire act.

The pain pills I'm on are to try to keep the fibro/IBS pain at bay. It's the lowest dose of vicodin you can get and I'm only alloted 2 a day. But with the regular imodium (perhaps a little less), I've been out of pain and out of the bathroom for a little while.

Thanks for asking about the fibro treatment! I'm going back to PA on Monday to get the results of all my blood tests, and get new prescriptions plus an IV fibro treatment (that part usually takes 1.5-2 hours). The last treatment I got was great for the stiffness in my shoulders. I actually was very relaxed afterwards. I'm supposed to get one every week, but I'm going back every 2 weeks after this one because it's so far away.

I'm looking forward to seeing #1 if I have Lyme disease (BF and dog have it), and #2 how my thyroid function is. And of course #3 seeing Melissa! She's great to talk to because she and I understand the science behind T3 receptors and other nerd-friendly information (I am a queen nerd, so true)!!

~nelly~

#247977 - 02/22/06 07:40 PM
Nelly

LOL, thanks. Sometimes it's so sad you have to laugh. I've had a bunch of moments where I thought it was just so rediculous that I must be being filmed! Like seriously, where's the camera!! Are you getting my best side? I can squeeze out a tear if I can get an Oscar nod from it!

You're pretty funny yourself too, M!M! Exotic C, LOL!! I totally concur.

~nelly~

Nerd Queens rule. new
      #247986 - 02/22/06 08:25 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Lyme disease--holy sh!t. I hope you don't have it.

I'm glad the treatments are helping. I get B12 shots and they seriously make a major difference.

You crack me up, seriously. I agree re: the fountain of D. A very bad thing. I'm tired of scouring the toilet everyday.

What kind of alien wouldn't eat veggies/fruit? Maybe I'll eat like a Borg? A Klingon? Hmmm...this is a tough one.
After this last attack...what's the point, I figure!

Kate.

Re: aww i feel for you!! new
      #248115 - 02/23/06 11:19 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

haha...i eat only lettuce and tomatoes in a sandwhich, i can have canned green beans and corn...thats about it...the rest i stay away from, i can DRINK carrot juice, but my body has a problem with whole veggies...steamed or not...silly bodies!!

Good alien question! new
      #248145 - 02/23/06 12:49 PM
Nelly

What do Vulcans eat?? They seem pretty smart. I picture it as a paste-type substance like the advocates in "Defending Your Life." I have definetly eaten like a Klingon in the past (insert loud slurping noises here)! That killer D can sure make a body ravenous.

Are you a trekkie?? What does the Borg represent, in your opinion? Is it death? The inability to survive outside collective autonomy? Religion?? I'd love to figure out what other people think. Also, what's in the suitcase in Pulp Fiction? The crown jewles? The holy grail?

OK, getting amped up and off track here. LOL!

~nelly~ I found a link for the Star Trek Cookbook

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 428 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4907

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review