Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why?
      #246847 - 02/16/06 04:36 PM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

I found out this from my vegetarian friend
animal test labs cut of rats heads and laugh!
Beagles troats are slit open and are forced to smoke a cigerette for a whole year the peole say they are studing the efects of smokeing WELL DUH WE KNOW ITS BAD FOR YOU!!
Poor animals i wish there is something i culd do!

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Don't believe everything your friends tell you... new
      #246856 - 02/16/06 04:59 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I've work in research labs with rats and mice. I probably will work in more of them once I start graduate school next year, as my research focus is neuroengineering/neuroscience. There are strict protocols concerning the treatment of lab animals and the testing of lab animals, governed at each institution by a panel of professionals, the same way testing done on humans is governed. We don't laugh when we cut off animals' heads. We are not testing on animals to be cruel, we are testing on animals to better determine how illnesses occur in humans and to develop better treatments.

I apologize in advance if I have offended anyone. I do love animals, I have a pet cat of my own, but I am not against animal testing if it is in a humane manner, such as that regulate by research institutions.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Yeah, this was the same with the bioethics class I took in college new
      #246860 - 02/16/06 05:10 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

There are very strict protocols to euthanazing an animal, stricter than I ever imagined, and I was a member of Peta and a strict vegan back in the day. I'm very impressed with what I've seen in medical labs, and I think that I should have devoted more time to human rights instead of boycotting Avon and Benetton back in the day.

Check out amnesty international if you'd like to make a difference in a fellow human being's life. They should have a humane society for humans. Wouldn't it be great iff we treated all our living human brothers with respect and didn't just limit it to the lower animal kingdom!

In a perfect world...!

~nelly~

I highly doubt that any of this is true! -nt- new
      #246861 - 02/16/06 05:12 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2233 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 888

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review