All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Thanks gigi new
      #246501 - 02/15/06 09:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

That was so sweet of you!! I agree with your friend, I like to have a "plan" for just about everything, almost to a fault though. My hubby is always telling me to just "wing" stuff and well, thats just not me! I figure if I can devote all the baby making energies into getting healthy, I'll be fit again in no time! I do tend to be like a dog sometimes, once I get my teeth into something, I don't like to let it go. I tend to get a little too obsessed about things but at least I realize that. As long as what I'm "obsessed" about it good and healthy, I figure thats just fine!

I'm glad to WW is working for you. I'm just trying to stick to a bowl of oatmeal or a zone bar for breakfast, a frozen diet meal for lunch, fruit for snacks, lots of water and a sensable dinner. I figure if I just cut my portions back at dinner and try to make healthier choices like veggies instead of cheesy potatoes that'll be a good start. I lost 40 pounds about 4 years ago so I know I can do it if I set my mind to it! I just have to stay away from the chocolate!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BIG Hugs, Michele new
      #246510 - 02/15/06 10:11 AM
michele

HEHE, Yes, I love Sesame Street! I grow up on that and Scooby Doo!! We actually still watch the cartoon channel also from time to time, just for fun!

I'm getting a little better with babies but its still hard. People will bring them into the office and ask me to hold them and stuff. Its not that I mind, it just hurts, as you understand. I can't believe you didn't tell anyone about your condition until you were 50!! That must have made it even harder.

I just feel so much love and joy with Harley I wonder how much more love and joy I would feel for a child. But, then I try to tell myself that I wouldn't be able to sleep in on Saturdays and we would be tight on money and I wouldn't be able to just veg in my chair after work when I'm tired and all the other things that go along with raising kids. I still hope that one day I will have a child but if not, I'm really trying to come to peace with it. I'm happy with puppy kisses over poopey diapers for now!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Shannon new
      #246514 - 02/15/06 10:18 AM
michele

Its funny, you don't WANT there to be something wrong with you or to be sick but you also want some sort of answers. Maybe they will find something and maybe they won't but I've come this far so I figured I might as well have all the tests done, just to know that I've done everything I can.

--------------------

Re: Thanks Angela!! new
      #246515 - 02/15/06 10:19 AM
michele

You know, we need to pick a day that we can get together!! Harley LOVES little kids and he and Noah would have a ball playing!!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Kelly new
      #246517 - 02/15/06 10:21 AM
michele

I feel better about things when I have a plan. Its like I need a direction or something to focus on. My plan is simply to get healthy and go from there. Plans are good but my shrink reminds me not to get too far ahead of myself!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Bamagirl new
      #246520 - 02/15/06 10:24 AM
michele

I'm feeling a little more solid as you put it. I do better when I have things to focus on and I've just got to learn to put the "baby focus" at the bottom of the list and my health at the top. It'll be difficult but I just have to do it, for my sanity!

--------------------

#246526 - 02/15/06 10:33 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am home this weekend with just Noah and me. You could come over Saturday if you want. I don't have any plans!! Other then I thought about going shopping. But that can always be done another time!!

Re: Thanks Ginger new
      #246528 - 02/15/06 10:34 AM
michele

As long as the dr says its ok than I think its great that you're trying to exercise while pregnant! I was WAY too sick and tired but your almost to the 2nd trimester now so that'll make it easier!! I'm already down a couple of pounds from my last pre-pregnancy weight but I have a lot more to go thanks to all the fertility meds and crap but its time I stop making excuses and just do it!

--------------------

#246529 - 02/15/06 10:35 AM
michele

I'm actually hoping to make it to my moms house as we still haven't had our christmas yet!! Every weekend either she, my stepdad or me have been too sick!

--------------------

Bevvy and Michele new
      #246537 - 02/15/06 10:56 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts and feelings about being childless. I still have a long way to go with acceptance...but you both are the best "sponsors" anyone could ask for.

Thank you both...from another childless woman. (I just found out my cousin is pregnant....again! 3 Babies under 3)! It is so hard to see the babies. My coworker just returned from maternity leave and she is a totally different person. All her conversations focus on the baby. And I've seen so many pictures. The green eyed monster is trying to be happy for her...and I am. But still, it's hard, as both of you lovely ladies know.

Michele, your post is filled with lessons for us all. Thank you and I'm praying you come to peace with all of this! You are such a wonderful lady...and yeah, you deserve the best life you can have ....no matter what that includes!

Love and hugs, always!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2546 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3157

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review