All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
I got engaged!!!
      #245679 - 02/11/06 09:06 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to share my news with all of you...I got engaged! I hope it's ok that I'm sharing it...I know I haven't been on here much recently but I'm still on a darn typing restriction because of my arm injury so it's been hard...but I've been reading EVERYTHING (point and click...gotta love it). So I was granted today up to 1 hour to be able to type and I wanted to share my news...and if my arm is ok tomorrow hopefully I can have another hour and then by Monday I may be good to go.

Anyways, my bf of 7 1/2 years (I know, long time!) proposed to me this morning. I nice, simple proposal...he woke me up after a nice sleep-in down on one knee. He doesn't have a ring because we're going to use a ring I inherited from my mom when she passed away...but he has a beautiful idea of what he's going to do with it (we're going to custom design it and change it a bit) ... and he's already talked to the jewellers to make sure he can do it So we're going next weekend to drop it off and make arrangements...but I can show the pic of the ring we're using for anyone who is interested: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/momring.jpg

The plan is to use the big diamond in the middle and likely make a solitare with a white gold band, and then use all the little diamonds on each side to make the wedding band.

Anyways, I just really wanted to share my news with you guys...I've told my family but his family are coincidentally coming down to visit tomorrow so we'll be telling them then, so I haven't been able to tell anyone else (friends, friends of the family) because my fiance (feels weird saying that) didn't want word to get to his family before we could tell them.

Well, I'm off...hope you guys don't mind me blathering, I was just pretty excited

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mazel Tov! -nt- new
      #245680 - 02/11/06 09:12 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Re: I got engaged!!! new
      #245684 - 02/12/06 12:00 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Oh that is so great, just the type of pick me up you have needed. You seem to have been having so many difficulties for such a long time and that must make you feel great to know that he is there for you and loves you so much even through all of it. I looked at the pic of the ring and it looks so nice the way it is now, anything you do to personalize it can only make it even better.
So you had to wait 7 1/2 years?? wow, my bf and I are coming up on 5 years March 1st and I don't think it will happen just yet.
Anyway, so excited for you, and I hope this is the beginning of nothing but good things for you from here on.
Take Care,
Bethany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Mazel Tov! new
      #245688 - 02/12/06 03:37 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Congratulations! My wife and I got married after 8 years together - it was worth the wait! We didn't really expect it to change us, but getting married deepened our relationship even after all that time togehter already.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Yay !!!! new
      #245689 - 02/12/06 05:22 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I'm so happy for you. I like your idea for changing the ring. It looks like it will come out nice because the center diamond seems like a nice size for a solitaire.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

How Exciting! Congratulations! `nt` new
      #245690 - 02/12/06 05:45 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Congratulations, Kelly! I wish you two the best---nt-- new
      #245693 - 02/12/06 06:34 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

YAY! Congrats!!!! -nt- new
      #245694 - 02/12/06 06:35 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Congrats! It's nice to hear good news from you!-nt new
      #245695 - 02/12/06 06:37 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Congratulations!! new
      #245696 - 02/12/06 07:12 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Thats great news, Im so happy for you!! Ooooohh you'll have so many exciting things to sort out for the wedding now, I can't wait till I get to do all that! Im sure Sinead(cailin) will have some tips for you....she is a pro in wedding arrangements now I know she found great things on the internet!

Are you planning on having a big wedding or a small one? You must post pics of dresses, rings everything....I love it!

Congratulations to both of you!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 632 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6433

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review