Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I got engaged!!!
      #245679 - 02/11/06 09:06 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to share my news with all of you...I got engaged! I hope it's ok that I'm sharing it...I know I haven't been on here much recently but I'm still on a darn typing restriction because of my arm injury so it's been hard...but I've been reading EVERYTHING (point and click...gotta love it). So I was granted today up to 1 hour to be able to type and I wanted to share my news...and if my arm is ok tomorrow hopefully I can have another hour and then by Monday I may be good to go.

Anyways, my bf of 7 1/2 years (I know, long time!) proposed to me this morning. I nice, simple proposal...he woke me up after a nice sleep-in down on one knee. He doesn't have a ring because we're going to use a ring I inherited from my mom when she passed away...but he has a beautiful idea of what he's going to do with it (we're going to custom design it and change it a bit) ... and he's already talked to the jewellers to make sure he can do it So we're going next weekend to drop it off and make arrangements...but I can show the pic of the ring we're using for anyone who is interested: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/momring.jpg

The plan is to use the big diamond in the middle and likely make a solitare with a white gold band, and then use all the little diamonds on each side to make the wedding band.

Anyways, I just really wanted to share my news with you guys...I've told my family but his family are coincidentally coming down to visit tomorrow so we'll be telling them then, so I haven't been able to tell anyone else (friends, friends of the family) because my fiance (feels weird saying that) didn't want word to get to his family before we could tell them.

Well, I'm off...hope you guys don't mind me blathering, I was just pretty excited

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mazel Tov! -nt- new
      #245680 - 02/11/06 09:12 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Re: I got engaged!!! new
      #245684 - 02/12/06 12:00 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05

Oh that is so great, just the type of pick me up you have needed. You seem to have been having so many difficulties for such a long time and that must make you feel great to know that he is there for you and loves you so much even through all of it. I looked at the pic of the ring and it looks so nice the way it is now, anything you do to personalize it can only make it even better.
So you had to wait 7 1/2 years?? wow, my bf and I are coming up on 5 years March 1st and I don't think it will happen just yet.
Anyway, so excited for you, and I hope this is the beginning of nothing but good things for you from here on.
Take Care,
Bethany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Mazel Tov! new
      #245688 - 02/12/06 03:37 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Congratulations! My wife and I got married after 8 years together - it was worth the wait! We didn't really expect it to change us, but getting married deepened our relationship even after all that time togehter already.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Yay !!!! new
      #245689 - 02/12/06 05:22 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I'm so happy for you. I like your idea for changing the ring. It looks like it will come out nice because the center diamond seems like a nice size for a solitaire.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

How Exciting! Congratulations! `nt` new
      #245690 - 02/12/06 05:45 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Congratulations, Kelly! I wish you two the best---nt-- new
      #245693 - 02/12/06 06:34 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

YAY! Congrats!!!! -nt- new
      #245694 - 02/12/06 06:35 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Congrats! It's nice to hear good news from you!-nt new
      #245695 - 02/12/06 06:37 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Congratulations!! new
      #245696 - 02/12/06 07:12 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Thats great news, Im so happy for you!! Ooooohh you'll have so many exciting things to sort out for the wedding now, I can't wait till I get to do all that! Im sure Sinead(cailin) will have some tips for you....she is a pro in wedding arrangements now I know she found great things on the internet!

Are you planning on having a big wedding or a small one? You must post pics of dresses, rings everything....I love it!

Congratulations to both of you!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Congrats!! How exciting!! -nt- new
      #245701 - 02/12/06 07:56 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Oh my! CONGRATS! Woohoo! new
      #245709 - 02/12/06 08:40 AM
retrograde

That's so great Kelly! I'm so happy for you!! And that ring is beautiful

Wonderful news....Congrats! -nt- new
      #245712 - 02/12/06 08:46 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

#245718 - 02/12/06 08:55 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

WOO HOO!!!!!! x 100!

YAY, from Tommy and I. That's awesome dude!

Congrats, Kelly! new
      #245719 - 02/12/06 09:00 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

When's the big day?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#245731 - 02/12/06 09:47 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Congrats Kelly! I'm sure you are on cloud nine

P.S. I love the ring. Are you really gonna change it?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Mazel Tov!!! Congratulations!! new
      #245733 - 02/12/06 09:50 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Thats wonderful news!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Congrats Kelly! Wonderful news! -nt- new
      #245736 - 02/12/06 10:09 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Congrats Vicam!! new
      #245741 - 02/12/06 10:15 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm so glad for you! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

~nelly~

Kelly, that's wonderfu;!!! new
      #245748 - 02/12/06 10:26 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

many, many congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you. Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#245753 - 02/12/06 10:31 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Congrats sweetie!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us..... AAwww.... I'm so happy for ya!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Congratulations Kelly! new
      #245773 - 02/12/06 11:16 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

that's the best kind of good news! (well, that and babies!)

The ring is gorgeous.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thank You! new
      #245788 - 02/12/06 12:54 PM
Vicam

Hey Guys,

Thank you to everyone who replied...I really appreciate it. I'll keep you posted on details and stuff but my bf (oops...I guess I should call him fiance now which is so weird) thinks I'm crazy for wanting to start planning already.

As for dates...we're thinking of August 2007...that's our "anniversary" of when we started dating back in highschool (August 13th) and we kind of like it so we thought we might stick with it. Gives us lots of time to plan and everything.

And yep, I'm going to change the ring...I've gone back and forth with it but I think it'll be really special to have a ring custom designed by him...but still keeping in the family as the diamonds have been in the family a long time. Plus, while it may be a beautiful ring, it looks really stupid on my finger...trust me. I've tried wearing it around and it just looks so silly. It's just really not me. I wish my Mom was still around so I could get her approval...but I think she would approve.

My Dad and his fiance want to take us out next Sunday to celebrate (they're getting married in April) and his family is going to be down this afternoon and I'm so nervous. I don't know why, we've been living together for 3 years now and they've always made me feel like part of the family, but seriously, I'm so nervous! I wish we could have just told them over the phone like I did with my Dad!

Kelly

Kelly, pardon my ignorance new
      #245797 - 02/12/06 01:32 PM
_Willow

as in the proper meaning of the word-not-knowing -ness

but I ahve no idea why or when your mom passed. Can you please fill me in.
I'm so so sorry she can't be there in body for your big day. My mom drives me nuts,a nd floats in and out of my life... but at least she's here, and I am thankful for that.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Shannon new
      #245804 - 02/12/06 01:51 PM
Vicam

Don't feel bad...it's been mentioned here and there on the boards but I don't expect everyone to know My Mom died of pancreatic cancer back in 2001 when I was nineteen. That's why I have her rings and some of her other stuff. It will be rough not having her there for my big day...especially since she loved big parties and weddings and stuff like that and my Dad totally doesn't so I don't know if I'll be getting my "dream" wedding or anything like that. Plus, by the time I get married my Dad will be remarried so I don't know what the etiquette there is...if she'll be considered the mother of the bride of what.

Kelly

Congratulations, Kelly! new
      #245834 - 02/12/06 05:48 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

What a special time in your life! Enjoy it!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Congratulations Kelly! What great news! -nt- new
      #245837 - 02/12/06 06:37 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

#245906 - 02/13/06 09:12 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Congrats Kelly!! Thats wonderful news!!!! Yay!! I'm so happy for you!!! Did you guys set a date?? What type of ceramony are you guys planning, something big and fancy or a bit more simple?? I can't wait to hear all about it!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Sounds like a beautiful way to use your mother's ring - congrats! nt new
      #245917 - 02/13/06 10:12 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Woohoo!! Congratulations! -nt- new
      #246011 - 02/13/06 02:03 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi Michele new
      #246090 - 02/14/06 12:01 AM
Vicam

Thanks for the congrats We have sort of set a date...we're going to aim for August 11th 2007 but that could change depending on venue availability and/or price. If it makes a big price difference to do it not during the summer we may change our minds. As for what it's going to be...it'll likely be fairly big because Scott has a huge family, but nothing super fancy. I don't want anything overblown but I do want it to be classy. I'm picking up some bridal magazines and trying to decide what I want, but the first thing I need to do is choose a venue. Apparently the most popular ones in my city are snapped up 12-18 months in advance which is super stressful!

Thank You! I will -nt new
      #246091 - 02/14/06 12:01 AM
Vicam

I think so... new
      #246092 - 02/14/06 12:03 AM
Vicam

Yeah, I think I really am going to change it. I love it too...but it isn't me at all. It looks really silly on me and just isn't my style for an engagement ring, and I've wanted my engagement ring to be made up of something of my Mom's ever since she died. I'll take lots of pictures and I'm going to save the band/setting...but I think I will be changing it.

Re: Congrats, Kelly! new
      #246093 - 02/14/06 12:04 AM
Vicam

I posted a bit about this in my response to Michele...but possibly August the 11th 2007...depending on different factors. Never knew I'd have to set a date so quickly but it's the first thing everyone asks

Laurel new
      #246094 - 02/14/06 12:05 AM
Vicam

Thanks Since you're in London...just wondering if you have any suggestions or have heard about any nice places to have a wedding ceremony and reception? We're not going to do it at a church so we need to find somewhere else...it can be two venues or all at the same one, I'm not picky...just thought I'd ask and see if you had ever heard anything.

I think Windermere Manor up by the University looks beautiful but is probably really pricey...I'll have to look into that one.

Natalie new
      #246095 - 02/14/06 12:06 AM
Vicam

I definately hope Cailin will jump in with some suggestions or resources...I can use all the help I can get

And I will definately post pictures once I have them...I'll probably have the ring and venue long before anything else, but at least it's a start

Re: Yay !!!! new
      #246096 - 02/14/06 12:07 AM
Vicam

I think it will come out nice too...it's a pretty big diamond but in the right setting I think it will look great as a solitare...it's just too much bling for me with all the other diamonds surrounding it

Bethany new
      #246097 - 02/14/06 12:09 AM
Vicam

Yes, I did wait 7 1/2 years but we started dating really young so it doesn't seem that strange...I started dating him when I was 16. So I'll still be a fairly young bride I am glad to know he is there for me...it's weird, he told me he was planning on proposing later in the year but just felt like he couldn't wait anymore, which seems strange to me because if anything things have been harder for us (or at least me) lately...but I'm glad to know that he wants to be with me in spite of all that. I wouldn't worry about the fact that you're coming on 5 years...just think, whenever you do get engaged you'll be confident that you know eachother really well

That's nice to hear new
      #246098 - 02/14/06 12:10 AM
Vicam

Some people have been giving me the "what's the point" line because we've been together for so long and living together for 3 years...but I think the official committment is important and hope it does deepen our relationship. So thank you for sharing...it was really nice to hear

Nat got me pegged! new
      #246103 - 02/14/06 02:48 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..but she did visit me in Dublin in the height of "Project Wedding!"
I've printed my tips in the other thread.

--------------------
S.

Kelly- venues new
      #246108 - 02/14/06 04:57 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05

Hi Kelly,
Just thought I would let you know of a couple of places I have been to weddings in London. Our friends got married at Windermere Manor and it was very nice, there wasn't an outrageous amount of people though because it isn't very big. You can spill out onto the courtyard and surroundings though which is nice. There is also a big balcony that surrounds the on room where people can look down.
This past summer I attended a wedding at the Bellamere Winery on Gainsborough Road and it was really nice as well. The food was great, and the inside is really nice too.
For both weddings the ceremony and reception were held in the same place and the ceremony was late (4'ish). I thought that was really nice, especially if there are people from out of town, etc, they don't have to hang out for hours figuring out what to do.
I have heard alot of people talk about the Lamplighter Inn but I would think it would be pricey and it is always booked waaaay in advance.
My best friend, who lives in London, is getting married this summer and I am in the wedding. I have to get myself to Sudbury for hers. I am stressed about it already, talk about anxiety and pressure. A 7 hour car drive and I have difficulty with 1 hour sometimes.
Anyway, good luck and keep us posted!
Bethany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Laurel new
      #246137 - 02/14/06 07:29 AM
retrograde

Hmmm well the only one that popped into my head immediately was Windermere Manor, which you mentioned. It is really beautiful there though - I attended a luncheon/conference thing there a while back and I was thinking 'wow I bet this would be a great place for a wedding...' Bethany's right though, it's not huge, I'm not sure how big you need though... No idea re: price, sorry.

Beyond that I don't really know... but Bethany's already given you some good ideas it seems!

And again, CONGRATS! I'm just so happy for you!

ps I love your new profile pic! You have gorgeous hair!

((((kelly)))) new
      #246281 - 02/14/06 12:57 PM
_Willow

it must be awful to lose her....but I know she's in heaven loving how happy you are.

It's all your choice, if your stepmother is big to you, then you can have her as part of it.
My parents were divorced but I wanted both to walk me down the aisle.

Good luck with it all!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

CONGRATS!!!! -nt- new
      #246332 - 02/14/06 03:25 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

Yes I know u too well!! n/t new
      #246338 - 02/14/06 03:41 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6360

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review