All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
i'm sure they are sick, but no reason for them to run all over you... new
      #245430 - 02/10/06 08:59 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

thats not fair to have your children change their minds...though kids do that..when my daughter is sick, she wants one thing...noodle soup...i think i sorta conditioned her to have that as a comfort food when she's sick, but thats what she always wants!! i make is special for her, get the cambell's stars or dora, whatever, get her toast and apple juice or whole food's key lime soda (which is not bad bad soda) and pamper her a little!

she gets to lay on her couch in the living room (those little fold out kid ones) have some blankets and watch tv. then i'll turn the tv off, have her nap, then when she wakes up we do it all over again.

a few weeks ago she was up ALLLL night throwing up and dry heaving, it was hell....so i can feel for you...my daughter is 5 1/2 and i don't have OCD but mike is OCD-ish, but his is more controlable...i know the trigger, he wants control, thats a whole nother issue that we work on.

anyway, they cant run mommy dry, then there is no mommy to help them. and you can get to your breaking point faster. I've told my daughter, i understand you don't feel good, and you need extra love and i show her the extra love and cuddles....but blankets and dolls have helped her and given me a little space too.

i know how your kids feel too...when i'm sick sick i want to be held and cuddled and pampered because you feel so alone when your really really sick! (i'm an only child...lol)

hope that helps you some..but remember YOU are the person caring for them..so YOU have the right to take some time out...knock them out with some sleep stuff!! lol...seriously...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help me stay sane here! Frazzled Mom!!!!!!!! new
      #245458 - 02/10/06 10:42 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

(scream!) Alicia, you are so incredible! Stay sane. This sounds like one for the books. You either laugh or cry.

Kate.

Hugs to all - I got a PEDICURE today!!!!!! new
      #245487 - 02/10/06 12:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Last night, thank God, they slept. I curled up with hubby and watched some TV. I shipped the kids off to my Mom's this morning, went to my psych appointment, and then went to a drop in nail place for a quick nail polish only to find that they also give pedicures!!!! It was wonderful, and my feet feel so soft and light, and the polish makes me smile whenever I see it. I'm going to commit to having a pedicure at least once every six months!!!
Thanks for all your support. My son is now whining "I need you!" Back to sick reality. Blech!
At least hubby will be home to help this weekend. Maybe I'll run away to Wal-Mart or something for an hour!
XOXO
PS - guess what the psych said? He said I need to take more time for myself on a REGULAR basis - any Mom needs that - and since I'm dealing with OCD and BP, I need it so much to work on things. I'm drowning in Mommyhood!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Hugs to all - I got a PEDICURE today!!!!!! new
      #245491 - 02/10/06 01:01 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yay, pretty toes! I'm glad you treated yourself to some YOU time. You deserve it!

Re: Michele - you are amazing. new
      #245492 - 02/10/06 01:02 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

For you to step up and give sympathy to a whining Mom after all you've been through - (crying) - you are an incredibly special person and I love you very much!

--------------------

Re: About that tonic.... new
      #245493 - 02/10/06 01:03 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I stopped by the liquor store and bought a bottle of wine for this weekend as a special treat to share with hubby. YEH!

--------------------

ALWAYS helps!! LOL - glad to see the SMILE! nt new
      #245511 - 02/10/06 01:32 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: i'm sure they are sick, but no reason for them to run all over you... new
      #245516 - 02/10/06 01:50 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thanks, sweetie. I did put each kid on a couch downstairs, gave them their security blankets, fluffed up pillows and covered them with a blanket and turned the TV on. At least that gave me a little bit of space.
Unfortunately, they don't like soup. Gotta work on that one!

--------------------

Re: LOL! My son is the same.... new
      #245517 - 02/10/06 01:51 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Can't get a drop of medicine in him without him throwing it back up. Have to pin him down and corner him, lie him on his back, and practically sit on him till he swallows. Whereas my daughter will take it and ask for more. Yikes!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Re: Michele - you are amazing. new
      #245522 - 02/10/06 02:12 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw thanks! I most definitely don't think of you as a whining mom though!!! I'm sure if I ever have a child of my own, I will have days like these too!!!! Hugs and love!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1483 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8110

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review