All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re:Good for you! new
      #245264 - 02/09/06 10:15 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I was going to wait a couple more weeks and see if the melatonin I am trying would work and I also had a b12 shot but on the way to work this morning I drove off on the side of the road 3 times which really scared me. So hopefully I can get some good drugs today and get a good night's sleep.

Thanks for all your help,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need Help and the doc doesn't seem to care.... new
      #245271 - 02/09/06 10:57 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Tissy - I don't have fibro or anything, but I would get to another doc pronto! Have him run a battery of tests to see if you have any deficiencies - like iron or B12 that can wipe you out. You could also have a sleep disorder - they run in my husband's family. They're exhausted all the time and could fall asleep at the drop of a hat. My husband gets tired while driving and it scares me. He nods off and shakes his head to wake up. This is something you need to take REALLY seriously.
Let us know.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#245272 - 02/09/06 11:13 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I vote for not normal. I have chronic insomnia and am always exhausted when I wake up. But back when I drove to work every day, I NEVER even came close to falling asleep. To me this is serious and I don't liek the ide of you driving at all. Sorry but I'd hate for you to get hurt.

#245305 - 02/09/06 01:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Well, I have this as well. If I dont' get enough sleep it's worse. I thought it was just my meds or my imagination. So I guess i'm no help...but I CAN relate. Keep me posted...I'd love to hear what the new doc says! *hugs*

P.S. How are you these days?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Tissy! new
      #245330 - 02/09/06 04:01 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I agree you're def experiencing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, closely affiliated with fibromyalgia and definitely linked. You're not getting restorative sleep at night and it's messing up your waking hours big time!! I really hope the B12 shot kicks in soon and you feel better. The Energy Extract Melissa and I are on has been working for me during the day. Here's the link Mel posted recently: http://www.nutrimedical.com/products.jhtml?method=view&product.id=1897

I totally feel the same way, especially in the wee early morning hours and at about 4pm. I've taken ambien at night, but they were addictive for me. I was prescribed the 10 mg pills, but I was taking 2 at night, and then 1 during the day to stop my back from hurting (they also kill pain). I went through 30 pills very quickly, and I don't think I'm going to renew the Rx any time soon. They're also expensive-- $112 for 30 pills with no prescription plan. Yikes!

Have you tried taking 1/2 a benedryl before you go to sleep, if a full pill makes you tired in the AM? If you kick in your sleep (ask your DH! ), maybe you could consider taking baclofen to stop? It works for me with no morning effects-- I take 10mg before sleeping and I don't kick, jerk or gnash like I used to. Just some suggestions for your new doc...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you!

Check your email.

~nelly~

UPDATE new
      #245411 - 02/10/06 07:15 AM
Tissy

Thanks for the support everyone!!

My regular doc does research on fibromyalgia on the side, and is really good about not making me think I am a wacko and making all this up. But he focuses to much on the pain aspect and not enough on the sleep deprivation part.

So I went to see another doc in the same office yesterday and he was like "WHAT! You are falling asleep at the wheel. That's not good. We have to do something about that!" He gave me Provigil,anti-narcoleptic med, to stay awake so I don't nod off at the wheel or during work. He said they give it to fighter pilots in the military to keep awake. It works, I was really tired this morning but I didn't fall asleep at the wheel. YEAH!! This is a temporary fix though, he is scheduling me for a sleep study.

Thanks again everyone!!! Hopefully this sleep study will show something b/c he said I can only be on the Provigil for thirty days unless I have narcilepsy (sp?)

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Edited by Tissy (02/10/06 07:32 AM)

Thanks Nelly! You got Mail back! -nt- new
      #245412 - 02/10/06 07:16 AM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

Ruchie new
      #245413 - 02/10/06 07:23 AM
Tissy

Hey sweetie! How are ya today?

I have fallen into my own pit of self-pity and have been so tired I can't pull myself out. So I haven't been much use to others around me. I feel like I can't help anyone else if I can't help myself. And I have been so tired that I feel like I don't even have the energy to talk on the phone or type emails by the end of the day. So I have kinda withdrawn into my own little world trying to get my exhaustion under control.

I have been keeping tabs on you though, reading your posts. You are such an inspiration. I have one problem and I turn into a baby. You have multitudes of things you are dealing with but still remain upbeat. Sorry I haven't been replying to posts or emailing you lately. I think things will be better at least for thirty days while I am taking the Provigil to keep me awake. Hugs and smooches to you!! Thanks for being so upbeat and positive.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: UPDATE new
      #245436 - 02/10/06 09:08 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That's great!!!!

I had a sleep study. It was no biggie, you'll just be attcahed a zillion wires and have to sleep while being monitored by a camera with a live person watching. he he

Oh ya, and you'll have tons of 'goo' in your hair from them attaching electrodes there. It all washed out with shampoo though.

Re: UPDATE new
      #245442 - 02/10/06 09:19 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thats a great start! I'm sl glad they are taking you serious now!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review