Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some quick advice...arm injury?
      #244140 - 02/04/06 12:25 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Sorry again for hardly posting...I've really hurt my left arm and typing hurts like crazy but I have been reading and thinking about all of you. I'm so behind on my posts/emails etc. it's pathetic.

Anyways, decision time. I've never broken a bone, sprained something etc. in my life but I seem to have really hurt my arm and need to make a decision about whether to go to our local urgent care center. I don't want to go because it's connected to the system where I see my doctor so it says there that I have "pain disorder" (i.e. I manufacture pain due to psychological problems or something - doesn't mean I'm a faker, just that I feel psychological pain physically or something). Anyways, this happened Thursday night...I was having one of my terrible freak outs and tried to lock myself in the bathroom and my bf grabbed the back of my sweater and tried to pull me into him to hug me and calm me down.

I was on my sedatives, really overtired and really freaking out and I slipped and my shoulder hit the bed (a bed of all things!). I figured it would be fine and it only hurt a little that night...but since then has been getting progressively worse...to the point where I can even lift my arm up horizontally now. I can use my forearm without too much discomfort but my bicep (sp?) and shoulder are toast.

What do you think I should do? Could it just be muscular and I should just wait it out or should I have it checked out?

Thanks
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some quick advice...arm injury? new
      #244149 - 02/04/06 01:00 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have it checked out sweetie. Always best if you can't move something properly.

And just b/c you have a pain disorder doesn't mean you can't break bones! Anyway, it's all physical, whether it's your brain producing weird chemicals to make you hurt or you bruising or snapping something. My Fibro pain is physical but it is so linked to stress it's unreal.

Re: Need some quick advice...arm injury? new
      #244163 - 02/04/06 02:27 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Have you taken anything to help the pain/swelling? I'd get it checked out, but maybe you can travel a distance and go to another hospital. I did this too when I hurt my ankle the last time, and then gave myself a hernia on crutches lifting the well leg. I didn't want to be flagged in the system so I visited another hospital. Ya do what ya have ta do...

~nelly~

Re: Kelly, hows the arm today? new
      #244370 - 02/06/06 08:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I just read your post and was wondering how you're doing??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#244809 - 02/07/06 02:47 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for thinking of me Michele. I've actually got some sort of soft-tissue injury so my arm is stuck in a sling and I just have to ice it and hope it gets better. Worst part, I'm not allowed to type, unless I do it one-handed, and that makes me more susciptible to tendonitis. So, for a few days I'll just be reading and trying not to type

#244936 - 02/08/06 08:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, that stinks but glad to hear its not broken! I won't expect a reply but know I'm thinking about you!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#244937 - 02/08/06 08:07 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Aw that's annoying! (I think I'd go mad if I couldn't type! lol)
Glad to hear it's not broken though. Get well soon! *hugs*

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1502 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 593

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review