All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Take a BIG breath, girl!! new
      #244059 - 02/03/06 09:20 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Remember that this time last year i had BAD IBS-mostly D, and BAD GERD, and now I have maybe one heartburn attack every month. It's nearly gone. My IBS is nearly a non issue too.

The scope is easy. I was OUT COLD for it. No clue as to what happened. Same went for DH.

And, try using maalox tablets. It honest to God worked better than Zantac for my GERD and never once caused D. And like I said, I'm basically cured of it now. This was all my gastro doc's advice.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Stephie... new
      #244124 - 02/04/06 10:12 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I had both the colonoscopy and endo in September. The did the colonoscopy first, and I remember bits and pieces of that, but by the time they started the endo, I was out. I don' think they keep you awake for en endo.

HTH
Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} new
      #244158 - 02/04/06 02:05 PM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

i just got over a sore throat and IBS D i felt alful but i'm sure you feel worse I"ll send my prayers to you to feel better{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

Stephie, I wish I knew what to tell you!!! new
      #244169 - 02/04/06 03:05 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Steph, I wish I knew what to say!

I'm so sorry that you suffer so needlessly. I wish there were a drug out there that was cost effective (not to mention effective & without undesirable side effects).

I tried Losec (big time D!!!) Ditto with Nexium. Both actually made me worse! Actually, Nexium gave me worse D by far, not to mention headaches. Plus there is information coming out that PPI's actually block nutrient absorption. Now, I just do it by (usually) 'smart' food choices as well Pepto &
Maalox kind of stuff as needed. Actually Nexium started giving me the heaves so maybe I was having an allergic reaction or something/side effect. Losec gave me the worst case of fluid retention/bloating--literally a belly! It made me look like a pregnant skeleton. It gave me tons of back pain, too.

So, I don't know what to say beyond EMPATHY & HUGS & I'm clueless, too.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Just back from doctor - need some advice new
      #244173 - 02/04/06 03:32 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Stephie,

I'm sorry that you are going through all of this. I really wish I had some great advice to give you. If it were me I would try the meds and see how it goes. Hopefully they will help you and not make things worse.

I'm sending good thoughts your way,

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 468 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3265

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review