All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Tommy new
      #243878 - 02/03/06 11:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Not Tommy, do you have a coverage card? If so, if there's a 1-800 number on it, call it with your info and they'll tell you what's covered. Or just look up their web site.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tommy new
      #243879 - 02/03/06 11:24 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

See if you contact your HR Rep. If that doesn't work, I remember yous aying that you had a Union Rep, see what she says. If you are paying tinto a plan, you're entitled to see that plan and see what is covered. I know with my company, I can access my presciption plan via a website provided by the insurance company...

Hope this helps...

--------------------

Re: Hi Shell new
      #243880 - 02/03/06 11:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK, so I guess Mom IS out! Dangit!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

That does help, thanks Tommy! -nt- new
      #243882 - 02/03/06 11:26 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Endoscopy & Acid Reflux new
      #243885 - 02/03/06 11:29 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hey Stephie,

Sorry to hear about the rough time you had at the doctors. If it makes you feel any better, I had the endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures done at the same time - and the endoscopy was a BREEZE! I too got what they referred to as 'sedated' (didn't feel like much sedation!) and pretty much cried in pain the whole time they did the colonoscopy. When they got to the endoscopy, I had calmed down and don't even remember much of it! I remember being worried more about the endoscopy since I had already had a sigmoidoscopy.

As for the reflux, the drugs do work. I take OTC Prilosec for mine, which thankfully works because I don't have any health insurance for prescriptions. My school doctor actually told me to try it because she knew I didn't have any coverage. Maybe you can work with your doctor to help you find a cheaper drug?

Good luck and hope this helps a little bit!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Just back from doctor - need some advice new
      #243893 - 02/03/06 11:42 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Steph,
Just wanted to say that I agree with others that you should at least try the med - that way you can tell the doc how it went and they can take that into consideration in planning further treatment - like deciding whether or not you really do need the endoscopy... I hope you're feeling better soon - both physically and emotionally - I know I always come in on overload when I finish a doctor appointment - it takes a bit to wrap your mind around all of it. Hope it helps to vent here and hope the meds really do help!
Min

Stephie -- insurance new
      #244019 - 02/03/06 04:50 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

With my insurance, my doctor was required to start out with a milder reflux med (prescription-strength Zantac, I believe? was what I started out with) before prescribing anything stronger. That might be why it's not covered for you. Just a thought.

My problems with D actually turned out to be from endo (I've been pretty much OK since my endo-covered appendix was removed), but when I was having bad D, I was on Prilosec (same thing as Losec) and it made it a lot worse. Not trying to freak you out, but just as a warning. I'm on Aciphex currently and it has never made my D any worse, and D is NOT listed as a common side-effect on the patient info thing (unlike the other PPIs I've tried).

If you're only trying the med for a little while, ask your doctor for samples. That's why my doctor did when we were going through all of the PPIs to find something that wouldn't cause me to spend another four hours in the bathroom every day. Who wants to spend a fortune for a month's supply of a med you can only take for three days?

I really hope you find something that helps. Good luck.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Stephie -- insurance new
      #244021 - 02/03/06 04:58 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Jen,

Thanks!
Yeah, I have been taking prescription strength zantac for over a month now and I haven't noticed ANY difference in my throat problems.
Well, I am not happy to hear that the losec made your D worse.. but I am glad you told me! I want to be prepared, so I can make plans around my bathroom habbits yet again!
I did fill the script, so I've got 2 weeks worth so I have 3 days next week where I plan to try them out.

I wish my doctor would spend that kind of time with me, trying different things. But I feel like they just roll their eyes when I come in, like, "What now?". It sucks.

If this one bothers me, I will ask about Acifex but chances are they won't listen. Every time I suggest something I've heard about, they say no and give me something else that doesn't work.

Are you in the US? I wonder if we get Acifex in Canada.. will look into this.

Thanks again,

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I'm in the US -- Aciphex is Pariet in Canada -nt- new
      #244032 - 02/03/06 05:46 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Stephie -- insurance new
      #244043 - 02/03/06 07:06 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I have GERD and a hiatal hernia. I was given losec when I was younger and I don't remember it giving me D but I had to stop taking it because it gave me bad headaches. I take Ranitidine now and it doesn't seem to bother my D at all.
Good Luck
Bethany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2605 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3265

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review