All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: I'm starting to feel like a hypochondriac new
      #244025 - 02/03/06 05:11 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I don't think you're a hypochondriac. For a few years it seemed like I had one thing after another and I started to feel the same way. I started asking myself if I was just making it up. In the last few years I've had to deal with IBS (of course), scoliosis, ovarian cysts, mononucleosis, several cases of bronchitis, several cases of severe flu (multiple times a year), dehydration, I found lumps in my breasts (benign!), my doctor threw in the possibility of oral herpes, menorhagia (sp?), all kinds of dental problems, chronic sore throats, chronic headaches, and it just goes on. I'm happy to say that the majority of these things have been taken care of and don't bother me anymore. But after about three years I just couldn't deal with it and trying to live life day to day. Everything just hurt too dang bad or I was mentally wiped out. And then I had people telling me I'm too young to have to deal with that many things things that close together. I started to wonder whether I was really having all these troubles or if it was in my head. Finally I gave up on everything. School, work, friends and family (except my husband) and just let it all fall out of my control. Then I started over. And it's a work in progress but I'm doing a whole heck of a lot better now.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#244036 - 02/03/06 06:11 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

I'm going thru the same thing right now. I actually went to a nautropath today and finally feel like there's some hope. They way she explained it is that all this crap is symptoms of a major internal issue. So, a different way of looking at all the issues. I lost my thyroid a year and a half ago (it was the size of a lime). The choking sucks. Honestly...not that bad. Also wanted to ask you about the low-oxolate diet (sp?). Can I have your email?

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#244120 - 02/04/06 09:45 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Ruchie,
No I don't have Raynauds.Sometimes my toes turn a light blue. I've had cold hands and feet for so many years. Mine is really bad from say Oct-April or May.
My family won't let me touch them with my cold hands. The person I know that has it used to wear white clothes to keep her hands warm, does your Mom have to do this? All of this could be related to your Thyroid tho. I've had mine checked and it comes back fine. Ruchie I don't know how you do it( being so kind to others) when you have so many things going on with you. God Bless you and take care..

Terry

#244123 - 02/04/06 09:54 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Nelly,

I had no idea that cold hands and feet were common with fibro? I asked a past Dr. of mine about fibro but he did not want to check into that for me. I'm going to start looking for a Dr. that could tell me whether I have fibro. or not. Does numbness and tingling go along with fibro. as well? Not to mention all of the aches and pains.
As i sit here now I am freezing and its like 69 degrees in my house.

Terry

List of fibro symptoms new
      #244133 - 02/04/06 11:00 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

This site: http://neurologychannel.com/fibromyalgia/ lists numbness and tingling sensations as fibro symptoms as well.

The best list of other symptoms I've found is here . I printed out and checked off most of the 60+ symptoms listed and brought it to my doctor. He didn't doubt me for a minute-- I guess it's pretty obvious I have it when all of those random symptoms come together.

Hope this helps! It took me a year to drag myself in to get tested, and I've waited way too long to start feeling better.

~nelly~

Ruchie new
      #244174 - 02/04/06 03:38 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I do not think you are a hypochondriac. You have legimate health issues. I know how you feel though. As far as hubby goes that is men for ya. I think when we are sick it makes them feel insecure. If we are sick we can't take of them.

You have a lot to deal with right now. Try to take things one at a time and try not to think about the future. It can be overwhelming to think what is going to happen in the future. I think if you deal with each thing day by day it will be easier to cope with what is going on in your life and the changes that are happening.

As always I will keep you in my prayers. Lots of hugs and love,

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2066 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review