All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I am so psyched - my house is ORGANIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #242381 - 01/28/06 02:18 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

This week my inlaws have been here helping as I recover. Mom has helped with the kids and laundry and various things. Dad has been around for that stuff too, but he's been my personal "handy man" this week and I am SOOOOOOO thrilled!!!! Our pantry only came with a couple shelves - it is now lined from floor to ceiling on 2 walls with shelves, I have more room for things than you can imagine. The kids now have a medicine cabinet in their bathroom so their bathroom stays neat from toothbrushes, etc (it came with only a flat mirror). Our GARAGE is now organzized with coat and shoe racks mounted on the wall and all the big items like strollers and scooters and chairs, etc, hanging on big hooks, everything is up out of the floor and NEAT, my school room is now organzied with shelves and plastic containers... I swear if surgery wasn't so awful I told them I'd have to sign up for more operations because I can't beleive how much has gotten done around here this week! I'm so thrilled - I thrive on organization but I never have time to get things that way, now that the infrastructure is set up I will LOVE keeping it this way though!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am so psyched - my house is ORGANIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #242390 - 01/28/06 02:45 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Can they come do my closet???

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

That's awesome! new
      #242554 - 01/29/06 02:34 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

What a difference it makes in your mood, eh? I super-organize about once a month. i often go through and toss stuff out, and it feels great to be so tidy, if only for a while! The more kids, the more mess, too, eh? Kayleigh's toy stash is overrunning our house! Yuck!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yay....I love having an organized home! new
      #242556 - 01/29/06 02:45 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Things are getting very busy in our home and just this weekend I have made chicekn spaghetti and lasagna in "family of four" freezer portions and also cooked and cubed 6 lbs of chicken for soups and casseroles and such. It makes a world of difference for me!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Do they make house calls? new
      #242614 - 01/29/06 07:22 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I could use some help in that department myself!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#242678 - 01/30/06 08:06 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am such a freak when it comes to organizing! I love to have things organized and this weekend I did that with my scrapbooking things and our spare bedroom. I think it is a control thing. When I don't feel in control of my life (like now) I get gratification from organizing or cleaning things. OY! My husband hates this because i get on a kick and he jokes that if he didn't watch out I would toss him out in the midst of my cleaning spree!! I guess if he made me mad enough I might!!

#242683 - 01/30/06 08:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Doesn't a clean and organized house do wonders for your mood?? My house was out of control. Will has kept it "picked up" through the last 6 months or so when I've been having all my "problems." But, there is a difference between "picked up" and really cleaned and organized! I spent 9 hours cleaning and organizing just three rooms this Saturday! I couldn't move all day Sunday as I paid for my over doing it but it felt so good to have it done! Hopefully, I'll be recovered enough by next weekend to do the other three rooms!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pictures for my fellow organization nuts!!!!!! new
      #242714 - 01/30/06 09:53 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Only folks like us would understand the JOY that motivates us to even take PICTURES of it all!

My new garage, as you come into the house:

Another wall of the garage, kids can actually get to their bikes! And on the other side... the van actually fits in now.

And my pantry - it only had 2 shelves before. Also this shoe storage bag on the back of the door is great for spices and small items, got that idea off a show or something:

The school room, this cabinet is now organized and the containers all labelled, more containers inside with smaller drawers also labelled... aaahhh....

Here's more of the school room (futon also doubles it as a guest room when grandparents come)

And one section of the toy room... it's actually not picked up right now but you get the idea... it's so easy for the kids to clean up after themselves now! I'm in heaven...

I know I'm a dork for sharing all these pictures but you guys understand!!!!!!!!!!!! I spend most of my time here... it's gotta be a place I can feel SANE... aaahh, I love it... I also have boxes and bags to donate for OTHERS to use and to get the clutter OUT.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Ahhhh, when are they leaving your place? new
      #242723 - 01/30/06 10:06 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Could they swing by my new house and help me get organized? I'm like you, I like to have everything in its place. I know you are excited to have things so organized. What great in-laws you have!!!!

Send them my way please!

Oh wow! new
      #242729 - 01/30/06 10:14 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

That's exactly what I need!!!! It looks amazing. Seriously, I would pay someone to do that for me!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review