All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
It was very scary new
      #242193 - 01/27/06 04:28 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Even after they got her chest pain and heart rate stabilized, she was so pale and weak laying in this big hospital bed. And I could see every breath she took because they seemed to be such work for her.

The good news is after 3 days worth of antibiotics she is up and around and wants to get back to playing full force. She is at this moment really angry with me b/c I won't let her run and play with her sister. But she needs to rest and every so often if she breathes real deep, coughs, laughs, or bends over she has a shot of pain. Just a reminder that she still needs recovery time.

I hope she doesn't get any tummy problems from this. The doc did say the zithrotrimicin (sp?) is really hard on the tummy. Thank you so much for your well wishes and concern.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh my, Tissy!! new
      #242194 - 01/27/06 04:30 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

That sounds absolutely terrifying!! My gosh, I would have been just beside myself with worry... it sounds like you handled it really well!
I am so glad that your daughter is back at home home, and seems to be on the road to recovery.

Let us know how she is doing, I'll be watching for updates and sending good thoughts your way.

**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: AMEN!!! new
      #242198 - 01/27/06 04:36 PM
Tissy

That is just how I felt!! I thought she was having a heart attack right in front of me. And so did the doc at the E.R. until he did the EKG. He said it is rare but children sometimes get an infection around their heart from colds that present like symptoms of a heart attack, but thank God she didn't have that. The pneumonia was scary enough.

Thank for your prayers they are very much appreciated. I would not have made it through this without prayers and the wonderful doctors the Lord sent to help us. The doctors were absolutely wonderful with addressing my concerns and calming me down.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: Oh my, Tissy!! new
      #242200 - 01/27/06 04:40 PM
Tissy

Thanks Stephie!!

She has a follow up on Tuesday afternoon at her pediatrician. Hopefully she will be all better by then, or at least almost all better.

I am sending good thoughts your way as well. I read you post earlier and I really hope things start looking up for you real soon. (((((HUGS))) to you.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Thanks Natalie! -nt- new
      #242202 - 01/27/06 04:41 PM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

Thank you, it is really good to have her back home! -nt new
      #242205 - 01/27/06 04:44 PM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

Being a parent is no easy task.. new
      #242208 - 01/27/06 04:48 PM
Tissy

I take for granted that my children are generally healthy besides bouts of the common cold. And they are really well behaved children too. But when i get tired and achey I tend to snap at them. And this experience has put all in to perspective for me. I am grateful for their health and behaviour and will think twice about getting irritated with them just b/c I don't feel well.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Thank you Ashley, Beth, Michelle, and Tommy! -nt new
      #242209 - 01/27/06 04:51 PM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

What a scare!...... new
      #242211 - 01/27/06 04:59 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Oh My, Tissy.

How horrible that ordeal must have been for you. It is very hard being a parent and even a grandparent as I am.
It makes you want to give them lots more hugs, doesn't it?

I certainly hope that she recovers very very soon and will be back to playing with her toys and laughing again.

Barbie

--------------------

Barbie new
      #242219 - 01/27/06 05:14 PM
Tissy

It makes every moment more precious. I have never kissed and hugged her as much as I have for the past 3 days. And I said poohey on my own aches and pains and crawled into the hospital bed with her at her request and watched her sleep snuggled up against me for the small amount of time that she rested during the night. And my heart broke with the insertion of the IV (she has really small veins and they had trouble getting it in) as she looked at me like how could you let them hurt me like this.

Okay now I am going to start bawling again just picturing the expression on her face everytime they poked or prodded her. I felt so helpless to ease her pain through the whole ordeal.

And my mom came to the hospital for moral support and to see her grandbaby. And I know it hurt her to see her daughter distraught and her granddaughter in pain. So I know you grandmothers suffer as well when your grandchildren are sick.

Thank you for your well wishes!:)

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review