All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: I feel like asking y'all a question.... new
      #238649 - 01/15/06 09:36 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

*when people curse a lot out in public
*really aggressive drivers who speed up to get in front of you just in time to reach a stop sign or stop light
*solicitors in any variety
*calling to cancel something and having to deal with a "customer retention" representitive

I know I have more, but this is all I can think of right now.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes, could be controversial..... new
      #238651 - 01/15/06 09:45 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I only have a few I think:

Parent's who let their kids ride in the back of the shopping cart, standing up! (this is simply cause my son fell out of one when he was three and nearly killed himself)
I cringe when I see it. I just wanna tell the parent's to put them in the darn seat!

This could open up a book of worms but another pet peeve I have is homeschooling! Now for everyone that homeschools please don't be offended. I think the only people who have a right to home school are x-teachers who have a college degree in teaching OR someone like Michelle who have a child with autism or such who feel they are more comfortable in a home setting. BUT the parents who simply want to shield their children from the atmosphere of other kids in a school for fear they might rub off bad things on them is just wrong. Again, just my opinion.

Overly heavy woman who wear bikinis! Oh and the fad where you see your thong coming out of the top of your pants!

People who buy dogs and put them out in dog houses(with the exception of people who use their dog for hunting purposes. I understand they need to be out due to the "scent" thing.
But the ones who buy them for a pet and keep them outside, makes me sad!

And last but not least, people without children who judge parents on raising their kids. My sister was real big on this until recently she had a child. It all came back to bite her in the butt. She's now dealing with a 2year old toddler BTW: I have a 7 year old and a 11 year old and was just complimented by a waitress Friday night about how well behaved my boys were at a dinner for my Pop-Pop with 17 people. We ordered at 7:30pm and didn't eat till around 8 and that's tough for kids to have to deal with.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Good one! new
      #238652 - 01/15/06 09:48 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

*people who tell me how lucky I am that I'm so thin!!!

I HATE THAT TOO! or the one "are you anorexic?!?!"

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#238676 - 01/15/06 11:23 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

pet peeves of mine include:

* people who are intollerant of other people's ways of life, and feel the need to TELL them that... be it about religion, politics, sexuality, etc.

* blatant sexism, racism, homophobia/heterosexism, classism....etc... in public places where it REALLY should not be acceptable, like schools, on TV, etc.

* profs who think that, because they have a PhD, they know everything and are a million times better than you and therefore have the right to tell you whatever they want, without argument... grrr... and profs who think that "interdisciplinary" is a bad word (usually, these two go hand in hand)

* bad grammar

* when you can hear the saliva in the mouths of newscasters or other people on TV or the radio

* and the "wow you're so lucky to be so thin!" one REALLY gets me too... my grandmother says that to me everytime she sees me. sheesh, talk about perpetuating negative body image stereotypes...

#238693 - 01/15/06 01:18 PM
EvilCats

Reged: 02/24/05

Great thread! Here are a few things that I find annoying:

+ Parents who always blame other people's kids, but never their own

+ When people without IBS try to give me advice on how to cure my problem (e.g. "Well, just eat a little bit of cheese every day and train your body to get used to it.")

+ Teenage kids who try to act 'gangsta'.

+ People who talk about the same FREAKING THING, LIKE, ALL THE TIME! (Actually, I have to admit that I'm guilty of this one.)

Best wishes,
EvilCats

#238826 - 01/16/06 08:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

People who like to give advice about fertility and miscarriages and have NO CLUE what they are saying is just plain wrong, or even worse, hurtful! I guess that falls under the realm of people talking about things they know nothing about! If I hear one more time, just relax and it'll happen, I can't be responsible for my actions!

Judgemental people-be it about religion, sexuality, politics, whatever-we were all made different. If we weren't all different, it would be a very boring world!

I hate it when people think because they are from a good family or money or whatever, that they deserve to be treated better. I work for an optometrist, very rarely do we have emergencies. I hate it when people call and I tell them I don't have an appt until 3 days from now and they came back with "well, don't you know who I am??" It makes me SO angry!!! I don't care if you are the Pope himself, am I supposed to call someone else and cancel there appt because you think you are more deserving???? Its not like I work in a dr's office where some people are sicker than others, its just a case of they think they are better and shouldn't have to wait!

It really bugs me when I let someone out into traffic and they don't give the thank you wave!

It bugs me when people come into my office to buy glasses and I see them pull up in a Mercedes, wearing a fur coat and dripping in diamonds and try to bicker about the price of things!!! If someone truly doesn't have money for glasses and needs them, I'm the first to help out but when you have more money then the dr I work for and are giving me a hard time about the price, I'm likely to charge you more just for being stingy and a pain in the butt!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I think I probably have more than I'd like to admit new
      #238980 - 01/16/06 04:05 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hee hee. If I started to list off *everything* that gets under my skin, we'd be here for DAYS!! But here are a few...

1) Mum's who drag their young children by the arm in shopping malls/along the street/whatever. I have almost said something to two different women who were obviously hurting their children. We know someone who did that to his daughter and dislocated her shoulder. Grrrrrr.

2) *EVERYTHING* (pretty much) involved in taking public transportation to and from work every day at rush hour. Which I do. And am well grumpy at the end of each journey. "No, I wouldn't like your elbow in my face or your face in my boob or you hand on my butt, so please move along!"

3) Any repetative noises that are unnecessary. Very distracting. Drives me crazy.

4) Places where you have to pay to use the potty (yeah, I'm talking about you Victoria train station! )

5) "All about me" people. Example: A friend of mine's sister is going through a lot of problems at the moment, and has been very unstable emotionally and people who don't offer support or advice, but just ramble on, "Well, when *I* was like that..." when chances are, they never were and are just attention-seeking, melodramatic immature people! (Er, that one is a recent one that has been irking me).

6) People who interrupt other people because they think what they have to say is more important.

7) Velour track suits

8) Anything with "hello kitty" on it

9) All the pushy-about-anything people bothers me too.

10) People who nag

11) Covers of awesome songs, ruined by no-talent copy cats!

Okay, I had better stop before I get rolling even more! Hee hee.

**hugs for everyone, as hugs are NOT one of my pet peeves*

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

YES! new
      #238987 - 01/16/06 04:19 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I hate slow drivers! Tailgaters and slow drivers make me NUTS!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh, you're going DOWN chica!! new
      #238988 - 01/16/06 04:21 PM
_Willow

Them's fighting words!(oh, another one I can't stand is improper English!)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ha! Ashley, if he could see you now! new
      #238989 - 01/16/06 04:23 PM
_Willow

Oh, you are certainly not deep, LOL! i had a jerk bf like that back in the day. Thank God we broke up!

PS_ did you go into teaching at all or are you just doing an ed psych degree, or did you go a BA psych route? I want to everntually get my M.Ed and be a counsellor/child psychologist, but teaching is lots of fun right now.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1359 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12006

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review