All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: nerve pain/compression? sheesh... (aka my night in the hospital) ugh. new
      #238629 - 01/15/06 07:36 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Is it hurting near your pelvis? I know you mentioned incontenece a while back (I have it too ) and I found out I hav something called Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. Your pelvis can spasm out of nowhere and it feels like someone is punching you and stabbing you and it is SOOOO painful! I'm wondering has this happened before? Did you see a urologist for the incontenence?

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry you are goin through so much Michelle!!! *hugs* Sending you tons of love, hugs, more love, and prayers!!

I love you!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh, Poor you! new
      #238630 - 01/15/06 07:36 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Don't you just hate hospitals...and pain!

Sorry you had to go through this, Michelle. I don't know anything about the compressed nerve, but hopefully when you have your surgery for your hernia, that will take care of the nerve pain.

I agree...Reglan is horrid! I tried taking that once and had the same reaction as you.

On a positive note, may I say your husband is a sweetheart. And you can tell, it came straight from his heart.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#238796 - 01/16/06 06:03 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Sounds very much like your sciatia(spelling) nerve is pinched. Most of the pain from usually goes from your butt down your leg
and grabs a hold of you and does not let go.If you can use ibroprofen try that and a heating pad sometimes helps. I can also make your feet, hands numb.I know as hard as this may be but if you can walk around alot that may help as well.
Good Luck
Terry

#238814 - 01/16/06 07:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm sorry Michelle, that sounds very painful. I don't have any personal experience with anything like this so I'm afraid I have no advice. However, I do second the person who mentioned the chiropractor! It may not solve your problem but it sure makes me feel better! Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

BL new
      #238920 - 01/16/06 12:31 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Thank you for the good wishes!

My husband and I went out for a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant that we can't afford to eat at often! Then we went to Starbucks for coffee...

The kids were at my friends house for the evening, it was nice to come home and have the house to ourselves...none of the "take your bath", get clothes ready for church and all that stuff.

We are planning a trip to San Francisco...Hawaii...or some place in the summer. We are waiting for good weather months!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Does anyone know... new
      #239357 - 01/18/06 07:47 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How long you have to be in the hospital after hernia surgery? I pray Michelle's surgery went well and that we will hear from her soon.

Thinking of you Michelle.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1993

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review