All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New here...
      #238251 - 01/13/06 10:32 AM
Sleepytime

Reged: 01/13/06
Loc: Elgin, IL

Just recently diagnosed with IBS-C after years of drinking coffee for breakfast and knowing it couldn't be good for me. I found this forum and have found much information that is both useful and friendly; so I decided to join the forum and perhaps contribute in some way.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Glad to have ya, welcome... new
      #238265 - 01/13/06 11:06 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey Sleepytime,
I'm also a IBS-C. How are ya doin? are you stable? These boards are great to get help & give help, so feel free to chime in anytime!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: Glad to have ya, welcome... new
      #238278 - 01/13/06 11:48 AM
Sleepytime

Reged: 01/13/06
Loc: Elgin, IL

Hi, I'm feeling fine except for the coffee detox. It's day 3 without any coffee and my head is a bit hazy. I think I'll go out for a walk soon. We've had a steady snowfall here and I do love to hike in the snow. I have a few questions but not sure if this is the right forum. Basically, it's the warm (almost fever-like) symptoms I'm having after I eat or do anything strenuous. For example, I took a hike yesterday to the grocery store, about one mile round trip, and after I got home I felt the fever-like chills with my head being very warm. But I did not have a fever. Not sure what's going on. Also, I'm wonder if the stuff my doctor is giving me is okay. I have a prescription for Zalnorm and a powdery stuff called Kristalose. I would probably guess that most people here are getting good results with their problems by changing their diet and not the meds. I decided to go with the doctor's advice first, maybe try it for a month. However I am following the diet recommendations of this web site and cannot see how the two approches conflict.

Re: My GI put me on the same meds... new
      #238828 - 01/16/06 08:23 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Zelnorm & Kristalose. I recomend trying to do w/out the Zelnorm, it's harsh.If you do decide to go with it, you might want to try it for a week say, & then try to go every other day for a week, so you don't get dependent on it. I've not yet tried the Kristalose yet, but my mom's on it. I believe she takes it 3x a day, but she is on it for her liver problems. I know it makes her "go". Good job on getting away from the coffee, I know it's tough. Not sure what to say about the fever-like symptoms. Did you tell your doc? If your constipated, it may have to do with that. I remember waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. I think my body was trying to get rid of toxins.Keep up with the diet & plenty of water!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Welcome! new
      #239020 - 01/16/06 05:44 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I ahve to say, coffee is 90% of my IBS trigger. Once I cut it out, iahve an attack, well, either only when I ahve coffee(which is rarely) or when I have major stress and anxiety in my life(which is less rare but controllable!)

This place has made me feel normal. I'm prone to C but my attacks are usually D. Welcome to the pooper family!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Welcome! new
      #239021 - 01/16/06 05:44 PM
_Willow

I ahve to say, coffee is 90% of my IBS trigger. Once I cut it out, i have an attack, well, either only when I ahve coffee(which is rarely) or when I have major stress and anxiety in my life(which is less rare but controllable!)

This place has made me feel normal. I'm prone to C but my attacks are usually D. Welcome to the pooper family!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I get those symptoms too lately.. new
      #239022 - 01/16/06 05:48 PM
_Willow

my whole face gets hot, and almost itchy, and then I feel weird. I'm wondering if it's a hormone imbalance. My hands and feet have been getting super cold lately too.

Yep, I'm getting the thyroid checked.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: New here... new
      #239262 - 01/17/06 03:57 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Welcome! I did the same thing for years except with milk. I'd have cereal w/milk every morning and then have an attack of D until I realized it was milk doing it. Now I wait to eat at work and I usually have some type of Bagel with just bit of butter. Seems to be working pretty good.

Hope you get lots of advice from the boards. I know I did!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: New here... new
      #239268 - 01/17/06 04:06 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

Hi Sleepytime!!!

Welcome! You have found the right place for anyone with IBS. I, too, am recently diagnosed. You will find a wealth of support here and many friends who know exactly how you feel.

Have you checked out the recipe board yet? Good food that will help. What surprised me is that others share the way that they substitute things and helps me to feel comfortable trying it. I am in no way a good chef or anything.

I am glad to meet you and see ya on the boards.

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1477 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 985

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review