All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Ladies! Come one, come all, and see my latest purchase...
      #237727 - 01/11/06 04:39 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

I'm proud to say I'm now a Diva Cup owner!

For those of you who haven't see a Diva Cup, click here to see what it's about.

Not only is it really cool, I've never felt so in touch with myself! It's economical, reusible, reliable, and very cool to use.

I've never talked about it on here, but I'm part of a group called Eve's Red Apples, started by myself and two friends. We started it to promote awareness and to educated women on menstrual health, and the dangers of the common sanitary products sold on the market today. We're three students with conflicting schedules, so it's hard, but we've started a little website that I've been working on slowly but surely.
(click here to visit it).

Just thought I'd share my new purchase. I'm wearing it right now, and it is so very cool!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I LOVE mine! new
      #237756 - 01/11/06 05:37 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I honestly can't say enough how much I LOVE my Diva Cup!

I've been using it for about 2 years now and, seriously, just ask all the women (and men! lol) in my life - they all know how wonderful it is, haha

It's clean, easy, and I've saved soooo much money not having to buy pads and tampons! I can put it in in the morning and not have to worry about it all day until I get home from school. Not even to mention the health benefits of not sticking bleached cotton into me!

Phew! Anyway, I like. Can you tell? hehe.

Ravendark - this project you're a part of is FABULOUS! Good for you! After hearing 'rumours' about the dangers of tampons and such I used my university's resources and did a bunch of research - SCARY STUFF. I bought my diva cup online the very next day. I wish you the best of luck with Eve's Red Apples. I just love projects like that

You're in Canada, right? I don't think we live anywhere near each other (I'm in London) but let me know if I can be of any help over the net! I'm always looking for fledgling feminist projects to help out

Re: I LOVE mine! new
      #237833 - 01/12/06 03:48 AM
Ravenndark

Hehe! Somehow I knew you'd respond to this! I'm in love with my Diva Cup as well, and it's my first time using it. SO easy to use. Have you read Whitewash? It's a scary book for sure! It's all about the industry and what they do to those stupid tampons/pads. I can't believe I used to use those things.

So far we have all the help we need, but I'll totally drop you a line if things get out of hand...which we're hoping is going to happen after we attend a few conventions. It's so hard for us to sit down and work, we just start talking about the industry and our ideas and nothing ever gets done! Well, we ARE three females...

AWESOME! new
      #237834 - 01/12/06 04:12 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Go you! I don't use the Diva Cup, personally, but I'm all about Lunapads. Like my friend Ang put it when she first got hers, "They're like a cloud for my cookie!!" Tee hee. (Plus, of course, they're SO much better for you and the environment than those disposable things.)

And that is just so, so awesome about the group you started. Very cool. I wish such a thing had been around when I was your age... "menstrual health" was just not something that was ever mentioned or discussed in my family - or even in school health classes. Anyway, good luck with it!

So cool! new
      #237850 - 01/12/06 04:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm not having proper Eve's Red Apples (hehe...so cool too! ) atm due to b/c but when I do I will DEFINITELY get me one of those. I hate tampons....the whole drying thing is soooo painful. And yes....yuck!

You are a VERY cool woman! Yay feminists.

Re: So cool! new
      #237932 - 01/12/06 08:56 AM
Ravenndark

Why thank you! I'm not an extreme feminist (though I do yell at the Boy for doing too many things for me), I am really proud to say that I am one.

My friends and I are very quirky about it as well...I made a pro-homosexuality shirt during the summer (a pair of each male and female symbols were linked together like rings), but my friend Mal has a shirt that reads:

"I love my menstrual blood"

Yes, we're a little out there

#237949 - 01/12/06 09:29 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I've wonder about these cups before. I have very light periods and tampons dry me out to much and I hate the wet feeling I get from pads. Can you buy them in stores or just on line?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#237958 - 01/12/06 09:45 AM
Ravenndark

They have a store locator on their website. I got mine at the local HFS. The funny thing is...they are ALWAYS $50 (at least in Canada). It doesn't matter if you buy it online or in any store, it comes to $50.10.

I think they have a policy or something, because my friends and I find it quite funny.

Re: Ladies! Come one, come all, and see my latest purchase... new
      #237997 - 01/12/06 12:04 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

okay, i am officially inspired! i've been hearing about these for a while, but i might have to finally try one for myself. $50 seems like a lot, and i think i remember seeing a cup somewhere for less, but tampons sure add up.

do you guys who use the diva cup have any reservations at all? is there anything about it you don't love?

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: Ladies! Come one, come all, and see my latest purchase... new
      #238033 - 01/12/06 02:57 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Isabel, I've heard of a similar product called "The Keeper". While it's definitely way safer than using bleached pads and tampons, I think I'd get grossed out pulling it out of me and changing it.

Tell me it's not as bad as it sounds.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2290 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3501

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review