All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Dr. Offices bug me.....
      #237281 - 01/10/06 02:22 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ok so I posted a few days ago that all my tests from my OB came back normal. Well I never actually talked to my OB just the nurse on the phone who made me wait a day until the doctor could read the results. Ok I understand that. Well I get home today and there is a message saying "Hi Angela, it is Dr... office calling. We have your test results in and the Dr. would like to talk to you about them. Please call us tomorrow." What h$ll does that mean?? Does it mean she wants to tell me everything is ok in person? We have a pretty close relationship as far as Dr/patient is concerned. If it that is the case why did they wait until today which I talked to them last Thursday to call me???? I am so frustrated and of course I get the message when they are closed!!

So now I have to wait until tomorrow to call. If the results aren't all ok some nurse is going to get quite a tongue lashing from me. I am hoping I am overreacting here but damn can't I go a few days without having to worry about something with someone's health in my family!!

Sorry guys just needed to vent and need some comfort.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ugh! new
      #237295 - 01/10/06 02:37 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I would be upset too!! I wonder if maybe not ALL the tests came in when you talked to the nurse last week? I'll be waiting for an update tomorrow to see what they say! Hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Dr. Offices bug me..... new
      #237298 - 01/10/06 02:51 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Usually a nurse has to have the Dr read over the results before she reads them to you. She/He can not give you results without the docs consent. I used to work for a Dr and she had to approve and give us the ok to give pts results if everything was normal, but if it was abnormal the Dr would do it herself. I am sure nothing is wrong and maybe she just wants to tell you herself. Keep us posted.

Re: Dr. Offices bug me..... new
      #237300 - 01/10/06 02:54 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Angela,
I've had doctor's offices do this to me too and I agree - it sucks! In the case of my HMO the doctors will call to talk with you if there is anything substantive to tell you from your tests - like any follow-up actions of appointments you need to make or if there are results indicative that there should be follow-up. Weahter that's good or bad news depends on the tests I suppose - and on the recommended follow-up...
I hope everything's okay though, and find something to occupy your mind until you can make the call so you don't end up stewing over it - I know I've done that before and it doesn't help. Last time I had to wait for test results I baked two batches of cookies and a loaf of bread - at least it was productive!

Let us know how things go Angela!

Min

Angela new
      #237315 - 01/10/06 03:19 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That's terrible! I can't believe they'd leave you a message like that. Now you have no choice but to worry about what she meant.

Do you want me to go over there and hit her over the head? I'm not normally a violent person, but this makes me so mad. Doctors' offices can be so insensitive!

I'm sure it's no big deal, but they shouldn't worry patients like that. Let us know what they say tomorrow.

Update.... new
      #237502 - 01/11/06 07:15 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Well I called this morning and talked to the same nurse who told me everything was fine last week. She said that she never said all the tests were in. Bullsh$! I asked her. The doctor wants to see me because I tested positive for MTHFR factor. I don't know much about it but what I read sounds like it is a clotting disorde. I don't know what I will have to do for it but I am going tomorrow at 11:15 to see the doctor. I am so mad at that nurse for making me believe that all the tests have come back. I am just so down right now and worried.

*HUG* it will work out and this sounds like it may explain what happened! new
      #237507 - 01/11/06 07:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

Make sure you tell the doctor what happened- I had this issue and a nurse got fired back when I was having the scans of my head for the irregularity in my pituitary gland becuase she told me it was in my brain and freaked me out and made my IBS act up!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Update.... new
      #237508 - 01/11/06 07:38 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Angela, I don't blame you for being angry. That is not right! I'm sorry they have scared you to death. I'm not familiar with that condition, but I hope it's nothing really serious. I know you are anxious to talk to the doctor. At least they didn't make you wait weeks to get in to see him!

You have had a lot on your plate this past year. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Big hug!

Re: Update.... new
      #237511 - 01/11/06 07:50 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sweetie, the nurse should be shot! I understand how upset you are, I would be too. However, the MTHFR IS treatable!!!! Its been a while since I researched that one because its been ruled out in me but I remember it wasn't one of the more serious things. So, as upset and frustrating and scary as this all is, its actually not bad news at all! They found a reason for your losses, I know that doesn't make them any easier but it does mean that they can "fix" it and you should be able to have another baby!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

How awful!! new
      #237515 - 01/11/06 07:53 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Clearly you know what you said to the nurse, it's not the kind of thing you make a mistake about, we're talking about your healthy here!! If I were you, when I saw the doctor I'd mention that for sure. He needs to know how his nurses are treating people.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1191 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review