All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Anyone have any strange addictions?!?
      #237217 - 01/10/06 11:59 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I do! I do!

I am 100% full-on addicted to chapstick. and I hate it. Anyways, I'm not addicted to any old chapstick. I'm addicted to Bonne Bell chapstick and Bonne Belle only. So yes, I am the 24 year old walking around with the electric green and hot pink chapstick tubes that smell like bubble gum and lemonaide, like all the kindergarten girls. (The addiction started in 9th grade, so I have an excuse). I've tried to substitute the bonne bell for chapstick brand chapstick, or other brands, but each kind doesn't suffice and my lips start burning and I start tweaking out wanting nothing but a tube of bonne bell.

Anyways, I hate it. I want to quit so bad, but I have visions of quitting chapstick that include being strapped into my bed for a few days with sores developing all over my lips because for the last 10 years of my life, Bonne Bell has been readily available and applied at least 15 times a day.

Anyways, my cups are always sticky, 1/2 though a half hour make out session i'm thinking, damn I could use some chapstick right now, and my mom thinks that my IBS is really a result of accidently eating and swallowing all that chapstick throughout my life (when I eat, drink, sleep etc).

Anyone have any other weird addictions... or better yet, and cures for chapstick addiction that don't remind me of the kinda treatment they'd give a heroine addict?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Cure: Carmex or Blistex! new
      #237218 - 01/10/06 12:08 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

My addiction to herbal tea doesn't count!

Re: Anyone have any strange addictions?!? new
      #237221 - 01/10/06 12:18 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hmm strange addictions.... I can't think of any. Oh WAIT! Yes! I love to chomp on ice!! Its drives Mrs. TommyNY crazy! I can't help it though. If it is in my glass, after I finish drinking my drink, I absolutely HAVE to chomp on the ice! I have done it since I was a little kid! I NEED HELP!!! AHHH!

--------------------

#237222 - 01/10/06 12:19 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i'm in the same boat! it's not as specific for me - i just always need some sort of lip gloss/balm on at all times - but during the day it's always cover girl lip slicks - they're colored gloss that comes in a tube like chapstick. i mean, my lips are super-soft, but it's almost crippling. and for some reason, lip gloss doesn't wash off my glasses in the dishwasher, so they all have this pink tint around the rim. hot, right?

i used to have chapped lips as a kid, so my mom told me to put vaseline on ever night before bed. that turned into chapstick/blistex during the day, too. i'm almost as hooked on hand lotion, too. a slave to moisturization!

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: ME TOO!! new
      #237225 - 01/10/06 12:23 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I'm addicted to Chapstick too!!! I think I started using it one winter & then my lips got dependent on it. If I don't have it for a couple hours , I go nuts!! I don't have to have Chapstick brand, but i do prefer it, but I need to have some on me at ALL times!! One of my friend is also addicted to Chapstick, so no, you're not the only one! Don't know anyway to break the terrible cycle either!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#237226 - 01/10/06 12:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

YES.... chap stick... I MUST have it on before and after I work out and before bed (Shane like the Jelly Belly flavored one that Jennifer Rose gave me)....hehehe I also put it on before I eat spicy food... I think it prevents me from licking my lips (that way they don't burn) YES I'm a NUT!! LOL

And I use Instant hand sanitizer ALL the time.... I have one in my office, car, purse, gym bag, bedroom...

Oh, one more thing...every morning when I get ready for work. I have to wash my hands with soap, dry them, put on my hand lotion, and then use another towel to pat them dry before putting my ring, watch, & other jewlery on.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (01/10/06 02:27 PM)

#237228 - 01/10/06 12:25 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I use a lot of lip moisturizers too, so no advice on how to break that habit.

My addiction is knee-hi socks. Does this count? I've always, always loved them. Whenever I see them - especially colorful ones - I have to buy them. They're so comfortable and keep my legs warm! I probably have over 30 pairs right now; for me, that's a lot of one thing to have. I recently took a pic (sorry, it's not a very good one - camera phone ) of some of them.

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/10/06 05:24 PM)

I cant' stop picking skin off my fingers new
      #237231 - 01/10/06 12:29 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Not finger nails - finger SKIN - they bleed and it's very disgusting but I don't even know I'm doing it, look down and I'm bleeding. Only thing that has worked is to wear gloves or keep so much lotion on that it is impossible to pick. Neither is very practical long term so here I am still in same boat.

I'd say if worse you ever are addicted to is chap stick you'll be okay. Kind of cute!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

oh man I WISH I could use anything... new
      #237232 - 01/10/06 12:30 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I would love to be able to use different lip glosses, or something with color, but my lips freak out if its anything but bonne bell. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I have a cute tube of that menthol tinted lip gloss/chapstick thingy from bath and body works that I bought to try out, hoping my lips would accept it.. but nope. I'm not giving up hope though haha..

but I know what you all mean about always having it on you. I've never left the house without chapstick in over 7 years.

--------------------

snorkie... new
      #237233 - 01/10/06 12:31 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

how does carmex or blistex cure.. I could use some serious help here.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 866 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 38475

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review