All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
I'm very guilty of that, esp. when I'm nervous or bored. Totally not aware of it. Owwie! -nt- new
      #237442 - 01/10/06 08:43 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone have any strange addictions?!? new
      #237453 - 01/10/06 09:51 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

i'm a blistex man. if i don't use it in the winter my lips look like betty boop's. As fer werid addictions, after hunting or hiking i can not eat until the dog has been fed and kenneled and my side arm has been cleaned and put away.

My daughter hates knee socks...I think she is abnormal!~nt~ new
      #237474 - 01/11/06 05:38 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

And it's very sexy, I might add..... new
      #237480 - 01/11/06 05:59 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

to have globs of Vicks VapoRub under your nose and to be smelling like a eculyptus tree! Ha!

The other night, when I got ready for bed, I obviously put too much under my nose. My husband took one look at me and handed me a Kleenex. He said, "You have something hanging out of your nose!" He thought it was a big booger, since we've both had colds lately. I said, "Ahhh, that's just my Vick's!" I went to the mirror and looked, and yep, that's what it was---a big glob of Vick's.

Now, if I haven't grossed all of you out.... Between this and my pink flannel Christmas pj's, I'm a hot mama when I go to bed each night.

I don't know if this is an addiction.... new
      #237483 - 01/11/06 06:14 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

But I have a large collection of pajamas! Scary ones with hair dye stains on them...to pretty ones I bought for a business trip because I didn't have any decent jammies and knew I had to share a room...to flannel ones that I could walk around the house in when my parents visited...I have Snoopy jammies too....currently wearing Eyore!

I hate clothes...IBS related hatred I am sure and the first thing I do when I get home is change into jammies that don't touch my stomach.

Since I am stable now you would think that I would loosen up a bit....NOT.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Burt's Bees stuff for me! new
      #237490 - 01/11/06 06:33 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I love their stuff....I use their lip balm, their face stuff, and their hand lotion. It's a little expensive, but it smells and feels so good!

Mac even loves their lip balm. He used mine once since he didn't have his Chapstick on him, and then kept stealing mine, so I got him his own tube!

I'm with Alicia on the lavendar stuff though as well, and I crack everything as well....freaks out my best friend when I crack my shoulders, used to freak out my orthodontist when I was in middle school because my jaw cracks every time I open it past a certain point. Knuckles, elbows, neck, and even sometimes where my leg meets my pelvis cracks (that one hurts!)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Bubble Wrap! new
      #237495 - 01/11/06 06:45 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I love that bubble wrap they use to ship things in. I am addicted to popping the bubbles....good for stress relief.

In my job, I unpack lot's of books and materials....so I'm getting "my fix"!

My mom is the same way. One time when we were little, we bought my mom bubble wrap from the post office for her birthday.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: you don't use it at all anymore Ruchie?!?! -nt- new
      #237539 - 01/11/06 08:23 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

My lips are usually bare!!! Yippee!!

I only use something (netrogena's lip stuff that's fragrance free) when I have cold sores now.

I'm telling you...my lips bled when I tried to quit! But I let them bleed and get it out of their system and I am now CHAPSTICK (thst's the brand I used) free!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: you don't use it at all anymore Ruchie?!?! new
      #237577 - 01/11/06 09:26 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

ooooh man.. I should really try it, but I'm just scared.

I know how terrible it feels when I can't put chapstick on for half an hour! Nevermind all day. Did you still go out and about and do your business.. how long did it take for the bleeding/pain to go away... 1 day, days, weeks??

--------------------

Re: you don't use it at all anymore Ruchie?!?! new
      #237585 - 01/11/06 09:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Well, it's NOT fun! They didn't bleed non-stop but they did get a bit cut up (does this make sense?) The other thing is that my lips were shedding and I have a tendency to chew my lip (oooh, a bad habit!) so that made it worse for me. If I hadn't doen that they would have healed faster!

I think it lasted about a week. But I bet everyone is different. Yeppers...I went about my business...had to go to class! But truly it was ok if I didn't think about it too much. And stopped biting my lip! LOL I just threw it all away and didn't go buy more! (Easier said than done....)

You can DO IT Ashley! Just think of all the money you'll be saving (wish I'd done this back then) and buy yourself a reward for quitting! And then come here and brag to us!

Love ya!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 39101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review