All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
hugs, fellow suffer new
      #236773 - 01/08/06 06:17 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I let mine go too, first all over the table, than spraying and dripping all the way I ran barefoot across the cold lab floor to the freezing, tiny anticeptic toilet they provided me at the far end of the lab. I can still feel the hot tears and the shame and the sound, and the cold, cold toilet seat as I shivered through the gut socking pain. They banged on the door to tell me to "hold some" so they could take a last round of pics. Not my finest moment.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hugs, fellow suffer new
      #236804 - 01/08/06 08:25 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

sounds like there are some sadistic people in the medical proffession, i wonder how many of them have acttually gone through what they are putting the patient through?

Re: did you have ibs as a kid? new
      #236847 - 01/09/06 07:41 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Yeah. I think mine started when I was 15. I remember feeling naseated & bad pains. I wouldn't go to the bathroom in high school, cuz I was too cool to do that& I wore TIGHT jeans back then too, wonder if that contributed? I also remember being up in the middle of the night w/ pain & eventually having to quit my part time job at McDonalds.
So when I finally got diagnosed, months later, my GI said it had to do w/ my holding it in. He says I have to learn how to "go" all over again, like retrainig my muscles again. But I think I really messed myself up. Man why did I have to be sooo stupid? My dad has had alot of stomach troubles since he was a kid, so maybe I would have gotten it anyway, but I do blame myself. Needless to say, nowadays I have no problem w/ going no matter where I am. My pride is out the window. If I need to go & you're in there, oh well, bad times for you I guess! LOL

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Edited by Kiwii (01/09/06 07:44 AM)

#236848 - 01/09/06 07:51 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I remember being C in junior high and having tummy aches all the time. It started in highschool really bad though. I wasn't officially diagnosed until I was 17. I also had the barium enema from hell! They said they weren't able to get all the pictures and that I would have to do it again and I told them there was no way in heck I was going to go through that again!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#236862 - 01/09/06 08:17 AM
Nelly

I mentioned that to the tech!! I told her she had to go through it at least ONCE.

It made me feel better picturing her lying on the table instead of me.

~nelly~

oh yeah.... new
      #236872 - 01/09/06 08:31 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I always had tummy troubles but I know that I stopped eating certain things because I KNEW they made it worse when I was 13- specifically red meat at that point... I never was diagnosed and mom blew me off about my petty belly problems because I didn't have Crohns like she did and my problems were never as severe as hers... not sure when the symptoms really started but I don't remember EVER having normal BM's until I was on this diet and got stable!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#236883 - 01/09/06 09:10 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I sure did! When I was 15, I came home from school, ate a snack and threw up...after about 4-5 months of that along with bad stomache aches and nights in the bathroom, my mom tooks me to the GI doc and I was diagnosed. Crazy we all had it forever!

--------------------
IBS-A

#236888 - 01/09/06 09:20 AM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

i think they should go through it at least once. Dental technicians practice on each other while in college, x-ray techs should do the same.

#236897 - 01/09/06 09:57 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Yes I was the running joke of my family. They said I was so skinny cause everything I ate went right through me. But noone ever thought to get me checked for IBS.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

I agree, Dan! new
      #236964 - 01/09/06 03:48 PM
Nelly

YES! In fact, I think the patients should perform one on the TECHS, once they have had to undergo on their own let's say, three.

I'd love to say, "That's three for me! Now hop right up on the table, Dr. So-and-so!"

Or maybe make it a point system? I've had 2 barium enemas, so after the third point I can kick someone in their butt when I come in the waiting room?

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3062 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9959

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review