All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Oh dear
      #236170 - 01/06/06 06:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

They're running these ads on tv about how "depression hurts." TELL me about it!!

I'm sleeping about 16 hours a day now cos that's the only time I don't feel horrible. My back feels like a vice is squeezing it all the time. Looking at light hurts. Man, I wish it were SPRING!!

My boss emailed me at 8pm last night to tell me there was a meeting today at 9:30. It's 9:17, and I just got the message and he's pissed I won't be coming in. Work is like a huge weight hanging over my head right now!!

I can't WAIT til the sun comes out!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh dear new
      #236172 - 01/06/06 06:30 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Oh honey! I'm so sorry you're feeling this badly! Have you ever thought of maybe a tanning salon or something similar? Perhaps it would mimic the effects of your much-missed sun.

*hugs* I hope you feel better soon! Just think, the days are getting longer!

#236182 - 01/06/06 07:24 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Dear Nelly,

This is not good. Are you on anti-depressants? As you know, it's a chemical imbalance and you won't just snap of out it hon. Is this because of your SAD? if so, Isabel's idea of a tanning salon is a good one. Or you can buy special lights to treats SAD. A friend in college sat in front of one for 30 mins every day and it helped her SO much.

I'm sorry about work.

Thanks Tina new
      #236190 - 01/06/06 07:39 AM
Nelly

Right now even stepping out of the house is daunting. If I had the energy to go outside, I know I'd feel better! Stoopid SAD.

I do have one of those sun lights for SAD, but it's not helping at the mo. I can't seem to break the gravitational pull of my room right now. It's like my soul is being ripped apart whenever I think of getting into my car, like it just feels "wrong" to leave at the moment. A very weird feeling to try to explain.

My boss keeps emailing me and every time I see a message from him, I feel like crawling under my bed and putting my hands over my ears. Ever get that feeling?

~nelly~

#236191 - 01/06/06 07:41 AM
Nelly

You're totally right, I need to break the gravitational pull of this place and just get out there. The very idea makes me queasy~!

Thanks for hte hugs!!! It makes it better talking about it. Feeling down is no fun!!

~nelly~

Re: Thanks Tina new
      #236194 - 01/06/06 07:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I believe if your body wants to sleep like crazy you should let it But I would limit it. How long have you been sleeping for 16 hours? Days? Weeks?

This is tough. And too bad your lamp isn't helping. Is the BF being supportive? Is a trip down south at all possible? There are some super good deals right now and even a weekend away would help. You'd have to leave the house but the sun might revive you.

Oh Nel! new
      #236199 - 01/06/06 08:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's depression no doubt....go get some a-d's. If the light isn't helping then it's not just SAD. And you have enough depression triggers going!

And can you find a physio that does TrP release? I bet that's at least partly why your back feels so ****. I know what that feels like and it's so horrible. And yup, that alone makes you not want to wake up!

Poor Nelly new
      #236202 - 01/06/06 08:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

You poor thing, January is always a tough month but with the SAD and your sore back it sounds awful.

I do think the sleeping so much sounds like depression, get yourself sorted with a prescription and that will hopefully help. Hope the back gets better soon too.

Do try to get out, if you can, you know you should and you have the strength inside to, we are all rooting for you!

Take care

--------------------
S.

Re: Thanks Tina new
      #236243 - 01/06/06 09:50 AM
Nelly

I'd love to go South for the winter! I will lobby BF aggressively about it. Money's so super tight right now, I haven't even really been able to have a proper drive anywhere. I've been sleeping way too much, usually from 10pm to 9am, with a 3 hour nap around 4-ish. It's the only time I'm not in any pain!!

~nelly~

Thanks everyone new
      #236245 - 01/06/06 09:55 AM
Nelly

I appreciate the suggestions! I just blew my last $120 on Ambien so I can't afford to see a doctor right now. This no insurance thing is really bumming me out.

I see a fibro doctor on the 31st, and even though it's going to cost me an arm and a leg (around $1700-- I'm going into debt with my parents to afford it) I know it'll be the best thing for me.

The SAD lamp doesn't give me energy at the moment, but it does stop me from sleeping all day. That thing is BRIGHT. My tummy is doing well right now, so that's one thing not to stress about. I just wish I could get some energy and a teaspoon of happiness right now!

Thanks guys for listening. I appreciate the support!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1832 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4527

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review