All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Update on sister
      #23566 - 10/16/03 07:27 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

My sister Sheri, who has been experiencing dizziness and tingling in her arms and legs, is now feeling numbness in her face, around her mouth. Over the weekend, she was admitted to the hospital where they did numerous tests but could not find any reason for her symptoms. They live in a very small rural town and I'm not sure how great the medical care is that she's receiving. Family members have tried to encourage my brother-in-law to take her to a larger hospital out of town, but so far he is sticking with the local doctors. They have supposedly ruled out a stroke and brain tumor, and mentioned MS as a possible diagnosis.
She is having an MRI done this afternoon. Please pray that the doctors will figure out what the problem is and can help her. Of course, my parents, who live in the same town, are understandbly, very upset. I'm 800+ miles away from them and my stomach is in knots!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update on sister new
      #23568 - 10/16/03 07:35 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

This must be so hard for you being so far away! I really hope your brother in law will consider getting her somewhere that deals with this on a more regular basis and will know EVERY avenue to look into. So many things could be happening here, you know? We will definitely keep this entire situation in prayer.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#23616 - 10/16/03 02:20 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I sure hope the MRI shows something - numbness doesn't happen for no reason.

More new
      #23632 - 10/16/03 04:21 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I can't believe the stupid **** doctor decided not to do an MRI or any other tests on my sister because she was feeling better today! She sends her home and said she'd make an appointment for her to see a neurologist next week. I know I'm no doctor, but this can't be normal for a 40-year-old woman to be having dizziness, tingling in the arms and legs, and numbness on her face.

#23675 - 10/17/03 06:58 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I can sympathise with your frustration! When I read your 2nd post, I too couldn't believe that the doctor would send her home as she felt better today. I would certainly be encouraging your brother in law to seek additional recommendations. These kinds of things shouldn't really be taken with a grain of salt.

Wishing your family all the best.

Re: More new
      #23723 - 10/17/03 11:30 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I agree, that's terrible that they didn't do an MRI on your sister. I don't blame you for being worried about her. I'll continue to pray that everything will turn out okay. Hang in there!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 881

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review