All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
new to board/new to topic
      #235174 - 01/02/06 11:09 AM
alicemagooey

Reged: 01/02/06

i had a quick question... i am new to all of this.. i have had 'C' problems all my life ( i read your tips for newcomers abbreviations section)..
I think , really that i have had some form of IBS and or colitis and or diverticulosis all my life..
i hate doctors and tests.
i just finally went and had a colonoscopy.. It was so terrible.. the laxitive they gave me did not work.. i felt like throwing up..and honestly doubt whether the test was accurate.
the doctor did not tell me i had IBS..
i did go through all his tests.
MY QUESTION:
is it possible that i have IBS anyway.? is it always detected with their tests??
as i said, i have always had digestive problems,gas and the dreaded (but ever present) 'C'..(he he.)
i have ordered Heathers book,and some acacia fiber..
i am going to go on the supposition that i do have IBS-C..and am now beginning to read up on what i need to do ,diet wise.

i am just checking here to ask that one question: is it always detectable by tests.?

many thanks
alice

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new to board/new to topic new
      #235190 - 01/02/06 12:34 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome! Sorry to hear your colonoscopy was so awful. There isn't a test that will definitively tell you if you have IBS or not. It is a diagnoses of exclusion. Meaning they have tested for everything else and everything is negative. It would be a lot easier if there was a blood test or some other relatively easy test to say for sure if you have ibs but unfortunately, there just isn't!

Check out the eating for IBS section and you will find lots of advice on how to manage IBS. The living room section here is mainly used for non-ibs chit chat.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2721 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 393

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review