All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How long does it take to feel better?
      #234448 - 12/29/05 06:48 PM
ebrbetty

Reged: 03/31/05

Hi everyone,I don't think I'm posting this in the right forum,but there really is no "general" place.
I am eating DF,GF,and now using the IBS diet.
all I had for dinner was 2 chicken tenders with cornflake crumbs [gf] and mashed potato's with 1 tbs GF margarine,that was about 3 hours ago and now my bellys killing me,like someones punching me non-stop in the gut. I know it takes time,but I'm wondering how long till some of you felt better?
thanks bunches
oh..BTW~ I'm thinking of getting the IBS the first year book,is it a waste since I'm also doing GF?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How long does it take to feel better? new
      #234455 - 12/29/05 07:31 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Were you chicken fingers fried? I would highly recommend Heathers book it has alot of detailed information in it and alot of answers to our questions. Good luck. Hope you start feeling better,

#234456 - 12/29/05 07:35 PM
ebrbetty

no, I oven fried them,I used i teaspoon olive oil in the pan.
thanks for replying

#234527 - 12/30/05 07:21 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Possibly too much fat with the margarine as well....go very low fat to start off with as you'll be so super sensitive.

"IBS: The First Year" is a great book....and "Eating For IBS" is the one that's more of a cookbook anyway.

Are you taking a SFS? It took me six months of SFS, meds and 100% strict diet to stabilise.

I've been at this for over a year now... new
      #234647 - 12/30/05 12:59 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...never cheat either. Not once. So, I can't tell you when or if you will feel better. I just keep praying it will happen one day in the near future.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#234665 - 12/30/05 02:35 PM
ebrbetty

thank you, I am taking a soluble fiber
I think we all just want to get results fast!

#234740 - 12/30/05 07:21 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Give it time ... but ... please make sure you've had all of the tests to rule out other conditions. I suffered for well over a year before finally being diagnosed with endometriosis. I had surgery three weeks ago and I am now pretty sure I don't have IBS. I've stopped posting on the diet board because I'm beginning to feel like a fraud.

Side note -- 1 T is probably too much fat for the potatoes. I used to eat double servings of mashed potatoes all the time for dinner, and 1 T margarine bumped up the calorie from fat percentage to 50% (which is hideous -- should be 20-25%). I ate them plain usually, but would sometimes add 1/4 t margarine, which did make a surprising bit of difference and kept the fat down. The hardest part about the IBS diet is getting used to calculating fat. Anyway, hang in there, and if you follow the diet strictly for some time and you keep getting worse, go back to your doctor.

Good luck and I hope you do feel better soon.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#234742 - 12/30/05 07:29 PM
ebrbetty

thank you jen.
my dr mentioned endometriosis also,but I thought that had little to no symptoms. I hope your feeling better

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 967 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 614

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review