All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
The IBS diet
      #23443 - 10/15/03 07:14 AM
Lissa

Reged: 10/15/03

This is my first time doing this. Please bear with me. I was wondering about the IBS diet. I seem to have gained weight while on it - two weeks. I was trying to cut out carbo's before the book but followed the book after I read it ( three times). I am feeling discouraged because of the wieght gain. Also I am pretty health oriented and an discouraged about not be able to eat fresh fruit and veggie ( which used to make up alot of my diet. I guess I just need some guildence. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The IBS diet new
      #23445 - 10/15/03 07:26 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Lissa and welcome to the boards.

I understand about your weight gain...I was in the same boat.

You are able to have veggies once you are stabilized. Just ensure they are pureed or cooked then they are easier to digest.

Also - ensure you are following an exercise plan. It will help your IBS and help you burn extra calories.

I am sure you will get alot more helpful hints. Some of these people know this diet like the back of their hand...they will be able to help you out alot more!

Again, welcome!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: The IBS diet new
      #23447 - 10/15/03 07:28 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

You may not need to cut out all veggies and fruit, everyone is different. Be sure you don't eat them on an empty tummy and eat them with bread or someother form of soluble fiber. A lot of people do find with fruit smoothies. I can eat most fruit and some veggies, just not every single day. Take a couple days the get stable then add in one or two things at a time to see how you do. Are you IBS C or D? I am IBS C and need a lot more insoluble fiber than most people with IBS D. Anything to do with food and supplements should be posted in the eating for IBS section, it will get more responses.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1745 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 599

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review