All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ever just feel like you want to sit in the middle of the floor and cry?
      #234382 - 12/29/05 02:56 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

I don't usually post over here, but this really doesn't fit on the diet board and I've been lurking over here for a few days lately.

IBS is a very isolating "disease" isn't it? The holidays have been lonely this year...this is turning into a "why me" post.....
Oh well....just wanted to whine a bit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yes, yes, yes new
      #234384 - 12/29/05 02:59 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It is a very isolating condition. And even if you can get out, you can't eat what everyone else is eating.

It's just a rotten deal all around....but especially around the holidays.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Come on over whenever you want! new
      #234385 - 12/29/05 03:02 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ya know though, we are known as the "controversial area" ................Just kidding everyone!!!
Anyway, this area to me is for whining or talking about just anything so if you want to whine, we will offer support!
Yes, I do feel like sitting on the floor and crying many, many times! I look at other people's lives and think, why can't I be normal and eat whatever I want, not have to worry about eating and then going directly to a movie for fear I'll have an attack after dinner! IT SUCKS! So, I've been there too. Hope this helps!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: ever just feel like you want to sit in the middle of the floor and cry? new
      #234390 - 12/29/05 03:18 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I defintely agree with Lisa. I don't think we have gone out to dinner and then hit a movie in years. Usually it is the other way around movie then dinner. My husband and friends are really understanding so I got lucky there.

I had a D attack on Christmas day while we were opening gifts from my MIL. I came down the stairs crying becuase my stomach hurt so bad and I said to my husband " why me" and he said well at least you are here, you could have cancer or a deadly disease. So when I look at it that way I feel fortunate, but in other ways I dont. I do envy others who can eat/drink anything they want.

thanks....i guess i'm just really frustrated right now.... new
      #234391 - 12/29/05 03:18 PM
meep

Just when I have a few good days...BAM! another attack.

I guess I would understand it a little more if I was going out and eating a bacon burger and fries from Chilis (which I used to eat just a year ago, without even thinking about it...my IBS was in one of its "remission" stages then) but I'm not doing that. I'm hardly eating anything. I've lost 70 pounds in the last year since my IBS went haywire after gallbladder surgery. I've had IBS for about 20 years and some times are better than others. I've gone whole years without any attacks to speak of....then there's THIS year, which has taken over my life, my job, everything.

Ok....whining is over....(for now)

Re: Ahh yes, the lets eat last thing! new
      #234399 - 12/29/05 03:38 PM
LittleLisa

Happened to me just today. Hubby says, wanna run to the mall as I sit there and eat my turkey sandwich with Ranch Doritos (which could have gone either way with me). I'm thinking, now if you would have asked me before I fed my face with "no, no food I would have gone to the mall but since I had already eaten it, FORGET it! Didn't want to be running to the mall potty, nor did I want to stop on the way at some gas station! IBS really, truely, can prevent you from doing what you want.

I try to think the same way as your husband does and think "it could be worse", however, there are so many times that you can say that to yourself without getting tired of hearing it! Obviously, I'd chose IBS over cancer any day but still...................

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

eating? we're allowed to eat and go somewhere? lol new
      #234406 - 12/29/05 04:08 PM
meep

Not even a possibility with me! My attacks are horrible! Hours of D/V simultaneously. I'm literally stuck sitting there with a plastic bag in my face. Hours of it. Sometimes, I can breathe and relax my way out of the V, but rarely.

ok....I'm still whining....where's the cheese to go with my whine? Oh wait, that's right....I can't eat cheese.

I get it. really. new
      #234419 - 12/29/05 04:36 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

IBS is extremely isolating, and probably no one outside of these boards is ever going to understand what you're going through. When the pain comes, we suffer alone.

You don't deserve to be in pain. Why the hell us, you know??
But I'm grateful you're reaching out to all of us, because I can sense in your pain that you get what I'm going through, and that gives ME hope.

So our doctors strip us of our dignity, our friends don't know how to treat us when we're in their presence, and our loved ones sabotage our diets to "prove us wrong." We've got a little hope left, because we're HERE. So let's draw strength from that. OK, so we've got empathy. We've also got our biting wit, honed from the years of suffering. Sometimes if I don't laugh, I cry!

{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}} to you, and remember to breathe. The holidays are almost over, and we're identifying more evil foods and triggers every day. Things will get better. And if they don't, hey, we've still got us, you know?

Your friend,

~nelly~

Re: You go girl ! (nelly) new
      #234436 - 12/29/05 05:41 PM
LittleLisa

I just read your post to hubby and said "see, see why I love my IBS friends. Only they understand!!!

My family fortunately understands. So I'm lucky in that respect. Only cause sister has IBS and mom had it for years. She claims it got much better after menopause! Got a longgggggggggggg way for that yet though.. Ughhhh

P.S. GO REDSKINS!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: eating? we're allowed to eat and go somewhere? lol new
      #234438 - 12/29/05 05:42 PM
LittleLisa

Ughhh I feel for ya. I don't vomit and thank goodness for that! I'd really throw in the towel! My neighbor does though, however, I think a lot of hers stems from her extreme anxiety

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

it's good to have people who get it new
      #234446 - 12/29/05 06:45 PM
meep

I only have ONE person in real life who gets it and that's the secretary at my school. She has crohns. Even she can just about eat anything she wants now that her meds are straightened out. That's why she sent me to her gastroenterologist....to get ME straightened out! lol Nobody else I know even has a clue and it's impossible to describe it to people. At least here, people know. Even if we can't all eat the same things, we at least understand the frustration.

Re: You're Awesome, Nelly!!! ~nt~ new
      #234467 - 12/29/05 08:25 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Yes, I did this on Tuesday! Lol! new
      #234492 - 12/29/05 10:42 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Even among friends and family I feel "isolated" and a bit lonely. I think it's because even though you may have the support and love of those closest to you, ultimately you have to go through the attacks and bear the pain alone. I try to be positive, but sometimes I need to whine, too, and announce to the world that "IBS SUCKS!"

Re: I get it. really. new
      #234493 - 12/29/05 10:46 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

So our doctors strip us of our dignity, our friends don't know how to treat us when we're in their presence, and our loved ones sabotage our diets to "prove us wrong." We've got a little hope left, because we're HERE. So let's draw strength from that. OK, so we've got empathy. We've also got our biting wit, honed from the years of suffering. Sometimes if I don't laugh, I cry!

This is SO true! Exactly how I feel! I'm glad you were able to put it into words, describe it so accurately. To hear it from someone else does make me feel less alone. You're like the IBS prophet.

meep! new
      #234531 - 12/30/05 07:30 AM
Nelly

I hope today is better for you, meep. I hope this GI is good, and you get the respect you deserve! If I couldn't vent my frustration here, I know my head would explode on average of 8 times a day.

~nelly~

Thanks, guys!! new
      #234533 - 12/30/05 07:37 AM
Nelly

You guys are sweet!!!!! I feel the same way about you all.

~nelly~ [whispering]Gooo Skiiiins!

Re: meep! new
      #234568 - 12/30/05 08:46 AM
meep

Thanks. I am going to force myself to get out of the house today. I think that will help. I've been at home for several days now....just me and the cats and this darn internet! lol Actually, I'm glad to have the internet. I'd go nuts if I didn't have some connection to the real world when I don't have to go to work. (I'm a teacher)

Thanks again for the support!

YES! new
      #234611 - 12/30/05 11:09 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

And I have.

How are you feeling today Meep? Any better?

Keep posting here...we can relate and we feel your pain!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: YES! new
      #234617 - 12/30/05 11:31 AM
meep

Better a bit. No attack so far today! About to eat lunch.

I was going to force myself to get out of the house, but I've just decided to attempt cleaning/rearranging the living room. Maybe a decluttered space will make me feel like I accomplished something today!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3371 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review