All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Medication
      #23404 - 10/14/03 05:24 PM
Teri

Reged: 10/14/03

Is anyone using the drug Hyoscyamine to control IBS? What about Zelnorm? Does anyone know how these drugs are different? I hate the side effects - dry mouth, impotence [color:brown] [/color] [color:blue] [/color] :confused:

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Medication new
      #23417 - 10/14/03 07:03 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Teri and welcome!
You will get more response by posting on the eating for ibs board.
Hyoscyamine is the generic drug for Levsin and I take it only as needed. My doctor lowered my dosage in hopes to deal with my side effects better and I take under my tongue until it melts.
I hate the side effects too; dry mouth, blurry vision, tired. Try talking to your doctor and see if he/she can switch meds for you. I don't much about Zelnorm.

Re: Medication new
      #23481 - 10/15/03 11:43 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Levsin doesn't do much for me, its suppose to help relax your colon but I have to take like 4-5 of them to notice any improvement and than the side effects you mentioned are awful! There are other drugs in the same catagory you could try. I took Zelnorm for about 2 months. It is completey different in that it does something to the seratonine(sp?) receptors and is suppose to regulate the movements of the colon, they have a web site if you do a google search. It worked ok for a few weeks than completey stopped working for me. There have been a lot of talk about Zelnorm if you do a broad search on it, you could read what everyone has posted. I think most peoples reaction was similar to mine. I currently take Mira-Lax for my constipation.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1039

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review