All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
typically for us its.. new
      #234031 - 12/28/05 05:49 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

8 simple days.. this year we're having a party the 7th night (coincides with NYE this year) and my family sent some gifts which we opened.. Bill's family isn't Jewish- we did Christmas last night with them, and I lit the hanukiah there... Bill and I do the give each other gifts thing but its one or many depending- one year I gave him one gift in 8 parts - he had to wait to the last night to put it all together!

This year I got some big gifts because he gave me the $$ to add to some GC's I'd won during the year from work for my zojirushi bread machine I've wanted AND his stepdad gave me a GC to williams sonoma and I had one, so we're getting a new set of knives with it! (and some $$ from my grandparents)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

me too.. I even found a relatively safe.. new
      #234033 - 12/28/05 06:06 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sufganiot recipe and I bake my latkes- just brown them in oil first... so they are not too bad... and I had a ball teaching my nonjewish nephews the blessigns and the songs last night at my MIL's christmas thing when it was time to light candles there!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Well, honey, you got me, so, NO! new
      #234186 - 12/28/05 09:28 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And it was lovely!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh sweet! new
      #234187 - 12/28/05 09:32 PM
_Willow

I love that you stretch it out sometimes...the waiting must be deadly, haha!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

oh, that sounds so sweet! new
      #234188 - 12/28/05 09:36 PM
_Willow

I appreciate the lesson, Amie, because though Edmonton has a fairly big jewish community and our mayor's jewish(that's not public knowledge) I live in little ol' WASP land over here and don't get to see much of it. So this is very enlightening. I feel very connected to judaism, as I am a christian, so we grew out of Judaism.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Glad it's over ....... new
      #234202 - 12/29/05 05:15 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

We had our Christmas on Friday, so Christmas day was just another day, except for an awesome breakfast. The local church buys us gifts and I asked for gift certs. and a phone card. I like to pick out my own clothes (have to try them on). I also got a set of sheets,some p.j.'s and a book about my hometown, Provincetown, MA. I got a lot of other small stocking stuffer type things too. I just wish we could have done it on Sunday.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

FANTASTIC!! new
      #234206 - 12/29/05 05:45 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My dad and stepmom are in town - which is why I've been so scarce this week, and will continue to be until they head back to NJ - it was the first Christmas I've gotten to celebrate with MY family for quite a few years, and that alone makes it absolutely fantastic!

Adam spoiled me rotten. He got me a diamond heart necklace, and he's in the process of building me a new computer! (He was trying to get it finished before Christmas, but something didn't work, so he has to send it back.) I got all kinds of good things from both sets of parents... an ice cream maker, lots of books, a huge memory card for my digital camera, a Lomo 4-lens camera (those things are neat!), and all sorts of other little goodies. My family absolutely **LOVED** everything I made them. My mother called me specifically (second time that day) to fawn all over me for my amazing knitting skills, haha. Even my brothers were impressed, which is very hard to do.

And then, of course, Dad and Sarah have been here all week, so we've been running around and having a good time just spending time together. Yesterday we went up into the Amish part of the state. The day before we went down into Bangor and thrifted. Today they're looking at houses (!!!) and I'm going with them to take pictures. Fun times!

I love this time of year! I hope everyone else had/is having a wonderful holiday!

It's all over and I'm back at work :( new
      #234232 - 12/29/05 07:06 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

We had a lovely Christmas.

Went home to my parents' on Christmas Eve (with my "New Husband" in tow) Visited relatives that evening, then went to the local pub with two of my brothers and one of my sisters (the others are underage) Christmas Day we got up at 8am to see if Santa had come (he had!) and then we went to Mass at 11 and visited my grandparents' grave.

We had a visitor at 12.30- a neighbour home from the US to visit his parents took a family portrait of us. Then P and I went for a walk on the beach and came back for a HUGE dinner which was followed by another walk on the beach.

We just sat around most of the evening, and then when we couldn't find our Trivial Pursuits game we turned on the DVD player and had a few drinks which turned out to be great fun.

On the 26th, St Stephen's Day, we went for a walk by the coast near home and my grandmother and aunt visited. Then we went to the local pub and disco with my brothers and a cousin. Very good fun.

On 27th we made a five and half hour trip across the country to visit P's family and we went out for a drink with some of his friends who were home for Christmas.

We came back to Dublin yesterday via a visit to my aunt and cousins in Co. Mayo and I am back to work today and really, really bored out of muy brain. I SERIOUSLY need a new job!

I got (and gave!) some lovely gifts, books, DVDs, clothes etc My aunt gave P and I a portable DVD player that we really weren't expecting so that went down a treat.

Ruchie- I asked for (and got) that book you recommended some time ago "French Women Don't get Fat". I'm reading it at the moment and it's very interesting, and I am laughing at the patronising bits too!

Off out of Dublin for 2 nights at the weekend for New Year's- party in one friend's place on NYE and a different group of friends are having a party on January 1st. Then the New Year will hit with a sharp shock after that.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2034 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review