BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How was everyone's Christmas/Hannukah? new
      #233943 - 12/27/05 01:31 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Well it has been a whirlwind for us these past few days. It seriously looks like Toys R Us threw up in my living room!! LOL! Noah got a ton of stuff from everyone. Lots of Elmo things and puzzles. I don't know what everyone is going to get himf for his birthday in less than two weeks!!! The child has everything already!

As far as me I got clothes, DVD's, Nora Jones CD and Enya's new one. I also got a new set of Farberware pots and pans from my inlaws. They have the clear lids so you can see what's cooking! Overall it was busy but lots of fun. I am glad to be at a slower pace now though! Sounds like you had a lot of fun too!

LOL< I understand that statement! new
      #233949 - 12/27/05 01:41 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Ours is far from over as well. I love Christmas!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oops, can you tell I'm Christian? new
      #233951 - 12/27/05 01:45 PM
_Willow

I had no idea how to spell it, and thought it was over for some reason. Does it begin on the same day of our calendar every year or is it according to an ancient calendar? Do you exchange gifts? I've known some Jewish folks who do a gift every night...but tradtitions differ I suppose!

Anyhow, thanks for the sweet compliments! I guess I take pretty good pictures....too bad Kay and Trevor both have goofy faces there. LOL!

And yes, I'm madly in love with being a teacher too, can you tell??

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

melissa, I totally understand.... new
      #233952 - 12/27/05 01:55 PM
_Willow

my family is utterly dysfunctional (hence my being in therapy,LOL,) and finding out I'm the least screwed up of all of us (yay!)was nice news. Our family is all jealous of each other and argues like,hmm...like the irish descendants we have.

It can be hard to deal with family on the holidays. Once you have kids in the picture it's even harder too, because you want to please everyone, and you kind of leave yourself in the dust a while. Now that Kayleigh's three, I've decided Christmas is about what my DH and I want for oUR family, and we get to call the shots. Surely I'll be ticked about that concept once I'm a grandma, LOL!

I'm glad you survived it though.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: How was everyone's Christmas/Hannukah? new
      #233953 - 12/27/05 02:01 PM
_Willow

Sounds mellow, and WTG on watching a movie! Is it the dark or the screen or the people that freaks you out?
I ask because Dh has been popping the Ativan lately due to his not officially diagnosed anxiety disorder...his mom has AD so has ativan and shares with him...it works very well and is so tiny that he doens't have to contend with his phobia of swallowing pills/choking. I thought it was funny at first but now take it pretty seriously.

Anyhow, Dh's attacks happen in the middle of the night, after he's fallen asleep, and he can't mellow back down without going to his "safe place" (the couch) or taking some Ativan. And he's a stubborn donkey who's been contending with this for 6 months now. (not that my IBS isn't 99% anxiety related, mind you, i can't tease.)
Except of course, when one is eating horrid dairy all the time, can't blame this on stress, lOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Oops, can you tell I'm Christian? new
      #233954 - 12/27/05 02:06 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey Shannon!

Most families do gifts...we just don't. We're weird (As a kid I got a gift almost all eight nights btw! If we ever have kids maybe it'll be diff...who knows )

It goes according to the Lunar calendar so it's diff every year. This year it began on the night of the 25th and it goes for 8 nights.

You're truly beautiful Shannon! And os is that hubby and daughter of yours They're def keepers!

And truly...I know you're a fantastic teacher. It's in your soul and it shows! *hugs*

Love you!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Awww!!! new
      #233956 - 12/27/05 02:10 PM
_Willow

You got Aaron a violin? That's wicked awesome! I used to play, that's just adorable!

I can imagine the Christmas play was a riot to watch, how adorable.

Glad you had a good time, and that God peeked his head in when you were in trouble and lightened the load. He's good at that!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Shannon, I just have to ask you... new
      #233959 - 12/27/05 02:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

what kind of lip stick are you wearing in this pic? I have the hardest time finding a good color...and our skin tones are similair. (Does it have a scent? I can't wear anything with a scent?)

Anyhow it's beautiful!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh yuck! new
      #233960 - 12/27/05 02:17 PM
_Willow

I had a big squabble with my uncle at Thanksgiving, because...get this...this is what I mean by a dysfunctionnal family....
he was mad that my husband won't come to their house because a) we're invited whenever DH is working and they know that, and b)they ahve two horses which he's Violently allergic to, and is terrified of taking allergy meds, and they don't work anyways.

My uncle actually said "well if he could come here and sit here and sneeze for a while, then we'd believe he's allergic" as in he Contrived it all to avoid them! How rediculous! Talk about self centred. And of course Dh doesn't want to see them now because why the hell should he if they all think he's got some stupid scheme to keep himself from being near them?

All this because I'm not around at the holidays now. It's utterly stupid. I finally flipped out on my uncle and said I'd come to see him when I could and the rest of it he could stick where the sun don't shine.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2099 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11492

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review