All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I'm back from NYC...
      #232329 - 12/17/05 10:01 PM

Unregistered

...and I seriously think that I'm going to take that internship. It is just such a big decision to make that I keep going back and forth about it, especially since I have to be there to start Jan. 9 and that just doesn't seem like enough time to get ready for that! But it just seems like such a great step for me to take before I come back here and try to get a job with the company I really want to work at.

Other than that, the trip was fabulous. A bit chilly but perfect and sunny. Though getting back here and thinking of going to the beach in the 60's is sounding pretty good.

So now tomorrow I'm going to see the new Cirque du Soleil show that's passing through town (I'm addicted to those) and then going to Disney with the family till Tuesday morning.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm back from NYC... new
      #232345 - 12/18/05 07:37 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Well, I am glad that you enjoyed NY. Looks like the transit strike was heldf off in just enough time for you. It should/better be over by the time you come here for good. Keep us up to date on the details if you decide to take the internship here in NY.

--------------------

#232350 - 12/18/05 08:03 AM

Unregistered

Oh I know I'm glad that didn't happen while we were there. We ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs at Macy's on Thursday night and our waiter told us that Macy's put up all their employees in a hotel across the street because they wanted them all to be at work the next day. Crazy stuff.

Well hopefully it doesn't happen still. And I'll definitely let ya know what I decide. And if I do take it then all of you people that live in NYC are going to have to see me every do often so I'm not lonely and I can actually pretend that I have friends there

#232353 - 12/18/05 08:23 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Britt, you may just have a few friends here in NY City! Don't worry about it! Actually, my sister is around your age so maye we could all go out together if you decide to come to NY. She could use a good friend, she spends a little too much time with her fiancee. But, thats another story.

I am not sure how Macy's can put up all those people in a hotel. From what I understand, this is the busiest time of the year and hotel occupancy is at 96%. I ope this strike doesn't happen. it will hurt our economy so much and I don't think it will accomplish what the union thinks it will accomplish.

--------------------

#232508 - 12/19/05 07:03 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

COOL! I'll be living there eventually ( I don't want to say when) so we have to meet up!

#232516 - 12/19/05 08:29 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds like a great decision! Good luck getting everything ready!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#232824 - 12/20/05 10:19 AM

Unregistered

OOh that would be nice to meet more people!

And bummer about the strike actually happeneing. I really didn't think it would but I guess I was wrong. Hope it's not giving you too too much trouble. You actually live in the city though don't you?

#232826 - 12/20/05 10:20 AM

Unregistered

Yes Tina we will definitely have to meet up!

#232917 - 12/20/05 03:06 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Glad you had a good trip and felt comfortable with the company you interviewed with. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity! I am so envious that you can just pick up and go to New York City! I know you have some details to work out, but it sounds so exciting! Good luck!

#232937 - 12/20/05 04:10 PM

Unregistered

Thanks! Yeah it is kind of exciting to be able to just pick up and go somewhere. I figure that's why I better take advantage of that now before I'm tied down to too many things to ever think of doing that again.

Hope everything is going well with you. Will you get the see your boys over the holidays???

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 750 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4080

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review