All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm back from NYC...
      #232329 - 12/17/05 10:01 PM

Unregistered

...and I seriously think that I'm going to take that internship. It is just such a big decision to make that I keep going back and forth about it, especially since I have to be there to start Jan. 9 and that just doesn't seem like enough time to get ready for that! But it just seems like such a great step for me to take before I come back here and try to get a job with the company I really want to work at.

Other than that, the trip was fabulous. A bit chilly but perfect and sunny. Though getting back here and thinking of going to the beach in the 60's is sounding pretty good.

So now tomorrow I'm going to see the new Cirque du Soleil show that's passing through town (I'm addicted to those) and then going to Disney with the family till Tuesday morning.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm back from NYC... new
      #232345 - 12/18/05 07:37 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Well, I am glad that you enjoyed NY. Looks like the transit strike was heldf off in just enough time for you. It should/better be over by the time you come here for good. Keep us up to date on the details if you decide to take the internship here in NY.

--------------------

#232350 - 12/18/05 08:03 AM

Unregistered

Oh I know I'm glad that didn't happen while we were there. We ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs at Macy's on Thursday night and our waiter told us that Macy's put up all their employees in a hotel across the street because they wanted them all to be at work the next day. Crazy stuff.

Well hopefully it doesn't happen still. And I'll definitely let ya know what I decide. And if I do take it then all of you people that live in NYC are going to have to see me every do often so I'm not lonely and I can actually pretend that I have friends there

#232353 - 12/18/05 08:23 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Britt, you may just have a few friends here in NY City! Don't worry about it! Actually, my sister is around your age so maye we could all go out together if you decide to come to NY. She could use a good friend, she spends a little too much time with her fiancee. But, thats another story.

I am not sure how Macy's can put up all those people in a hotel. From what I understand, this is the busiest time of the year and hotel occupancy is at 96%. I ope this strike doesn't happen. it will hurt our economy so much and I don't think it will accomplish what the union thinks it will accomplish.

--------------------

#232508 - 12/19/05 07:03 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

COOL! I'll be living there eventually ( I don't want to say when) so we have to meet up!

#232516 - 12/19/05 08:29 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds like a great decision! Good luck getting everything ready!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#232824 - 12/20/05 10:19 AM

Unregistered

OOh that would be nice to meet more people!

And bummer about the strike actually happeneing. I really didn't think it would but I guess I was wrong. Hope it's not giving you too too much trouble. You actually live in the city though don't you?

#232826 - 12/20/05 10:20 AM

Unregistered

Yes Tina we will definitely have to meet up!

#232917 - 12/20/05 03:06 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Glad you had a good trip and felt comfortable with the company you interviewed with. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity! I am so envious that you can just pick up and go to New York City! I know you have some details to work out, but it sounds so exciting! Good luck!

#232937 - 12/20/05 04:10 PM

Unregistered

Thanks! Yeah it is kind of exciting to be able to just pick up and go somewhere. I figure that's why I better take advantage of that now before I'm tied down to too many things to ever think of doing that again.

Hope everything is going well with you. Will you get the see your boys over the holidays???

#232953 - 12/20/05 05:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey Brittany!

I'm glad you had such a good time! I hope your trip to Disney is great as well

Which Cirque De Soleil show is it? I've only seen one...

I'm glad you got the internship! Now YOU get to decide if YOu want THEM! he he

Whatever you decide...enjoy it! you deserve it

*hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#232959 - 12/20/05 05:41 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

How cool would that be, living in the big city?? Sounds like a fabulous opportunity, Brittany!

You will love NY, and Tommy and Tina are great! All of you are a bunch of fun and I know you'll have a good time together if Brittany does move.

~nelly~

Brittany new
      #233003 - 12/21/05 06:00 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Yes, both of my boys will be home for Christmas which will be nice. Although we're a little crowded in this apartment we're renting while our new house is being built. My oldest son brings his newly adopted dog, which he told us was a beagle mix. Well, it's the size of a Dalmation---with beagle coloring, that's all! Ha! And he's a puppy, very hyper and does not get along with our 2 dogs!

So Thanksgiving was interesting----4 adults and 3 dogs in a tiny living room. So Christmas should be a hoot!!!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas too!

Sorry I missed you! new
      #233143 - 12/21/05 03:02 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I was at my brother's in jersey the day you called. I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm glad you got out before the darn MTA strikers ruined everything!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Sorry I missed you! new
      #233147 - 12/21/05 03:13 PM

Unregistered

I was bummed I missed you but I hope you had a nice time at your brother's. I would have called you sooner but we were all over the place I never knew where I'd be long enough to make plans. We went and saw The Producers show on Friday night and it was really really good. I'm excited to see the movie now and we went to the Top of the Rock. That was really nice but a bit chilly. And there was lots and LOTS of walking and shopping. A perfect NY weekend.

If I move up there we'll definitely make sure to get together. And I hope that stupid strike isn't causing you too much grief. I was just glad they held off past Friday.

#233249 - 12/22/05 07:08 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

COOL Brit! We will.

Re: Hmmmmm NYC in December or Florida???? new
      #233656 - 12/24/05 06:21 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Uhhhhhh I'd take Florida! Disney for Christmas sounds mighty fine for me!!

Brittany, I missed your last post on the internship. Were you thinking of taking a job in NYC? What a big decision if you were. Going from sunny Florida to hustle and bustle NYC. Don't get me wrong NYC is just a wonderful place to visit, not sure if I'd want to live there (no offense Tommy )it;s just that I don't know any different I guess and I'm used to suburb living. You would have wonderful opportunities there I'm sure. Good luck with your decision!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Hmmmmm NYC in December or Florida???? new
      #233725 - 12/25/05 06:46 AM

Unregistered

Yeah I am thinking about taking an internship there. Any I have to start whatever I choose on Jan 9 when the semester starts, so I don't have much time left to make up my mind

You're right, it is quite a change. But I like to think that I'm someone who likes all kinds of experiences and living different places. I lived in Italy for a summer and now I think I'd like to live in NYC. It's only for 4 months which isn't too bad. It is definitely a change in weather, and I still have never seen snow actually fall from the sky. So there are a lot of firsts wrapped up in this for me. I have a very good friend who is also doing an internship at the same time I am, so I think this could be a lot of fun for us. And what better time than in your early-20's to pretend that you still have no real responsibilities??

I'll keep y'all posted on what I decide.....whenever that is

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1598 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4027

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review