All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Hey Dalia! new
      #231990 - 12/16/05 07:44 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh no! Poor you. I guess we were keeping each other company and didn't even know it...! I hope you're doing better this morning. I'm still weak (and really tired, like no energy), but so far the tummy has been imodiumed into submission.

I'm sipping some warm green gatorade at the mo to replace my poor lost electrolytes, but it's really cos I'm all chamomilled out.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Everybody seems to be getting attacks this week!! new
      #231991 - 12/16/05 07:54 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I'm due for one. and believe me if you think D is bad, try evac. with C. UGH ... slow and painful.
I am the same with bathrooms. Gotta have the sink close by to run the cold water over my hand when I am about to pass out and to support my head.
Ah, the joys of IBS.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: AWWWWE, Nelly!! new
      #231993 - 12/16/05 07:55 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm sorry......At least you got 3! My doctor won't give me any!!! Mean Bastard!!!

I say we both switch doctors!!!

Hope you're feeling better this morning!!! I'm crampy....haven't had a BM yesterday because I took so much imodium. So, it will come out eventually, sometime today I suspect by the way my gut is cramping up right now.
*HUGS*!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: AWWWWE, Nelly!! new
      #231996 - 12/16/05 08:01 AM
Nelly

Yeah, timing is everything, anlikerm! I'm so glad I didn't have this attack at the work holiday party tomorrow. I just have to figure out what I can put in my stomach between now and then that my body won't be tempted to turn into 100mph poo. (Did I say that?)

Hey, if I could have a full service hospital pharmacy in my bathroom and a 24 hour emergency doctor at my disposal to prescribe me the darn things, there's no way anyone would deny me meds if they saw what my attacks look like!

All I want for xmas is a pez dispenser full of vics. And a large glass of spring water, ahh.

~nelly~

A sink is a MUST new
      #231998 - 12/16/05 08:05 AM
Nelly

Carol, you are so right. For me, there is certainly nothing better in the world than a cold, wet washcloth when I'm [thisclose] to passing out from the pain and heat! It's amazing what water can do to bring me back from the brink. (shaking head) I really don't know that anyone else truly understands what we go through...

~nelly~

Re: hehehehehe new
      #232014 - 12/16/05 08:35 AM
anlikerm

Me, too!!

It is a good thing that you didn't have that attack, tomorrow! Keep on the immodium!! Even though I haven't had a BM yet, today, I took mine, anyway. I know I will go later on and I only want to go ONCE!!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better, today!!

I don't even know what it feels like to NOT "feel" pain. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN GIVEN A PAIN PILL.

I cracked a rib in the Navy .....I couldn't even breathe......the pain was so intense I could not move!! They gave me Motrin!!! Bastards! I lived with that excruciating pain (with bronchitis) for over 4 months, waiting for my stupid rib to heal!!! It took FOREVER because I couldn't stop coughing!!!

I have never had a doctor tell me anything more than take Motrin or Tylenol. I don't understand why doctors are so bad about prescribing pain pills. Too many people abusing them, I guess.

It's probably a good thing that I have never been given any pain meds.

I would probably be addicted to ANYTHING that would take this pain away!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#232022 - 12/16/05 08:49 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I hear that. I was up three times last night in the middle of the night with WIIIICKED bad D cramps.. but no D.

I ended up calling in sick today bc I missed out on a lot of sleep and still feel pretty blah. Feeling guilty about it though. Am I the only lame one that feels guilty about calling out sick. The kicker is.. my job is an internship. I dont' even get paid!

--------------------

Re: Pain should be outlawed new
      #232023 - 12/16/05 08:50 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I think your bf needs a good SMACK upside the head! MEN! You know all of us here would be more than happy to give you a hug! Mushy! LOL!! I wish I had some Vicodine to spare, they wouldn't refil that one so I'm hording it like gold right now, luckily I can usually get by with one a day if I also take some tylenol later.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#232025 - 12/16/05 08:56 AM
anlikerm

I'm sorry you had an attack last night, too!?!

I think SOMETHING IS definitely in the air for soo many people to have an attack in the same week!!

GIRL, don't even worry about calling in! They don't pay you?? Well, don't worry about it.....they can learn to live without their "unpaid intern" for one day. Don't feel guilty, seriously. But, I know it's hard. I felt really guilty. I don't like to have to continuously call in sick so I just quit and then go back when I am stable enough that I can go a month without calling in sick again. I get the REALLY GUILTY feeling. I hate that....

Hope you feel better soon!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Excruciating total evac-- arg! new
      #232036 - 12/16/05 09:42 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Oh Nelly, I got your email this morning. I will reply to it later. Please take care of yourself. I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Take it easy and relax. I am happy that you are able to work from home.

Hang in there...

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5172

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review