All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
More hugs....many prayers....much love!! new
      #231242 - 12/13/05 11:03 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Oh Michelle, we are praying for you!! God has not left you alone! He is with you in every tear and every heartache! Hang in there, dear lady!! We are all pulling for you!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Big hugs, Michelle! Thinking of you today.--nt--- new
      #231245 - 12/13/05 11:18 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Tuesday seems a little harder new
      #231246 - 12/13/05 11:20 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I'd say where the velour sweatsuit on the plane.. you definitly need to be comfortable. Thats the most important thing.

We love you! Stay strong babe!

--------------------

Re: A dog to love new
      #231267 - 12/13/05 12:08 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Some of you may remember that I posted a few months ago about wanting a shih tzu puppy. Well, I think now is the time. I have been thinking about it for some months now so its not a complete hormonal decision but I think it will help to give me something to love for and care for. Here is the link http://shihtzusbymorrow.com/Nursery%20News.htm scroll down a couple and look at Jasmine. I talked to the lady who has her, she is 10 weeks old and ready for a home. I explained that we had our trip planned the 22nd-29 and she siad she would keep her until then no problem as she is part of the family. The "breeder" owns 7 shih tzus herself and 3 cats so the dog has been well socialized. Jasmine is paper trained, has full run of the house and is very happy. She believes that Jasmine will be about 9lbs fully grown and said she will make a wonderful companion.

I talked to WIll and he is all about it. He has thought it was a good idea many months ago and even mentioned it a few days ago. I know it won't replace my babies, I'm not fooling myself but I think it will help to have something to love and hold. I relaize this is a long term commitment and thats fine. Even if we do have a baby, I will still want the dog. My boss has said before if I got a small dog, I can bring it with me to the office everyday. This will be good so I won't be alone so much. I'm still very much hurting and I know thats not going to go away but if a little dog will help ease my pain, then why not. I need to call the lady back tomorrow and we can go out this weekend, she lives about 45 minutes away and meet Jasmine. If we decide she is the right dog for us, we can leave a deposit and pick her up as soon as we get back from our trip.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Hey Michele new
      #231268 - 12/13/05 12:22 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

First off BIG HUGS!! I'm sorry that today is so hard. It's such a process, that unfortunatly takes a lot of time.

As for the dog...I think that is a WONDERFUL idea. I think it would be perfect for you right now. Dogs are amazing at lifting the spirits!!! I'm really excited about this for you. ITs a great idea!! I think you should get Jasmine!!!!

I hope your appt goes well tonight and that you will get some helpful info. As for tomorrow....it may bring some sort of closure. And very good idea about having the nurse take you right back.

Big hugs!!! Take it easy girl!

--------------------

I think this is a great idea!!! Keep us posted!!! -nt- new
      #231277 - 12/13/05 12:49 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Yeah! What Ruch said! new
      #231279 - 12/13/05 01:06 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Don't worry about responding to us right now. We are here for YOU. You just focus on YOU right now. I agree with everyone - get yourself one of those cozy velour lounger outfits and wear it on the plane and everywhere else. Be comfortable.
Think of Tahoe as an escape. If the inlaws bug you, go take a nap. You need your rest. I should hope that they would be very supportive of you right now. Let's hope they are.

We all love you, sweetheart. Lean on us as much as you need to. You will get through this. It's going to be painful, but you're an incredibly strong woman and you can do it.
Take it a day, hour, minute, second at a time. Whatever you need.

Love and hugs and prayers,
Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: A dog to love new
      #231293 - 12/13/05 01:46 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Michelle,
I'm sorry you're in so much pain - both physically and in your heart - I'm sure the physical pain will heal faster than the heartache. We feel for you sweetheart. Just remember all of us think that you are an amazing woman and we know you will get through this - one day at a time and with all the support we can muster for you!

We'll be sending up prayers for your appointment tomorrow. I hope the doctors give you the meds you need.

Also, I think a dog would be a wonderful idea! You should do it!

Love ya' hun!

Mindy

Hey!! new
      #231296 - 12/13/05 01:48 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I was going to suggest this in my last post to you, but I didn't want you to think I thought it would replace a child for you, because I know, in no way, is it the same. But it IS something to love and devote attention to, and maybe having that little life depend on you will make you stronger. I'm actually right now looking for a dog too. Hard to find the kind I like that doesn't break the bank!

Good idea Michele!

--------------------

Brilliant idea!!! new
      #231298 - 12/13/05 01:54 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's such a good idea. Puppies are such amazing fun and company. And she will keep you VERY distracted from yourself.

Keep us posted....

PS. One tip (what I should've dine with Archie but didn't ): if you don't want the dog to sleep on your bed, get her a crate, put her bedding in it and then if she cries at night lots, bring the crate into your room but keep her in there so you can talk to her and comfort her from bed without actually being right there, so she can gradually get used to not sleeping in a pile of pups. We did it the other way round, sleeping by Archie's crate downstairs and he just got used to sleeping right by us!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 840 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2800

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review