All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I'm done with school!
      #230450 - 12/09/05 03:26 PM

Unregistered

I am officially done with classes forEVER!! Now all I have to do is my internship from Jan-May and then graduation May 6! Woohoo - I can't believe how time has flown though. This growing up stuff is a bit daunting.

Well I'm going to NYC next week to check out the interior design firm that offered me a job before I jump in and accept. And hopefully check out some potential places to live. So much to do! Just had to share my excitement though.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and not too cold if you're living anywhere other than here in Florida where it's like 75 today.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm done with school! new
      #230455 - 12/09/05 03:34 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Congrats!
I'm emailing you my phone number. I'll be in NYC till probably the 19th, would love to grab dinner / show you around, etc (even though I know you've been here before). I have exams until Thurs the 15th so not much free time before then. What are your plans?

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#230458 - 12/09/05 03:44 PM

Unregistered

Ooh goodie I'd love to meet up! My two friends are coming along too and we're a fun bunch. I'm there the 15th through late afternoon on Saturday the 17th. We could definitely grab dinner or meet up for something else. Thursday afternoon I'm meeting the owner of that firm, and then that's pretty much it so far. The next few days I'm going to research so I have some living options to investigate when I'm there.

We're definitely stopping by the good old Rockefeller tree since I've never seen in. Somehow I just miss it. And maybe checking out the view from that new viewing area they opened on top of the Rockefeller building.

How's the weather been by the way??

#230471 - 12/09/05 07:09 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

That is awesome that you're done and even better that you're seriously considering NY. This is a great town as you well know. You cannot go wrong here! Good luck and have a fantastic time in the city! Too bad Tina is not here yet, then we could all meet up!

--------------------

Re: the weather, Get your sweaters, gloves, winter coat, and boots out! -nt- new
      #230472 - 12/09/05 07:11 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

Congratulations, Brittany! new
      #230494 - 12/10/05 06:18 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

YAHOO! No more classes! I know you are excited about that. And your parents have to be excited about not making tuition payments anymore. (I can't wait for that!)

Good luck on your trip to New York. I hope you like the firm and if so, can find a suitable place to live.

Keep us updated! Can't wait to hear about the internship.

#230498 - 12/10/05 06:35 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Congratulations, Brittany. That's wonderful.
Hey, how are things going with those purses you designed? Any sales?
Terri

awesome!! new
      #230502 - 12/10/05 06:48 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

way to go girl!

make sure you pack warm clothes for your trip! In NYC its inevitable that you'll be outside A LOT!

--------------------

#230516 - 12/10/05 07:46 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

How exciting! I've been wanting to do the "view from the top of the rock" thing since it opened up too, it sounds like fun.

It's been F R E E Z I N G here. I'm not kidding, like 30ish every day and colder at night with the wind. Plan on dressing in layers, with gloves, a scarf, and a hat! Your best bet with layers is something synthetic on the bottom and then cotton / wool as you move to the outer layers. Especially if you are doing the tourist thing, you're going to be outside a lot! Also it's been pretty snowy/slushy here, so bring some shoes that you don't mind getting wet.

I drove by the tree the other night and it looks great. You're gonna have a great trip!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#230524 - 12/10/05 08:09 AM

Unregistered

Yeah I am excited - though I'm seriously doubting my abilities to handle the winter season up there. But I'm all about new experiences.

That is too bad that Tina won't be there, but if everything goes to plan then there will be plenty of time for us all to meet up soon

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 466 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4496

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review