All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some prayers this week.
      #23037 - 10/10/03 09:44 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Tomorrow I'm heading to Milwaukee for a funeral. My twin sister's mom (who was adopted into a different home from me) died last Sunday. I loved her mom - she was a really sweet lady and sister is taking it very hard. I need to go support her.

Also as a family we will be saying good-bye to my mother-n-law, Thelma, too. She is slipping into coma right now and she may be in coma by tomorrow. We are all sad, especially my husband.

Two weeks ago my kids and I had an awesome visit with her. She was alert and I almost said you look too good to be here (the Hospice), but I knew this is very common before someone dies. It is a great memory for my children and I got great pictures of her with my kids. I'm so thankful for the memory.

I have 40 hours of clinicals next week, plus three tests. I really need prayer for endurance.

Barb

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some prayers this week. new
      #23043 - 10/10/03 10:37 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Barbara,

My thoughts are with you in this devastating time. It is difficult enough dealing with one tragedy, but to be faced with two is truly a test of strength. What amazes me is that you are always able to find a positive hidden in the negatives (You said you were happy to get some pictures with Thelma and the kids).

Your positive outlook with be benefical to you and your family.

Please know, my thoughts are with you.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#23046 - 10/10/03 11:24 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Barb, I'm brand new to this board, so you don't know me, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm very sorry to hear about what you and your family have been going through lately. My grandmother had colon cancer and was certified hospice about a year ago, and even though she has since made a miraculous recovery and been taken off of hospice, I remember the agony of not knowing how much longer she would be with us. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers! Take care!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#23050 - 10/10/03 12:21 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Barbara,
I'm sorry to hear about your family members. You have a lot to bear right now. And with your school studies and 3 kids, I don't know how you do it. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs to you.
Love,
Beaglelover

You are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{hugs}}}} new
      #23056 - 10/10/03 12:43 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

#23098 - 10/10/03 07:17 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Barbara, I will absolutely be praying for you. What a lot to be dealing with at once! Let us know how it all turns out, esp with your mother in law. Hugs!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#23102 - 10/11/03 12:53 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh my God! What a lot for you to cope with! I am so sorry about your relatives. You will be in my thoughts this week. You are strong and I know you can cope, even though it will be hard.

Virtual hugs!

Linz

Will be praying for you! -nt- new
      #23103 - 10/11/03 07:05 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

#23217 - 10/12/03 08:07 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Thanks you all for your words of encouragement. The funeral was very sad and my poor sister cried the whole service.
My mother-n-law is an amazing woman!! Six weeks ago we were all told she had one to two weeks to live and she is still around. She does look very bad and she hasn't eaten food for a week and is given liquids when she can take them. She can't move anymore either.
My boys were so sweet and for the first time in a week she opened her eyes wide and smiled when she saw her grandchildren. Before we left my boys gave her a hug and said I love you.
My almost nine year old, Brandon, didn't sleep well last night and even crawled into a bed with with my husband and I. We talked about Grandma tonight and how he is feeling and I told him when he is feeling sad and scared he can always pray to God.
The good thing is my IBS has not flared up!

#23225 - 10/13/03 06:41 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Hearing you talk about her is bringing me to tears, my mother in law is so dear to us, I can't imagine. This is a part of life that is so hard but the Lord will be with her and you all, too. Thanks for sharing this sweet update.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 478 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1376

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review