All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello!
      #23028 - 10/10/03 09:08 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hello! This is my first time posting here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Kristen, although all my friends call me Kree. I'm a grad student from Upstate New York. As you can read on my bio, I was only diagnosed with IBS less than a year ago, although I've actually struggled with it for years. I have childhood memories of eating ice cream on an empty stomach and feeling like I was going to die. Of course, back then I just ignored it. Now I can't really do that, or I'd be miserable every day! Anyway, last December my IBS all of a sudden took a turn for the worse, and after months and months of getting every test imaginable I was told that since they couldn't find anything else it must be IBS, and was told to watch what I eat and sent away. Thank goodness I found this website, because without Heather's tips and suggestions I don't know what I would have done. I was clueless! But I took her advice and have been completely basing my diet around soluble fiber, not eating any dairy, etc., and even though I'm still having problems I know it's 100 times better than it would be if I was still cluelessly eating all sorts of dangerous foods. Anyway, sorry I'm rambling on, but I thought I'd give you a little background on my experiences. As for other things about me, I love to sing, listen to music, write poetry and short stories, bake, and take long car rides on a sunny day. Other than that, there's not much to tell! I'm so glad I finally found these message boards, and I can't wait to meet everyone here. Have a great day!

By the way, Heather, if you're reading this thank you so much! I don't know what I would have done without your website. I also bought Eating For IBS recently and I adore it. Thanks for everything you do!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello! new
      #23029 - 10/10/03 09:19 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Kree and welcome!!
Glad to hear you are feeling much better on Heather's diet -isn't she awesome!! You will find a lot of great info. and you can chat in the Living Room about anything that is non IBS related.
Good luck with school. At least you are only 24 - I turned 36 a couple of weeks ago and going back to school for Nursing. Alot easier to attend school when you are young and with no children.

Welcome Aboard! new
      #23034 - 10/10/03 09:30 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Welcome Aboard,

Heather is an amazing lady~no doubt about it!

I am sure you will enjoy the message boards and pick up some wonderful information and recipes.

Enjoy,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#23047 - 10/10/03 11:28 AM
Kree

Thanks for the welcome, Barb! You're right, it is a lot easier to go to school at this age, that's why I wanted to get it over with before I got a teaching job. I give you a lot of credit for going back to school now that you're already established and have a family. That takes a lot of guts. Good luck with it!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Welcome Aboard! new
      #23048 - 10/10/03 11:31 AM
Kree

Thanks for making me feel welcome, Lana_Marie! I'm sure I'll see you around.

--------------------

#23049 - 10/10/03 12:18 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hi, Kree!
Just wanted to welcome you to our discussion board. You will learn lots of suggestions for things to do and also learn what NOT to do (like eat a greasy sandwich loaded with cheese!) like I did at lunch today. Boy, am I feeling it now! Going to make a strong pot of peppermint tea and go for a walk while it's brewing. We all learn from each other---some faster than others! Ha!
Beaglelover

#23057 - 10/10/03 12:47 PM
Kree

Thanks, Beaglelover! I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Some things are just too tempting sometimes, aren't they?? I had greasy pancakes at a restaurant a couple of weeks ago, because I was craving them so much, and I regretted that, too. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------

Re: Welcome Aboard! new
      #23177 - 10/12/03 12:28 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi Kree!

Welcome to the boards! Am sure you will get get loads of tips and advice to help control your IBS. Happy posting!

Hugs
Morven

--------------------
Morven

Thanks! new
      #23215 - 10/12/03 08:02 PM
Kree

Thanks, Morven! I've already learned a bunch of things just by browsing through the Eating forum. What a great board this is!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 860 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1316

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review