Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I'm so glad you found us! new
      #225821 - 11/17/05 04:17 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Quote:

It sounds like you have a good handle on reading your body, which is going to help make you a proactive patient.

It's one of the things my doctor loves about me. Our visits take about 15-20 minutes max (and that really is a long one). I get there, tell her exactly what's going on, and say "Okay, doc. Whatcha think?" Compared to some of her other patients, she says I'm a breeze because I observe what's going on and how things changed.

I even took my input/output journal with me last time.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#225826 - 11/17/05 04:25 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Good for you! I do the same thing, writing things down, and sometime even reading off the page, lest I forget something, LOL! It really pays off big to be proactive about your health, and I can tell you're a smart cookie and get it in a big way. I know it's easy to get derailed, especially when stress and life get in the way, so I hope you don't get discouraged. I lean on the boards here a lot when that happens, and it's very comforting to know that every here knows what I'm going through, because they've been through it themselves!!

~nelly~

#225879 - 11/17/05 07:21 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

It's always nice to know there are others out there in the same boat.

I guess I can thank/blame my mom for my being so proactive. She always was big on letting doctors know exactly what you're experiencing. How can they treat you properly if ya don't?

Now that I know what I'm facing, discouragement is unlikely. Discouraging was this popping up again in September after thinking it was gone a year before. But knowing really is half the battle.

Now.... if I can just stay the hell away from the chips and dip Sunday nights.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 733

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review