All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP!!!! colon cleanse
      #225407 - 11/16/05 10:42 AM
ajserna2

Reged: 10/17/05
Loc: Illinois

I was wondering if anyone has tried colon cleansing before? Also if there is any relief from it? Please respond if anyone has any suggestions or can reccomend a good kind! I suffer from IBS with severe constipation!
Thank you so much!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP!!!! colon cleanse new
      #225408 - 11/16/05 11:02 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there!

Folks have tried them...do a search for several company names and you should find something. You can also just put in "colon cleanse" in your search.

Heather doesn't condone them saying they can mess up your GI system. If you do decide to do one, please be careful.

Hope this helps...and that you feel better soon :-)

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

NOT a good idea with IBS... new
      #225418 - 11/16/05 12:06 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but if you have C and have found the diet hasn't helped, talk to your doc about having a Sitz Marker test to check if it's slow transit colon. There are quite a few things that get misdiagnosed as IBS-C and that need different treatment from IBS.

Re: NOT a good idea with IBS... new
      #225426 - 11/16/05 12:23 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I still don't know the difference between IBS-C and regular C? Or why the treatments are different.

Is the Sitz marker test the only way to know? My doc won't do one, but won't say if I have IBS or not either.

Constipation new
      #225600 - 11/17/05 05:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

The Sitz Marker test is *the* test to check for Slow Transit Constipation. I don't know how a GI would test for chronic constipation as opposed to IBS-C...the difference would be in the reaction of the gut to stimuli (IBS guts over react big time) but that's not exactly a simple test! The difference in terms of treatment is that with CC, you can use laxatives that you can't with IBS (b/c of the over-reacting gut).

Re: HELP!!!! colon cleanse new
      #225714 - 11/17/05 11:49 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hi there,
I use a colon cleanse & am IBS-C. It's called Super Colon Cleanse. It's by a company called Health Plus. My GI recomended it. Matter of fact he recomends it to most of his patients who suffer w/ IBS-C. I've been on it for about a year & a half. They have a website at www.HealthPlusInc.com Keeps me pretty regular. I also find that excersize is crucial. Remeber to keep up w/ the fluid intake too. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 982 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 981

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review