All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Been made redundant!
      #224711 - 11/14/05 12:57 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Some of you know that I've been on sick leave for the last few weeks b/c of my Fibro and CFS. Well now my company has made me redundant! It seems a major client I dealt with has stopped their contract so most of my work is gone. Not surprisingly as my boss was useless at arranging cover for my sick leave!

I'm not sure that I'm upset at all. My boss is such a muppet I wasn't looking to stay there very long...and it seems unlikely that I would've been up to doing that job for a long time.

Just not sure what to do now...either try and find a p/t job I can do or try for disability. I'm going to the Citizens Advice Bureau on Thursday so I'll see what they say.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Been made redundant! new
      #224712 - 11/14/05 01:58 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Oh no!! That's a horrible thing to start out your Monday morning with!

Still, if you're not that heartbroken about leaving the job, maybe this is the opportunity to move on to something more up you alley. Good luck with your meeting on Thursday!

- Vincent

Re: Been made redundant! new
      #224759 - 11/14/05 07:56 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

THis is just extra stress you don't need right now! I hope they can give you some good advice at your meeting. Hugs.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Keep us updated on the situation, Linz new
      #224785 - 11/14/05 08:58 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm not sure what would be best for you. It feels good to be able to work, doesn't it. Like the illness isn't taking over your life. But on the other hand, if you need to take the time off to take care of yourself, then you must do what is best for your health and your life!

Let us know how things work out!

PS. You'll never be made redundant on these boards! We'll always need ya!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I love the "differences" in our language... new
      #224860 - 11/14/05 12:24 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

reading your posts gives me so much joy! I think "I don't give a toss" is my favorite "Linzism"!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Aw Linz! new
      #224907 - 11/14/05 02:40 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Linz,

**big hugs**
I am sorry you are going through this right now, and that you are feeling low today anyway!
Job stess and money stress are just awful, so I know how icky you must feel and I really hope that things turn around.
Hopefully, if your boss really was just a tosser anyway, this might be a blessing in disguise and you'll find a job somewhere that you'll feel better about. You never know, right?
Let us know what kind of advice you get at the bureau, hopefully they'll be able to help you get sorted.

Good luck, and big hugs! You'll pull through, we'll give you a little tug whenever you need it.

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4467 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 560

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review