Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Changing my username new
      #224468 - 11/12/05 02:17 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I didn't see that post, but if you're concerned about people searching for you and finding this board, you probably shouldn't use your -full- name. For instance, I usually sign with my first name, but there are so many 'Vincents' on the web that finding any particular post through a search engine, unless you knew exactly what you're looking for, is pretty close to impossible.

Likewise, image searches (since you mentioned taking down your pic) only work through related text on the page, so once again, so long as you don't have your full name anywhere, you should be alright.

- Vincent

#224482 - 11/12/05 08:00 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I didn't mean to scare you, Shelby. I miss seeing your name up there. I see you as Shelby now, not Webb. I would have used Beth as my user name, but someone already had it.

I think what Ruchie said in her post is true...you can't live your life in fear. It's a personal decision that each of us has to make for ourselves though. I still haven't had the nerve to post an actual picture...partly because I don't have access to a digital camera, partly because I'm shy, partly because I know being with IBS who are not nice and would share my deep dark secrets/fears/ etc with other people we know. I know I shouldn't care, but I do.

I don't know...you just need to do what you feel comfortable with I guess. I would miss seeing your face though! Just like I miss seeing Ruchie and Maria! But a face cannot reflect what's inside the person which is truly how we grow closer and develop bonds with one another. Words are stronger indications of what a person is really like inside more than a picture that only reflects the outer appearance we were born with.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#224492 - 11/12/05 08:52 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey S! I've missed talking with you terribly! I've had a roug month full of bed and depreession, and I'm just climbing out of it now and getting back on the boards. It's so nice to see your smiling face!

I think it used to be there wasn't a lot of anonymity on the web, but now that there are a lot of people on it and if you have a traditional name, it's a lot harder to find a particular person with limited info. I used to be extremely searchable, but now it's even hard to for my friends to find me without at least a little work.

But the one thing that worries me is posting full names and cities and states of newborn children. They're a lot more susceptable to having their identies stolen as they come out with clean credit and bright shiny new social security numbers.

~nelly~

Nelly *DELETED* new
      #224557 - 11/12/05 08:19 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: Nelly new
      #224896 - 11/14/05 02:20 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm so happy to hear that work is going well for you! Is it a new owner to the previous company, or did you leave your position for another one? I'm glad you're getting some respect for the hard work you've put in. You deserve it, babe!!!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 633

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review