All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Appointment with high risk obgyn update!
      #224276 - 11/11/05 08:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Will and I met the new doctor yesterday. He seems really nice. He is very soft spoken and really seem to LISTEN to me! We had his undivided attention for 2.5 hours! He did an exam and reviewed my records. We talked for a long while. He feels everything is progressing very well at this point. He went over the increased risk of complications with identical twins and seemed ok with our decision not to do genetic testing. He is sending me for an echocardiogram next week because of heart palpatations I've been having. My heart rate gets pretty high for no reason. He thinks its just my body adjusting to the higher blood flow right now but wants to be on the safe side. He is also sending me to see a nutrionist. He's like to keep my weight gain to 40 pounds. He ran a bunch of blood tests, checking thyroid and screening for some of the connective tissue dieseases. He seemed very thorough.

He wants me on "restricted" activities right now. No more than 30 minutes of house light house work at a time. No more than 60 minutes of walking or shopping at a time. He also wants me to work only 20 hours a week. That just isn't financially possible for us right now. He didn't push the issue but said that I need to be prepared to cut back work in the months to come. He said most mothers of twins do end up on bedrest for a few weeks before its all said and done.

I'll go back in 3 weeks and have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. He will monitor me closely and all in all, I feel good about him.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Appointment with high risk obgyn update! new
      #224278 - 11/11/05 08:25 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

wow michele! he sounds like a great doctor, and as though he's really looking out for you.

would your boss be understanding in the event that you have to go on bed rest? will you continue to work after the twins are born?

Congrats on getting in to see a fabulous doctor!

--------------------

#224282 - 11/11/05 08:36 AM
michele

My boss has been good so far, he knows how much I want these babies and how hard I worked for them. Its just hard because there isn't anyone else to work right now. We talked a little this morning and agreed that right after the holidays we would look in earnest. I'm thinking that in a couple of months, I will have to cut my hours back. So, if I can find someone to work a day or two a week until I'm put on bed rest, than take over full time. I plan to take 6-8 weeks off postpardum but yes, I will need to come back to work as we can't survive on one paycheck for long! Anyone know anyone in Mi you would be interested in working at an eye doctors office??

--------------------

#224288 - 11/11/05 08:59 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Great start!! Sounds like you have a good doctor! I've only had one friend deliver twins, and I can't remember why, but they put her to bed at about 6 months - totally! So I hope things work themselves out as time goes along. You have an awful lot to consider!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#224300 - 11/11/05 10:52 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Michele! I am just so glad things seem to be going your way *hugs*

I hope you and your babies stay healthy and may the right person be found to do your job for you while you're away taking care of you and your babies!! *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#224306 - 11/11/05 11:26 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Sounds like you found the right Dr. for the job. The babies are more important than $$$$. I know it's hard when you don't have enough, but you'll find a way. Take care.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

thats good news.. new
      #224325 - 11/11/05 12:02 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but also bad.. you may need to look into your disability insurance.. it may cover working part time due to medical... good luck!

I have 2 coworkers with difficult pregnancies now.. one is on full medical and theother works 4 hour days... both covered by disability for the difference.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#224342 - 11/11/05 12:23 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Wow sounds like a wonderful appt!!! Have your hear about not drinking peppermint tea and heating up your lunch meat??

I'm so happy for you. That 12 week U/S will be so much fun!! Those baby's are going to be soooo much bigger by then. I loved my 12 wk U/S!!!

HUGS!!! Please do take it easy....OH did he give you any anti nausea meds?? Are you throwing up or just feel like you need to? Have you tried ginger tea?? I never could gag it down

Have a great weekend!!

--------------------

#224344 - 11/11/05 12:30 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

2.5 hours?!? That's GREAT! He sounds great Michele. I'm glad he'll be there for you this whole time! Take it easy like he said - hopefully you won't have to be on bedrest at the end!

I kinda remember you saying your boss would let you take a baby to work? Am I way off? I wonder what he'd say now about TWO babies! Haha.

Anyways - I'm so happy you have a doctor now, and everything looks good - this is all just so incredible! I'm thrilled for you!

--------------------
~Cara~

#224378 - 11/11/05 01:31 PM
michele

Thanks Steph, yep, I've been nuking the little bit of lunch meat I have eaten! I'm not a big tea fan so thats not an issue and I've not taken any of the peppermint caps either, just to be safe!

He didn't want to give me any medication because of my history. He said as long as I was keeping down more food than I was throwing up that he felt it best for me to just grin and bear it! Well, ok, netter to be safe than sorry! I've actually only barfed a few times. Most of the time it just feels like its in my throat and could come out at any second but usually doesn't!

I'm so excited about the next u/s!!!! I just can't wait!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1368 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1670

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review