All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Ok, I need some input....a girlie issue related to bc pills new
      #223955 - 11/09/05 02:11 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hi! I was on the pill for five years and in the last year I kept getting infections 'down there'. my sex drive went to that of a grandma (I am usually pretty sexual)..it was awful...I just got married at the time and all I wanted was to drink hot chocolate and knit....my poor husband. Within a few DAYS of going off it I hate a huge sex drive...it then went away and came back etc...it took about 4 months for me to return to myself...and now I feel amazing...no more infections...If you were to ask my advice I would say go off the pill. Now I know my body on and off it, I will never go on it again. But thats just my opinion. Good luck!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OMG Michele! new
      #223956 - 11/09/05 02:12 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

The things us ladies do to have our children..and to have them healthy!!! WOW! I give you a LOT of credit!!

Hope the nausea is a bit better for you during your app. tom.

Love ya,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh, WOW! Dalia, is this true? new
      #223957 - 11/09/05 02:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

is this really true?

When you say infenctions, do you mean yeast?

Do you think it can make moods worse?

Also, do you believe there might be a connection between interstitial cystitis and the pill? I have IC and it is AWFUL! (Talk about keeping hubby and I from being intimate )

Maybe I should go off it (been having a hunch for a while...)

In some ways I'm too scared to go off it b/c it's supposed to help my moods...

As a woman with bipolar, anxiety, and mild OCD...do you think it could actually IMPROVE my moods to be off the pill?

I trust you more than any allopathic doc out there, that's for sure!

Thanks *hugs* GREAT to see you here

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ok, I need some input....a girlie issue related to bc pills new
      #224018 - 11/10/05 01:53 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You may want to consider a progesterone only bc like Depo or Implanon...I've been on one then another for years now and love them. With the Depo I had no cycle at all so no PMS (yay! ) and with the Implanon (less hormones) I have a slight cycle but nothing like a full-on one. Sex drive not a problem on them IMHO (wish I could say the same about a-d's!)!

Thank you for this! new
      #224033 - 11/10/05 05:56 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

My husband is urging me to come off the pills too. I am like Ruchie, quite worried about my mood changes coming off of it. However, where I am now is NOT me, and I don't like it! I may be perimenepausal as I started my cycles when I was only 10 - talked to my mom about it lastnight, she's an RN - so I guess it will be off to the doctor to get some hormone levels checked to make sure something isn't wacky besides my hormones and then I guess I'll say bye-bye to convenient birth control.

It really scares me. I CANNNNN NOOOOT get pregnant!! Oh the joys of womanhood!! GRRRRR!!

P.S. I had heat waves for over 3 hours yesterday!!! Thought I would burst into flames!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1983

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review