All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
I'm Alive.... Very Stressed....Bad IBS...Need To Vent
      #223709 - 11/08/05 11:32 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sorry I have not been around much...I have a lot of posts to catch up on too.

I'm alive.... very stressed....bad IBS (really bad bloating, I'm drinking fennel tea like it is going out of style)....feeling FAT and disgusted with myself.... *see below

I took Mom Monday to get her staples out of her leg, she is doing really good. When I got to work after that the computer guy had not been there yet (I called him Friday) because I had a virus. Anyway....I was not able to do any of my normal work so I've been really busy today too.

Shane is leaving Wed morning for LA for business again...and will not be back until Sat.

I've been asked to help pack my Grandma (I'm going to do that on Friday because it is my only free time between now and after Thanksgiving) her new apartment upstairs is going to be ready the weekend after Thanksgiving (um...HELLO...I'll be shopping).... My Aunt will help me for a few hours.....not sure of the rest of the family, I know my Mom & Dad can't help and my Sister is way busy too with work.

Shane parents are in town next weekend.....still not sure which days....would LOVE to know.

THEN I also find out that Grandma (the same one that is moving) is going to be having a full knee replacement surgery in DECEMBER...what the HELL is she thinking?!?!?!? So again I'm gonna have to deal with all that crap too!! I'M NOT HAPPY!!

I have not even started Christmas shopping.... and I MUST get back to the gym 6 days a week instead of this twice a week crap.... I NEED THE GYM!!

Shane's Bday is the 21st and I don't know what to get him either....nor the money to anyway....but still...he is my husband! LOL

I went to the gym to do kickboxing last night....my legs are killing me!! I've only been able to make the gym on Thurs & Sat for the last two weeks due to Mommy Duty. I have a Heather "Class" tonight that I have missed the last two weeks.... but I don't know if I want to go or if I want to go straight home since Shane flys out at 5:45am in the morning?

And to top it ALL OFF... I will be home alone on the nights of the 10th (PM) & 11th (early AM) which if you guys are not aware of is the anniversary dates of when I got robbed and stabbed years ago.... I have not mentioned it to anyone else (I know if on the minds of my Parents but they don't bring it up unless I do first) and don't want Shane to feel even worse about leaving. So, I just have to buck up and be a big girl!!

And....I'm PMS'ing too!!

OK..... I'm done venting! Thanks for reading.......

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Everything at once, huh? new
      #223716 - 11/08/05 12:02 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm so sorry, Shell. I don't even really have anything adequate to say about any of it, esp. the anniversary, but I just wanted you to know that I'll be thinking of you through all of it. *hugs*

Re: I'm Alive.... Very Stressed....Bad IBS...Need To Vent new
      #223717 - 11/08/05 12:03 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey girl, sorry to hear your having such a crazy time. Remember to tak a few deep breaths every now & then. I'll be prayin' for ya. Wish I could do more for ya. Anything you can think of that I'm able to help with, let me know.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#223720 - 11/08/05 12:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ohhh Shell *hugs* *hugs *hugs*

First of all, I would check out flylady.net She is REALLY helping me through my bipolar downs right now

Second, I am e-mailing you my phone number and you can call me whenever you get scared (I have been violated so I can offer some support in that area). Hubby is leaving on b-day this year VOLUNTARILY to go on a road trip (he didn't come to NY with me when I changed my name, long story--and now he's leaving on my b-day...)....so we can cry together, ok?

So I am TOTALY here for you *hugs* and we ALLLLLLL love you!

As far as Grandma...do you have siblings that can help out (I'm guessing no...but I thought I'd ask anyway). Does she have friends...anyone?

You POOR thing! ! !

Def. check out flylady (FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself). and for now...I am making you a BIG pot of fennel tea, lighting you candles, just put your feet up on this chair...that's it! and we are going on a mini vaca, you and me, to a SPA! ! ! !

Love you tons,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Wow, Shell....poor you! new
      #223729 - 11/08/05 12:33 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

No wonder you're IBS is going bonkers. You have a busy and stressful month ahead of you.

Sounds cliche, but just take it one day at a time. I don't know if you are religious, but it sometimes helps if I ask God, first thing when I wake up, to give me strength to handle anything that comes my way during the day.

We are all here for you...so take advantage of us! That's an order! We'll help you get through this, even if it's just by listening and keeping you company.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

*HUGS* new
      #223734 - 11/08/05 12:46 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this! You're in my thoughts, and my email box is always open!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#223738 - 11/08/05 01:04 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, sweetie. Stress overload!!!! I'm so sorry everything around you is so nuts. No wonder your stomach's in a knot!!! As for Shane's B-Day, do you think he'd be happy with a romantic home cooked meal and a glass of wine with a rented movie? I know my hubby has no real need for me to go out and buy him things - I do stuff like that all the time.
As for your Grandma - call in the family, dammit!!! You should NOT be the only one dealing with all this!
Hugs, sweetheart! I wish I could help you.
Hang in there!
PS - Christmas tip - I have to do a premeditated Christmas now - I have no time and no hands to carry bags with 2 kids. I make a list of everyone I have to buy for and figure out what I'm going to buy. I buy from Chapters.ca, Sears.com, and have as much of it delivered as I can. Then, I power shop. Go to the mall with THE LIST and just buy it.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#223741 - 11/08/05 01:12 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

*hugs Shell* I am sorry you are having it so tough right now. Sometimes it seems like it all comes on at once. You sound like me with stress in that it is when my IBS is the WORST! I wish we lived closer then we could go and work out together. Blow off some steam. If you need someone on those days please e-mail me this week and I'll give you my number. You can call anytime anyday!

Shell!! Hang in there! Man, you have a LOT on your plate!!! new
      #223744 - 11/08/05 01:15 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Sending you hugs and prayers for strength! I'm glad your mom is doing better! Hang in there!! We're here for you!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Shell new
      #223746 - 11/08/05 01:21 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I know the robbed things...I was robbed in a classic bank robbery, just like it happens in the movies. It is just recently (10 years later) that I cannot remember the exact day in June though I do remember it was 1995 and at 2:35 pm! You will get beyond that trauma...if you let the robber get to you every anniversary then he wins and he isn't worth the effort or anxiety.

Do something to take your mind off of it or take a kick boxing class that night and bash his brains out "in your imagination" of course!

I am so sorry that happened to you...I have been there...it stinks.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6262

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review