All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I'm Alive.... Very Stressed....Bad IBS...Need To Vent
      #223709 - 11/08/05 11:32 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sorry I have not been around much...I have a lot of posts to catch up on too.

I'm alive.... very stressed....bad IBS (really bad bloating, I'm drinking fennel tea like it is going out of style)....feeling FAT and disgusted with myself.... *see below

I took Mom Monday to get her staples out of her leg, she is doing really good. When I got to work after that the computer guy had not been there yet (I called him Friday) because I had a virus. Anyway....I was not able to do any of my normal work so I've been really busy today too.

Shane is leaving Wed morning for LA for business again...and will not be back until Sat.

I've been asked to help pack my Grandma (I'm going to do that on Friday because it is my only free time between now and after Thanksgiving) her new apartment upstairs is going to be ready the weekend after Thanksgiving (um...HELLO...I'll be shopping).... My Aunt will help me for a few hours.....not sure of the rest of the family, I know my Mom & Dad can't help and my Sister is way busy too with work.

Shane parents are in town next weekend.....still not sure which days....would LOVE to know.

THEN I also find out that Grandma (the same one that is moving) is going to be having a full knee replacement surgery in DECEMBER...what the HELL is she thinking?!?!?!? So again I'm gonna have to deal with all that crap too!! I'M NOT HAPPY!!

I have not even started Christmas shopping.... and I MUST get back to the gym 6 days a week instead of this twice a week crap.... I NEED THE GYM!!

Shane's Bday is the 21st and I don't know what to get him either....nor the money to anyway....but still...he is my husband! LOL

I went to the gym to do kickboxing last night....my legs are killing me!! I've only been able to make the gym on Thurs & Sat for the last two weeks due to Mommy Duty. I have a Heather "Class" tonight that I have missed the last two weeks.... but I don't know if I want to go or if I want to go straight home since Shane flys out at 5:45am in the morning?

And to top it ALL OFF... I will be home alone on the nights of the 10th (PM) & 11th (early AM) which if you guys are not aware of is the anniversary dates of when I got robbed and stabbed years ago.... I have not mentioned it to anyone else (I know if on the minds of my Parents but they don't bring it up unless I do first) and don't want Shane to feel even worse about leaving. So, I just have to buck up and be a big girl!!

And....I'm PMS'ing too!!

OK..... I'm done venting! Thanks for reading.......

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Everything at once, huh? new
      #223716 - 11/08/05 12:02 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm so sorry, Shell. I don't even really have anything adequate to say about any of it, esp. the anniversary, but I just wanted you to know that I'll be thinking of you through all of it. *hugs*

Re: I'm Alive.... Very Stressed....Bad IBS...Need To Vent new
      #223717 - 11/08/05 12:03 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey girl, sorry to hear your having such a crazy time. Remember to tak a few deep breaths every now & then. I'll be prayin' for ya. Wish I could do more for ya. Anything you can think of that I'm able to help with, let me know.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#223720 - 11/08/05 12:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ohhh Shell *hugs* *hugs *hugs*

First of all, I would check out flylady.net She is REALLY helping me through my bipolar downs right now

Second, I am e-mailing you my phone number and you can call me whenever you get scared (I have been violated so I can offer some support in that area). Hubby is leaving on b-day this year VOLUNTARILY to go on a road trip (he didn't come to NY with me when I changed my name, long story--and now he's leaving on my b-day...)....so we can cry together, ok?

So I am TOTALY here for you *hugs* and we ALLLLLLL love you!

As far as Grandma...do you have siblings that can help out (I'm guessing no...but I thought I'd ask anyway). Does she have friends...anyone?

You POOR thing! ! !

Def. check out flylady (FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself). and for now...I am making you a BIG pot of fennel tea, lighting you candles, just put your feet up on this chair...that's it! and we are going on a mini vaca, you and me, to a SPA! ! ! !

Love you tons,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Wow, Shell....poor you! new
      #223729 - 11/08/05 12:33 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

No wonder you're IBS is going bonkers. You have a busy and stressful month ahead of you.

Sounds cliche, but just take it one day at a time. I don't know if you are religious, but it sometimes helps if I ask God, first thing when I wake up, to give me strength to handle anything that comes my way during the day.

We are all here for you...so take advantage of us! That's an order! We'll help you get through this, even if it's just by listening and keeping you company.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

*HUGS* new
      #223734 - 11/08/05 12:46 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this! You're in my thoughts, and my email box is always open!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#223738 - 11/08/05 01:04 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, sweetie. Stress overload!!!! I'm so sorry everything around you is so nuts. No wonder your stomach's in a knot!!! As for Shane's B-Day, do you think he'd be happy with a romantic home cooked meal and a glass of wine with a rented movie? I know my hubby has no real need for me to go out and buy him things - I do stuff like that all the time.
As for your Grandma - call in the family, dammit!!! You should NOT be the only one dealing with all this!
Hugs, sweetheart! I wish I could help you.
Hang in there!
PS - Christmas tip - I have to do a premeditated Christmas now - I have no time and no hands to carry bags with 2 kids. I make a list of everyone I have to buy for and figure out what I'm going to buy. I buy from Chapters.ca, Sears.com, and have as much of it delivered as I can. Then, I power shop. Go to the mall with THE LIST and just buy it.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#223741 - 11/08/05 01:12 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

*hugs Shell* I am sorry you are having it so tough right now. Sometimes it seems like it all comes on at once. You sound like me with stress in that it is when my IBS is the WORST! I wish we lived closer then we could go and work out together. Blow off some steam. If you need someone on those days please e-mail me this week and I'll give you my number. You can call anytime anyday!

Shell!! Hang in there! Man, you have a LOT on your plate!!! new
      #223744 - 11/08/05 01:15 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Sending you hugs and prayers for strength! I'm glad your mom is doing better! Hang in there!! We're here for you!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Shell new
      #223746 - 11/08/05 01:21 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I know the robbed things...I was robbed in a classic bank robbery, just like it happens in the movies. It is just recently (10 years later) that I cannot remember the exact day in June though I do remember it was 1995 and at 2:35 pm! You will get beyond that trauma...if you let the robber get to you every anniversary then he wins and he isn't worth the effort or anxiety.

Do something to take your mind off of it or take a kick boxing class that night and bash his brains out "in your imagination" of course!

I am so sorry that happened to you...I have been there...it stinks.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Everything at once, huh? new
      #223747 - 11/08/05 01:24 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm so sorry, Shell. I don't even really have anything adequate to say about any of it, esp. the anniversary, but I just wanted you to know that I'll be thinking of you through all of it. *hugs*

Thanks Casey!! I'm holding on to those hugs!!

--------------------

#223748 - 11/08/05 01:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey girl, sorry to hear your having such a crazy time. Remember to tak a few deep breaths every now & then. I'll be prayin' for ya. Wish I could do more for ya. Anything you can think of that I'm able to help with, let me know.

Thanks Kee..... I'm taking deep breaths now...... AAwwwwww.....

--------------------

#223751 - 11/08/05 01:30 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ohhh Shell *hugs* *hugs *hugs*

First of all, I would check out flylady.net She is REALLY helping me through my bipolar downs right now

Second, I am e-mailing you my phone number and you can call me whenever you get scared (I have been violated so I can offer some support in that area). Hubby is leaving on b-day this year VOLUNTARILY to go on a road trip (he didn't come to NY with me when I changed my name, long story--and now he's leaving on my b-day...)....so we can cry together, ok?

So I am TOTALY here for you *hugs* and we ALLLLLLL love you!

As far as Grandma...do you have siblings that can help out (I'm guessing no...but I thought I'd ask anyway). Does she have friends...anyone?

You POOR thing! ! !

Def. check out flylady (FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself). and for now...I am making you a BIG pot of fennel tea, lighting you candles, just put your feet up on this chair...that's it! and we are going on a mini vaca, you and me, to a SPA! ! ! !

Love you tons,

Ruch

Thanks Ruch.... I don't really have PTSD too bad.... just kinda on my mind more in the month of November. Most of the other months I get pissed most of the time and telling them to go kindly F themselves (there was 2 brothers)....not outloud or directly too them...but it helps!

As for Grandma... my Sister does not get along with her so no. And her kids WILL help.... (my aunt with me this weekend) but it is all just bad timing...... I would love to just spend a weekend at home and CHILL and not have a full plate....

Thanks for your email.....

--------------------

Re: Wow, Shell....poor you! new
      #223752 - 11/08/05 01:31 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

No wonder you're IBS is going bonkers. You have a busy and stressful month ahead of you.

Sounds cliche, but just take it one day at a time. I don't know if you are religious, but it sometimes helps if I ask God, first thing when I wake up, to give me strength to handle anything that comes my way during the day.

We are all here for you...so take advantage of us! That's an order! We'll help you get through this, even if it's just by listening and keeping you company.

Thanks Beth...

Yes, I have a few stressful months ahead.... one day at a time sounds good. I'll take that order too!

--------------------

Re: *HUGS* new
      #223753 - 11/08/05 01:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this! You're in my thoughts, and my email box is always open!

Thanks Melissa.....

--------------------

#223754 - 11/08/05 01:36 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awww shell you definitly have a sucky month ahead of you! I hope this doens't get you down and you'll soon return to your bubbly self.. although its completely understandable why this could take time.

As for shanes birthday and conserving money you could always take him out to his fave resturant, cook his fave meal, make a mix tape of the songs you love as a couple, make a cute little scrapbook with all your favorite pics, and you could take the opportunity when he's gone to make those so he'll never find out until the big day.

--------------------

#223757 - 11/08/05 01:39 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Oh, sweetie. Stress overload!!!! I'm so sorry everything around you is so nuts. No wonder your stomach's in a knot!!! As for Shane's B-Day, do you think he'd be happy with a romantic home cooked meal and a glass of wine with a rented movie? I know my hubby has no real need for me to go out and buy him things - I do stuff like that all the time.
As for your Grandma - call in the family, dammit!!! You should NOT be the only one dealing with all this!
Hugs, sweetheart! I wish I could help you.
Hang in there!
PS - Christmas tip - I have to do a premeditated Christmas now - I have no time and no hands to carry bags with 2 kids. I make a list of everyone I have to buy for and figure out what I'm going to buy. I buy from Chapters.ca, Sears.com, and have as much of it delivered as I can. Then, I power shop. Go to the mall with THE LIST and just buy it.

Yes Alicia.... major overload!! I'm gonna look for a DVD to buy him.... one comes to mind... we will do dinner and who knows whatelse...it is on a Monday. Maybe we will celebrate it the weekend after Thanksgiving?

As for Grandma....... the family has been called.... I will do what I can this weekend...and then the rest is up to them to get her packed. I'm the only grandchild helping right now...but I'm sure 3 others will too when they come with their folks (my aunts & uncles)... one uncle lives to far away... so there will still be others besides myself to get what I don't get done finished. NOW (as of an hour ago, the moving date might be changed to the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving).... but I'm still not availalble cuz Shane's parents will be in town.

I have a Christmas list....I just have not had any time nor money to start yet.

--------------------

#223758 - 11/08/05 01:41 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

*hugs Shell* I am sorry you are having it so tough right now. Sometimes it seems like it all comes on at once. You sound like me with stress in that it is when my IBS is the WORST! I wish we lived closer then we could go and work out together. Blow off some steam. If you need someone on those days please e-mail me this week and I'll give you my number. You can call anytime anyday!

Thanks Angela I could use a workout partner..... yes, I have your email addy...thanks!

--------------------

Re: Shell!! Hang in there! Man, you have a LOT on your plate!!! new
      #223759 - 11/08/05 01:42 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Sending you hugs and prayers for strength! I'm glad your mom is doing better! Hang in there!! We're here for you!

Thanks Kim.... i'm holding onto that hugs and prayers big time!!

--------------------

Re: Shell new
      #223760 - 11/08/05 01:49 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I know the robbed things...I was robbed in a classic bank robbery, just like it happens in the movies. It is just recently (10 years later) that I cannot remember the exact day in June though I do remember it was 1995 and at 2:35 pm! You will get beyond that trauma...if you let the robber get to you every anniversary then he wins and he isn't worth the effort or anxiety.

Do something to take your mind off of it or take a kick boxing class that night and bash his brains out "in your imagination" of course!

I am so sorry that happened to you...I have been there...it stinks.

Sorry to hear that you were robbed too Rachel ... it sucks!!

I know... what you mean about not letting them win.... and I don't... they are just on my mind.... but I will end up getting PISSED about it... Nov is just a harder month.... I think it is worse because it was premeditated murder...(thank goodness I fought back and got the butcher knife away from one of them) and I KNEW the guys.... they were people I used to work with and socialize with... not just a stranger. Anyway.... the @$$holes are in jail so I'm not gonna worry about it... it just makes me made when I think about it.

I will be working out with PT Heather on Thurs... and I'll be packing boxes on Friday.

--------------------

#223761 - 11/08/05 01:51 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

awww shell you definitly have a sucky month ahead of you! I hope this doens't get you down and you'll soon return to your bubbly self.. although its completely understandable why this could take time.

As for shanes birthday and conserving money you could always take him out to his fave resturant, cook his fave meal, make a mix tape of the songs you love as a couple, make a cute little scrapbook with all your favorite pics, and you could take the opportunity when he's gone to make those so he'll never find out until the big day.

Hey Ashley....I'll be back to my bubbly self in time.... I just really needed to vent and I really helped...you guys are all wonderful!!

I think I have figured out what to do for Shane's bday

--------------------

Oh gosh.... new
      #223762 - 11/08/05 02:00 PM
poochibelly

premeditated? Bless your heart. I am glad that you survived. You are blessed!

The losers who robbed me are in prison for 55 years. It's gonna be awhile before they see the light of day. The sad part is one of them had a daughter who will never have her dad walk her down the aisle.

--------------------

haha are you keeping it top secret!?!?! -nt- new
      #223770 - 11/08/05 02:11 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#223771 - 11/08/05 02:14 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh dear, lots going on for you. Its no wonder why your tummy is in a tizzy! I did all my x-mas shopping last year on-line because I was on crutches and wasn't about to hobble around the crowded stores! As for the "anniversary," I can only imagine how difficult that is for you. Big, big hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

OH MY, Shell...... new
      #223812 - 11/08/05 04:23 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I'm sorry you are so stressed out but I can certainly understand why. There's lots of stuff going on.

On those two nights in question.....could you have someone spend the night with you or go stay with a friend? Just a suggestion!

Hope you feel better soon
Barbie

--------------------

Oh honey! new
      #223826 - 11/08/05 07:16 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You are one busy lady!

I don't 'spose there's anyway you go pack boxes and then go to the gym....or the other way round? I know how much it means to you and you've gotta look after yourself! Any chance of scheduling a session with PT Heather for the 10th? That would take your mind off things...or you could work out all that anger with Heather. She is one cool lady...and she could kick ANYONE's butt. But then these days, so could you!

Christmas shopping...do alot online! I've been sortin out loads of pressies and stuff I can buy over the net as I'm practically housebound atm.

Grandma's knee surgery is not comething to worry about now...and hopefully by then your Mom will be able to help out more - and your aunt too!

{{{hugs}}}

Oh Shell!!! **major hugs** new
      #223828 - 11/08/05 07:21 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Shell,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through all this right now! I gotta say, I too am totally not surprised that your tummy is acting up with all this on your plate right now -- I think even non-IBS'ers would be having an upset stomach with all that going on!

I know this might not sound like much, but I know that it seems like things are crappy but you are doing the best that you can... which is a lot more than most people could even handle!

On a positive note, I am glad to hear that your mom had her staples out and she is doing really well. At least that's one thing to be happy about!

And we'll be here for you to lean on when Shane is away! If you ever want to talk, eMail me or I can send you my phone number if you wanna chat on the phone. I know how much you miss Shane when he is away, and it must be especially hard during this non-happy anniversary. Can you have some friends or your sister or somebody over that night to try and take your mind off of it?

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't even started THINKING about Christmas shopping .

And don't worry, as soon as your life starts to calm down you will get back to the gym and kick the same butt you always do!

I think you should make yourself some tummy tea, and have a nice hot bath and just 'aaaah' for a while!

Remember, I'm here for you if you need somebody!

**huge hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

just sending hugs new
      #223837 - 11/08/05 08:46 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Ugh... When it rains, it pours, huh?

This, too, shall pass. Just breathe!

Big hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Big hugs, Shell new
      #223849 - 11/09/05 05:00 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

You can vent with us anytime. Hope things get better for you soon. You've been through a lot lately. It sounds like you need a break.

((((((big hugs))))

STUPID CAR!! new
      #223886 - 11/09/05 09:13 AM
Shell Marr

STUPID CAR.....

My heater stopped working at lunch yesterday and then my coolant light came on when I was driving back to the office. A Coworker checked and said the coolant was VERY low..... He could not see where there was a leak. He added one pitcher of water to it. I dropped it off at Alki Auto by my house and walked home after work and they can look at it today for me.... maybe just a hose? Who knows....I just know that if it costs much to fix it.... I'm gonna be pissed cuz I only owe $1,200 on the darn thing and plan to start looking for a used car after the holidays. But since Shane is gone... I'm able to drive his car and did not have to take a taxi or leave the house to catch a bus at 5:30am to get to work and still had been 15 mins late!

I guess one good thing came out of Shane not being home.......he is due to land in LA at 9:33am....

Although ....I forgot to get my Luna bars out of MY car so I did not get to eat until I got to work....I usually eat a Luna bar on my way into the office.... so my tummy was grumpy at me..... and all the fennel tea I'm drinking is really helping me "Release" Good thing my new canister from Heather came in the mail yesterday too...cuz I only had 3 bags left....

--------------------

Re: Oh gosh.... new
      #223929 - 11/09/05 12:54 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

premeditated? Bless your heart. I am glad that you survived. You are blessed!

The losers who robbed me are in prison for 55 years. It's gonna be awhile before they see the light of day. The sad part is one of them had a daughter who will never have her dad walk her down the aisle.

55 years!! That is great!! Mine only got 21 years and could get out in 17 with good behavior. I need to have my Dad call Crime Victims and get the current info on them if he has not already. The one who I knew better and the one who stabbed me also has a son....he was 8-10 at the time.... but, he is better off without him!!

--------------------

Re: haha are you keeping it top secret!?!?! new
      #223930 - 11/09/05 12:55 PM
Shell Marr

YEPPERS, ya never know when Shane might stop in the site!

--------------------

#223931 - 11/09/05 01:00 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Oh dear, lots going on for you. Its no wonder why your tummy is in a tizzy! I did all my x-mas shopping last year on-line because I was on crutches and wasn't about to hobble around the crowded stores! As for the "anniversary," I can only imagine how difficult that is for you. Big, big hugs!!

Thanks Michele...I've started a list..... and will do lots online too....it is just that I need time to plan it all out to buy as much from one place to save on shipping

--------------------

Great News!! new
      #223932 - 11/09/05 01:03 PM
Shell Marr

I JUST got some GREAT NEWS!! Shane will be home Friday night!! I get to pick him up at 8:30pm at the airport. So, I will not be going to Grandma's until Sat after the gym...

--------------------

Re: OH MY, Shell...... new
      #223933 - 11/09/05 01:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm sorry you are so stressed out but I can certainly understand why. There's lots of stuff going on.

On those two nights in question.....could you have someone spend the night with you or go stay with a friend? Just a suggestion!

Hope you feel better soon
Barbie

Hey Barbie!! I JUST got some GREAT NEWS!! Shane will be home Friday night!! I get to pick him up at 8:30pm at the airport. So, I will not be going to Grandma's until Sat after the gym... So, the only night I will be alone is Thurs 10th... after the gym.

--------------------

Re: Oh honey! new
      #223935 - 11/09/05 01:10 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You are one busy lady!

I don't 'spose there's anyway you go pack boxes and then go to the gym....or the other way round? I know how much it means to you and you've gotta look after yourself! Any chance of scheduling a session with PT Heather for the 10th? That would take your mind off things...or you could work out all that anger with Heather. She is one cool lady...and she could kick ANYONE's butt. But then these days, so could you!

Christmas shopping...do alot online! I've been sortin out loads of pressies and stuff I can buy over the net as I'm practically housebound atm.

Grandma's knee surgery is not comething to worry about now...and hopefully by then your Mom will be able to help out more - and your aunt too!

{{{hugs}}}

Hi Linz....

I'm gonna be with PT Heather on 10th!! Then hopefully I can get to sleep shortly after I have dinner.... wake up for work and then I get to pick Shane up at 8:30pm Fri instead of Sat now!! WWoohhhooo!!!

Yes, online shoppin here I come!!

Yeah, I'm not gonna worry about Grandma's surgery now....but no, my Mom will not be able to help. She works nights and will just be going back to work herself come the 2nd week of Jan. So, that is one reason I feel like I really need to help as much with the move because neither of my Parents are physically able to. But, yes....my Aunt will help....she is the only daughter.....but she lives further away then I do....so during the work week it will be really hard for her to get there. POOP...I'll worry about it later....screw it!! LOL

--------------------

Re: Great News!! new
      #224010 - 11/09/05 09:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

I JUST got some GREAT NEWS!! Shane will be home Friday night!! I get to pick him up at 8:30pm at the airport. So, I will not be going to Grandma's until Sat after the gym...
Hee hee, I'm sure you'll get some exercise without the gym... hee hee...

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#224022 - 11/10/05 03:46 AM
Shell Marr

I can't sleep..... (3:45am)

--------------------

You okay Shell? - nt new
      #224030 - 11/10/05 05:26 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Update... new
      #224079 - 11/10/05 08:53 AM
Shell Marr

Yes, I'm okay.... thanks for asking Linz.... I drank some fennel tea, turned the ocean "machine" on and was able to fall back asleep.

I walked to pick up my car at the shop this morning on the way to work. They did not charge me.... and said it must just be my radiator cap...so Shane will get me one this weekend (he can get it cheaper).

I just got off the phone with my Grandma... I THINK I've talked her into not doing the surgery until the 2nd part of Jan 2006!! WWooohhhooo..... I will see her Sat when I help her pack..... (I'm not going Friday now cuz Shane is coming home Friday instead of Sat morning!!! ) My Aunt and one of my male cousins are going to help Grandma most of the day Friday and then my other Aunt will help for about 3 hours Friday evening.....so, SOME stuff will already be done by time I get there Sat...thank goodness!! It's only 20 years worth of stuff to be moved... (plus about 40 years of crap she has moved from the house to the apt, to the apt, to the apt she is now in)....LOL I will do everything in my power to NOT move that "crap" again to this new place!! She said, "Gee...you are being FIRM with me" I said, because I know what is best for you.....

--------------------

hey shell new
      #224093 - 11/10/05 09:16 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

girl i was totally in that stress boat with yah not even a week ago!! am working 2 jobs both at opposite ends of the city, trying to save money for future *expensive* appartment and europe vacation next summer, also for my bday vacay next june AND xmas this year! having lots of health issues ie: bad IBS/C, red poops, bloating like CRAZY and irritability, bad asthma and the flu. taking care of BFs parents house which is too big for the 2 of us and also trying to have a life as well as manage school-oiy! it sounds like youve got alot on your plate right now too. sending you a *BIG HUG* to help you get thru it!! try taking one day at a time? and make time for posting! i always feel better when i post b/c i dont feel so disconnected from my life-good luck sweetie!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Shell new
      #224096 - 11/10/05 09:30 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

You really have been dealing with a lot! I wanted to say I understand your excitement with Shane coming home early. My husband is in Detroit this week, he left Monday and will be back LATE Friday. I want him back EARLY Friday, but it's not up to me (or him). It sucks! I mean, I'm independent and can keep myself busy, but it's lonely when you're used to him being there! Especially sleeping at night. I don't like how the empty bed feels so I bunch up the covers around me tight so I'm "protected"!!

My mom had knee surgery a few years ago right before Thanksgiving and she regrets it!! bad timing for sure!

Good luck with everything, keep up the fennel tea and take a breather once in a while!

--------------------

Shell! new
      #224100 - 11/10/05 09:39 AM
retrograde

Hey Shell!

I'm sorry I haven't been on the site too much lately and I just saw this! Yikes, you're going through so much right now! Considering all this stuff, I think you're handling it amazingly, and I'm glad to hear some of the problems are cleared up already. Make sure you take some time to yourself each day (even just a few minutes) and remember that everyone is (so clearly!!!) here for ya!!

I hope things start to slow down / look up soon

{{{{MANY, MANY HUGS!}}}}

Grandma Stress Update.....LOL new
      #224828 - 11/14/05 10:39 AM
Shell Marr

Here is a copy of the email that I sent to family last night...so you have an idea....

Quote:

I just got home... I was there both Sat & Sun for about 6 hours each day.... OH MY GOSH...SO MUCH CRAP!!

Lots of stuff going to St. Vincent......but now the guy is not coming to pick it up until next Sat...so there is bags of crap pilled by the front door (but she can get in and out in case of emergency just fine). I started stacking more bags near the boxes that are for the movers but marked them "St V"

Got MOST of the kitchen but there are still lots of dishes that need to be wrapped & boxed, including the dishwasher. But still a lot of work in that room. Got some nic nac crap and some stuff off the walls....but still LOTS more. I got the BIG BIG trunk that was in one of the bedrooms out filled it with the sewing machine, and all the towels and pillows that she is saving for us that she will not let us have until she is "gone" not too heavy of items so did not make the trunk that much heavier. She got some stuff in her bedroom out into the living room for me to box up....but other then that I was not able to touch either bedroom, bathroom, or any closets (including the deck). LOTS to do and she is just going in circles trying to figure out what to do next, she really need "direction" LOL

OH.... you know that whole section of cabinets that was full of paper & plastic crap? napkins, plates, etc etc...... ALL went to St. V

There is also a box near the desk in the living room marked "For anyone to take" take stuff if you are interested...or take it just to get rid of it please I took as much "Crap" that she tried to give me...including her 30 years of saved used bows & ribbons coming out my butt now..... LOL

Not sure when I will make it back over there again......

Moving day is Sat after Thanksgiving......

That's all for now.....

--------------------

Gee it sounds overwhelming!~nt~ new
      #224856 - 11/14/05 12:20 PM
poochibelly

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6229

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review