All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Holy Cow! new
      #223537 - 11/07/05 11:09 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

That does not sound like fun at all......
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#223550 - 11/07/05 12:08 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

No, amnio isn't any fun at all. And, since I'm carying twins, even though they are identical, I'd have to have it done twice!! The want to draw fluid from each sac! Apparently, even though they came from the same fertilized egg, one of them could develop a chromosonal problem the other doesn't have because the cells don't always divide properly, which is what causes most genetic problems to begin with!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: No one can tell you what to do but I opted out of these tests... new
      #223551 - 11/07/05 12:12 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I can opt out of the tests, no one can force me to do them. I'm sure when I finally get settled with a dr, I'm going to have to defend my decision but thats ok. The amnio could give me peace of mind that everything is ok but I still don't want to risk the complications that go along with it. Besides, after the fertility treamtments, daily shots and daily blood draws, I've had enough of needles for a while! And the amnio needle is a BIg needle!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#223557 - 11/07/05 12:49 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm sorry that you have to go through that but I will pray for a good outcome. I hope you have two identically beautiful and healthy babies!! I'm so jealous! I'm very happy for you. I was watching your posts a while back when you were trying to get pregnant and when you actually got pregnant I even got excited for you....not even knowing you.....but, then you said you were having IDENTICAL TWINS....I almost cried....That's such a blessing!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Had genetic counslers appt today new
      #223579 - 11/07/05 02:15 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

oh my goodness youre expecting twins?? wow--thats fantastic! sorry i dont keep up much with news!! *keeping good thoughts*

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#223596 - 11/07/05 03:05 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Michele,
I was 36 years old when I had my youngest child. I refused all of the tests because I wasn't going to abort my child anyway; no matter what. But, everything turned out just fine and my son was born without any problems at all.

A friend of mine who I went to school with, also had a baby at that age. (Same time as me.) This woman had high blood pressure and it was a difficult pregnancy, but everything turned out perfect.

I know it's impossible not to worry, but try to stay positive.
Terri

#223597 - 11/07/05 03:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Michele! The only advice I have is to trust yourself on this one...you WILL make the RIGHT decision *hugs*

Terri, how many kids do you have? I think it's great that we can start having kids at these ages...it gives me HOPE *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie........... new
      #223625 - 11/07/05 08:00 PM
MissS

Hi Ruchie. To answer your question, I have 3 children. Patrick was my last child and like I said, he was born when I was 36 years old. Honey, you should definitely have hope! Yes, ALWAYS have hope!
Terri

Re: Ruchie........... new
      #223629 - 11/07/05 08:26 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Awww! Thanks Terri *hugs*

I'm gonna be 27 this month. And I am stil not stable on my bipolar meds. First I have to get stable then I have lots of work to do on me re. the abuse I've been though befoe I will be emotionally ready to have kids. THEN we have to make sure I'll be ok going off meds and that there will be a plan in place cause you can't be on the meds while you're preg.

Thank you SO SO much for the hope *hugs* I will try..it's not always easy though...

How are things with you? Sending only good things your way...

Love you!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ruchie........... new
      #223635 - 11/07/05 09:49 PM
MissS

Sweetie,
You just keep on trying. My goodness, you are such a STRONG young lady and I have no doubt whatsoever, that you will continue to grow and get even stronger. At 27, you still have plenty of time to take care of yourself and have babies when the time is right.

You're smart for making sure you're ready and getting yourself in tip top shape mentally and emotionally. I admire you so much. I read all your posts and I have a lot of respect for you as well as so many others on this board. So many of you have struggled so much, but yet you keep on trying and you don't give up.

I know it's not easy at all, but somehow, we all seem to make it.

You asked how I'm doing. Well, I'm doing very well. Thanks for asking.

Big hugs back to you,
Terri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 645 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41542

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review