All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Michele how are the babies? new
      #222333 - 10/31/05 02:04 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I don't know if there were any complications with my mom's pregnancy...I'm adopted. However, 38 years ago my sister and I weigh just over 6lbs. each. My assumpation is my mom had a good pregnancy.

My sister and I grew up in different homes, but always knew each other. I would have loved to share everything with her, including a bedroom. I think it is important twins develop their own identity, but you can't break a close bond that develops with twins.

Sorry about your morning sickness. It is yucky to go through, but in the end when you see your precious babies you will forget about the miserable parts of your pregnancy.

If you want to hear something really wild. One of my co-workers is expecting her first baby at age 44!!! She has been trying for 8 years!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Michelle new
      #222340 - 10/31/05 03:36 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I heard when you are preggers with twins that the morning sickness can be double awful. Hope yours subsides!

Also we looked into an additon on our other house and it was cheaper to actually move. We were so glad we did because we got a lot more for our money with just moving.

You'll also need some kind of SUV or van. Yikes.....
I was one of those moms that refused to drive a van. Sorry all you van owners I just couldn't do it. Now don't get me wrong they are very roomy and convenient but I just couldn't picture myself in it and felt very old in one. We ended up with a SUV and then I got another. Now my boys are older and I finally got car. (My hubby still has the SUV for snow purposes!)

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Twins everywhere! new
      #222366 - 10/31/05 06:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michele, I thought about you tonight. We had 2 sets of identical twins come to our door trick-or-treating. They were so cute!

Re: Twins everywhere! new
      #222422 - 11/01/05 07:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ah, they must have been cute! We had exactly FOUR trick or treaters and now I'm stuck looking at this HUGE left over bowl of candy!!! Luckily, sweets aren't settling well right now

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Michelle new
      #222424 - 11/01/05 07:07 AM
michele

Yeah, I agree, I think its going to be cheaper to move than try to add on and fix what we have. I think we may wait until the twins are a year or so though first to see where our finances are. If complications arise and I get put on bed rest for any leagnth of time, it could wipe out our savings.

Luckily, Will is leasing a Town and COuntry Van with the sto-n-go seating!!! He needed something BIG to haul gear in for his business. I drive a Jeep Libery which is a four door so that'll be fine for running around when they are little but when we take longer trips, like to visit the parents and stuff, we can take Wills van!

--------------------

Re: Michele how are the babies? new
      #222425 - 11/01/05 07:12 AM
michele

Six pounds for twins is a good weight!! I feel the same way, I want the twins to be there own persons but I also want them to be very close. I mean, there spending 9 months cramped up in my tummy together, they've GOT to form some sort of bond.

The morning sickness, which lasts ALL day and night is getting worse every day now. Its oddly reasurring though but makes it difficult to function. I see the Re tomorrow and will ask her about some sort of anti-nausea medication.

Congrats to your friend you is pg after 8 years of trying!!! I'm feeling a little old at 35 being pregnant, I couldn't imagine being 44. I hope her pregnancy goes well!

--------------------

Re: Ideas new
      #222429 - 11/01/05 07:16 AM
michele

Thanks Linz!! All very good ideas!! I think we will definitely get rid of the buffett and make that area into a play area when the twins get old enough to need a play area!! I agree, a toy chest and lots of baskets or carts or something to put all the mess away in! I think we are going to find it cheaper/easier to just move than try to renovate our house. It was built in 1922 and I'm not sure the foundation can support much work done to it anyways! We will probably wait a year or two though before moving to see how are finances go.

--------------------

Don't rush! new
      #222438 - 11/01/05 07:33 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

babies can make due in a limited space.... wait until they are here if you can... thats what both my sister and my cousin did.. Danit found amazing ways to make their house work for now.. I'm sure when the baby is walking (he's 11 days old) they will be moving, but at least they have some time now to make decisions iwthout dealing with hormones and more stress on a pregnant mommy... and Tali decided to wait and is going to put the house on the market when he's just under a year old...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

You had three more than I did!~nt~ new
      #222440 - 11/01/05 07:36 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Just ordered maternity pants!! new
      #222511 - 11/01/05 10:10 AM
michele

Boy, do you know how hard it is to find TALL PLUS size maternity pants??!! Wow!! Old Navy and Gap were both out of the one or two pairs I could find on there web sites. I couldn't find ANY talls on the motherhood site. I've spent HOURS looking! I finally found a JC Penny Maternity catalog that had a few pairs. I ordered a pair of low rise bootcut jeans with the shorter elastic band that goes all the way around. A pair of gray knit slacks that has a foldable band so you can wear it low or unfold it for more support when tummy gets real big! And I found a cute pair of purple cords with the low rise!! I'm so excited!! I can't button my jeans at all and I've been wearing my "fat" pants, the two pair of knit, pull up pants I usually save for bloated belly days! I've got some drawstring pants that are fine for around the house for now but I need something to wear to work!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1430

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review