All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Who wants to join me
      #22118 - 09/30/03 02:58 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

in a scream session. AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ok, I feel better. Please tell me one more thing will NOT happen today. The messes to clean up (bathroom accidents and milk spill), the screaming, the arguing, the bloody nose. I think I am going to go to bed early. They must be making up for yesterday. They were angles, beyond angles.

In case you are wondering, some how a heavy snow globe fell off of Maddie's dresser and hit Meike on the nose. She was the only one in the room and must have been looking up at the time. Who knows? So if it is bleeding now will it still bleed a couple days later. Usually when she hurts her nose, it bleeds two or three days later.

Sorry for the icky post. Just needed to vent. Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Who wants to join me new
      #22119 - 09/30/03 03:21 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I feel for you bud! Honestly - you have been through alot today.

The up side? Tomorrow could NOT be worse than today.

Hope you have a better night.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#22124 - 09/30/03 03:54 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Aaargh! Lana Maire, Do NOT say things like that! It's tempting fate!

Anyway...Sorry you've had one of those days, Heidi! Scream away at us all you want - I really sympathise!

Linz

#22142 - 09/30/03 06:47 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Screaming is good for the soul and just remember....the benefits of screaming online is that you don't disturb anyone. Scream away!!!
Kristine

Re: Funny you should ask .... new
      #22157 - 09/30/03 08:46 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I was going to post a scream note here tonight, too. Quinlan (8 weeks old) has taken to screaming fits due to gas after feedings that last for HOURS. After a 2 + hour session tonight, the hubby finally comes home from work at 10:00. He eats, and then asks me a stupid question about food in the fridge that I didn't use up. I wanted to scream at him. He KNEW I'd been dealing with a poor tiny screaming kid for 2 + hours. Does he offer help? NO. HE GOES TO SLEEP! ARRRGH! USually he's really helpful. Tonight, I just wanted a few minutes to blow off steam. All for not.
Children are a challenge and a joy. You just never know which one's coming next. I would rethink that possible 3rd kid of yours. 2 kids are all I can handle and my house looks like a tornado went through it! I can't keep up with a house and a newborn and a 2 year old and a hubby who works late and doesn't know how to operate the handle on the dishwasher.

I'm going to find chocolate .... soy pudding.
Hugs. with steam coming out my ears.
Thanks for the vent session.
Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: I shouldn't laugh.. new
      #22164 - 09/30/03 11:42 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

... it's just that I thought maybe I was the only one who had days like that!!

The other day Harrison went to the toilet on his own, neglected to tell me or wipe his bottom and subsequently sat on every good piece of carpet and furniture that we own. Just when I thought I'd finished with the cleaning I'd find more!

Following that he spilt a whole cup of milk on the floor. Luckily it was on the tiles but it ran underneath the TV cabinet and into all the electrical cords!

For the finale he sneezed all over a whole display counter of Donuts at the local shop. I thought I was going to have to pay for the lot. There must have been about 60 of them ranging in price from $2-$3 so I was just about beside myself. Fortunately, since it was the end of the day the lady was very understanding and didn't charge us except for the few we were buying.

Yes, that all happened in one day and I too felt like screaming loud enough to be heard all over the country.

So, I completely understand - scream away!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: laugh away ... new
      #22172 - 10/01/03 04:45 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'd much rather laugh at it than scream. It's a much better alternative - so laugh away. Just as long as we can still scream from time to time ....

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Yuck! I hope she threw away the rest of the donuts! -----nt--- new
      #22173 - 10/01/03 05:05 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: laugh away ... new
      #22177 - 10/01/03 05:52 AM
torbetta

Ok, so I thought after last night we were good. WRONG. I am now laughing about it now and I am laughing about this morning. Three year olds are fun. I thought we were past this stage.

So Meike starts off the day telling daddy "you didn't give us the stuff" What stuff?" "The stuff" Like the dialog yet. It gets better. She comes into the room, I am still in bed . She says "Daddy didn't get us the thing" "What thing" "He didn't get us the thing"
Ok time to get up, shower. "Meike what did you want" "Toast" I can do that. "What do you want on it" Silence. "Maddie, what do you want?" Jelly" Meike "Me too" Now the hard question "What kind" Here is where we begin to talk about something else. It is a family curse or amusement, not sure which.

Now I should have made myself something but instead I decide to help Meike find clothes. It is 37 degrees outside. It is cold in here. She decides she has to wear tank top and shorts. I should have let her go. No, I'm stupid. So for the next 10 min she wonders around naked.

During that time this is what is going on. I find her some clothes out of the closet. It isn't pretty enough. It is cute, it even has sunflowers and her favorite color. Maddie tries to convince her it is pretty. She finds differnt clothes. So I find her pink pants and tell her she can wear the short sleeve shirt with pink flowers she had on earlier. So we are talking about a three year old now. Guess what happens next?

She wants to wear the sunflower shirt. I finally gave her the tank top and said wear while you eat. She will have to change anyways. I will deal with it before we leave. I made some breakfast for myself so I won't loss it.

Now I have to clean up juice on the floor.

Han and Kerrri I will be back with more for both of you.

Re: too contiue... new
      #22178 - 10/01/03 06:10 AM
torbetta

Are you sick of me yet?

Han,
First, why do you think I haven't had a third yet? Meike will be almost 4 1/2 min. before another comes. This is a hard stage to get through. Let the house go. Not literally but don't worry about not getting everything done. One of my friends said she felt like she accomplished something if she took a shower and vacuumed the floor. They are little and your husband isn't around enough. Enough sometimes feels like it would be all day. You kind of feel like a single mom. God Bless you. Relax they are only little for a short time. The first year goes by fast. You will look back and think what was I so stressed about. Remember, it is like labor (not sure if it the same with a c-section) you forget. If we didn't we wouldn't have any kids.

Kerri,
Did I ever tell you about my nephew? Your story about your son reminds me of it. First my sister is the oldest and the her house is beyond clean. There house is newly built. My mom came over one day. So my 3 1/2 year old nephew, who is not potty trained, comes out of the house naked with brown stuff all over him. My mom comes in and calls my sister. She is in the basement cleaning up the wet spots he made and was jumping in. Get where I am going? He had gone up stairs, and in my sister's bedroom, on their new floor, he had a BM on her floor. He thought it was the funniest thing. My mom took my nephew and cleaned him up, while my sister cleaned up the rug. Thank God my mom came when she did and that his daddy wasn't home. I heard the stain didn't come up all the way. I will not laugh because some day that might happen to me.

Anyone watch George of the Jungle? The part where George tells Irsala to yell, it will make her feel better? That is what I do and the girls stop whatever they are doing and laugh at me. The only problem is yesterday when I did that our neighbor's mom was outside . Have to wonder what people think when they hear the loud noises that come out of this house. Especially when they are mine.

Hey Lana are we scaring you yet?

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1378 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5629

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review